5.0 out of 5 stars Every recipes is a winner, Nov. 10 2006
This review is from: Crazy plates: Low-fat food so good, you'll swear it's bad for you! (Paperback)
I own both Crazy Plates and Eat, Shrink and Be Merry. They are by far my favourite and most often used cookbooks. The recipes in both are fantastic - I have probably tried 3/4 of them and so far, no flops. Many of the recipes do require a large number of ingredients, but it's nice to see a cookbook that uses fresh ingredients and seasonings to flavour a dish, rather than salt and butter. The comments, info and hints in the margins are both humorous and useful. I also enjoy the fact that the cookbook incorporates recipes/ingredients from around the world (Indian, Thai, Mexican, etc.). I can't wait for the sisters to come up with their next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another hit!, Oct. 3 2013
This is another great cookbook from these Canadian sisters. It was received in great condition. Now, if I could only find a copy of the original Looneyspoons cookbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, Nov. 30 2012
There are lots of healthy recipes in this book.

I love what they offer. My family is very happy with the results

4.0 out of 5 stars Love These Cookbooks, Feb. 11 2009
L. Jackson "rae_jay" (Dallas, TX) - See all my reviews
I started off with Eat Shrink and Be Merry, then I bought Looney Spoons and just recently added this to my cookbook collection.
While sometimes the recipes do seem a little tedious (with all the ingredients), they taste incredible and I love all the nutrition facts located throughout the books. I have found many recipes that I enjoy making and mix it up to try something new in the book each time I go shopping!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good eats Aunt Bea, April 5 2011
I had gotten the book Looney Spoons as a X-Mas present years ago and was not really into cooking then. I just started using it in the last 2 years and have never made anything from it my family did not enjoy. I love the fact that I am now using herbs and spices to create tasty low fat dishes. I then looked into other books by the same authors. I had no trouble getting Eat, Shrink, and be Merry as it was their most recent book. Again this proved a purchase that has been used very often with great results. I have looked all over for Crazy Plates but could not find it until through Amazon who facilitated it's purchase. Although they did not have it in stock I was able to purchase a very good condition used copy from a person listed on the Amazon site. It was very easy to do and the book arrived in a timely manner. I have no complaints about this experience. I was so excited to receive it As with the other 2 books it has been a great addition to our dining delights. I am looking forward to some of their BBQ recipes I will be preparing this coming summer. I hope they will be coming out with another book in the future. The recipes are simple, very tasty, and the best part healthy for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars best cookbooks ever!, Nov. 24 2010
R. Leskiw (Canada) - See all my reviews
All 3 of the Podleski books are great! Low fat food that tastes better than high fat food! Can't wait for their next book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Deeeeeeelish!, Dec 11 2009
Pageturner (Calgary, AB Canada) - See all my reviews
These ladies know how to make a cookbook for the rest of us! I love their tips and notes and no-nonsense recipes. I have the collection and bought this for a gift this Christmas for friends settling into their first house. Serving these recipes will make it feel like a home!

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Cookbook ever!!!, Feb. 6 2009
Richard B. Barnaby (Calgary AB) - See all my reviews
My neighbor got this for a gift, so I thought i would buy it for my wife. Great receipes and they all all very tasty.

my wife has millions { yes}of cookbooks and this is definitely in the top five.

buy it and make sure you have lots of Maple Syrup on hand

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious recipes in a entertaining format!, March 21 2007
Laura Wilson "Cookbook Addict" (Garibaldi Highlands, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
I love love love this cookbook. The authors use cartoons and sprinkle food facts to make the book more interactive and interesting to the reader, which is unlike anything I have seen in any other cookbook. And the food is to die for! No one has ever guessed it is low-fat. My favorites include: Stop and Smell the Rosemary Foccacia, Tubes and Cubes (a BBQ chicken pasta dish), and I Got Stew Babe (a delicious balsmaic roasted veggies and chicken stew).

5.0 out of 5 stars Book received in mint condition, April 5 2011
Crazy plates: Low-fat food so good, you'll swear it's bad for you!
Book received within reasonable amount of time and in mint condition.

Crazy plates: Low-fat food so good, you'll swear it's bad for you!
Crazy plates: Low-fat food so good, you'll swear it's bad for you! by Janet & Greta Podleski (Paperback - Sept. 1 1999)
Used & New from: CDN$ 8.63