5.0 out of 5 stars I am shrinking and merry!
Published on April 26 2006 by Not Jenny

3.0 out of 5 stars Recipes
I was a bit disappointed with this book because I bought it after I bought the latest book -The Looneyspoons Collection: Janet & Greta's Greatest Recipe Hits plus... They are essentially the same book!
Published 12 months ago by Dawn

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I am shrinking and merry!, April 26 2006
Not Jenny (Brandon, Manitoba Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eat, Shrink & Be Merry! Great-Tasting Food That Won't Go from Your Lips to Your Hips! (Paperback)
This book and the Podleski sister's other two books; Looneyspoons and Crazy Plates are my best friends in my weight loss journey. Every meal I make from these books is tasty, the portion sizes are filling and everything is tweaked to be healthier. My family doesn't feel like they are "dieting" with me. I love that I can make a satisfying meal for everyone and still be on track with my goals. Eat, Shrink and be Merry is my favourite book so far. Everything I have made has been delicious. I took "Lord of the Wings" to a party and everyone begged for the recipe. The sweet-potato current muffins make a filling breakfast and made good use of holiday leftovers. The tuna melts are regular busy-day-I-have-no-time-to-cook dinner.
The information in the margins in between recipes is great as well--tips and tricks for becoming a healthier person, not necessarily a thinner one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Low-Fat Recipes (without realizing their low-fat!), Jan. 8 2006
Janet and Greta have done it again! Yet another terrific cookbook by these wacky sisters. The recipes are easy to follow coupled with tips, information, and wonderful humour. It's like reading a witty novel, with the added bonus of food.
If you're trying to lose weight or just eat healthy, this book is for you.
Look for their first two cookbooks as well -
Looneyspoons and CrazyPlates.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, March 19 2006
Sharilee McKenzie (Kitchener, Ontario) - See all my reviews
Every recipe we have tried has been a huge success in our house. This is my new favourite cookbook. I would highly recommend this book to anyone. Not only are the recipes great, the tips and comments in the book will keep you entertained.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK, March 12 2014
Another great book from the girls. Have added it to my collection of cookbooks. Just a great read all around.

5.0 out of 5 stars My first experience with the Sisters, Feb. 4 2014
Loved this book. I used it for a dinner party where everyone was watching their intake. I found main and sides along with dessert that everyone loved and the damage to waistline was minimal.

3.0 out of 5 stars Recipes, Aug. 10 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspired, Aug. 9 2013
Maureen Moore (Canada) - See all my reviews
Made us get very excited about cooking. The food is delicious and we had such fun.
Love this Canadian story.

5.0 out of 5 stars These gals are great!!, March 16 2013
David L. King (Bracebridge, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
loved their recipes, their humour and excellent assortment of recipes, would highly reccommend to one and all..also loved the layout of the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Awesome Read!!, Feb. 27 2013
This is not only a great cookbook, but a great read. They have a very witty sense of humor and also alot of really good tips about life in general!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfied!, Feb. 19 2013
I just wanted to say that I was very impressed with the quick turn around for processing my order and I received the package within days!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›