march Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis boutiques-francophones Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on April 26, 2006
This book and the Podleski sister's other two books; Looneyspoons and Crazy Plates are my best friends in my weight loss journey. Every meal I make from these books is tasty, the portion sizes are filling and everything is tweaked to be healthier. My family doesn't feel like they are "dieting" with me. I love that I can make a satisfying meal for everyone and still be on track with my goals. Eat, Shrink and be Merry is my favourite book so far. Everything I have made has been delicious. I took "Lord of the Wings" to a party and everyone begged for the recipe. The sweet-potato current muffins make a filling breakfast and made good use of holiday leftovers. The tuna melts are regular busy-day-I-have-no-time-to-cook dinner.
The information in the margins in between recipes is great as well--tips and tricks for becoming a healthier person, not necessarily a thinner one.
on January 8, 2006
Janet and Greta have done it again! Yet another terrific cookbook by these wacky sisters. The recipes are easy to follow coupled with tips, information, and wonderful humour. It's like reading a witty novel, with the added bonus of food.
If you're trying to lose weight or just eat healthy, this book is for you.
Look for their first two cookbooks as well -
Looneyspoons and CrazyPlates.
on March 19, 2006
Every recipe we have tried has been a huge success in our house. This is my new favourite cookbook. I would highly recommend this book to anyone. Not only are the recipes great, the tips and comments in the book will keep you entertained.
on January 16, 2008
I cannot say enough great things about this book. I received it as a gift from a friend and have since given it as a gift myself. The recipes are easy to follow and everything I have made has been delicious. My favourites so far include Glad Thai Dings, No Weigh Jose Mexican Lasagna, Dilly Beloved Chicken, Better Butter Chicken, Lord of the Wings... I could go on and on! Not only are they healthy recipes but I love the fact that I can find the ingredients in my local grocery store. I also enjoy reading the tips and trivia sections in the margins. Great for anyone who wants to enjoy tasty food that is easy to make!
on May 27, 2008
So far this cookbook is one of my favorites. I’ve made the “Tuskinny Chicken”, “Lord of The Wings” and “Lick Your Chops” from this cookbook and all were delicious! I’ve been working hard to drop some weight for the summer, and so far these recipes have been a great help in eating healthy. On top of all of that, the best part for me was how easy the recipes were to make. Thanks Janet and Greta for a fantastic cookbook!
on December 23, 2009
I'm almost 40, been a picky eater since I was a kid. I weighed around 285lbs for the past 20 years. I decided to do something about it last year. I started a caloric rotation diet and I had to look for new recipes. I bought this book and the one prior to it from the same two authors and I have to say I am impressed. We have owned a few books over the years and none of them were to my liking. Well, this one offered tasty, simple and healthy recipies that the whole family loved. The book offers simple alternatives that you can apply in your own recipes, to lower fat content for example while keeping all the flavor. The book is very easy to follow and is fairly humorous in it's presentation. In the end, I lost around 60lbs, and several of the recipes found in this book are now served on a regular basis at home, and will be for a long time!

Thanks to my wife for doing all the cooking :)
on March 28, 2009
I have a lot of cookbooks, from simple to challanging, and I still find myself returning to this cookbook whenever I'm stuck for an idea. Each recipe includes nutritional information (great if your counting points, or calories). My personal favorites have been the Better Butter Chicken (an indian butter chicken recipee) and Beijing Beauty (an asian glazed pork tenderloin). My families favorites have been a roasted red pepper and meatball soup, and the home made chicken tenders.

Some cookbooks you only get a few recipes out of, this book, I've made dozens. I've actually made it a goal to make every single recipe in the book.

I own all of the Looney spoon cookbooks, and find this one to be the strongest. There's not much overlap between the books (not like some authors who now have a defunct day time talk show, and claim to make meals in half an hour). I'm really looking forward to the next book.
on February 1, 2008
This cookbook is a very different style than most. But it's FUN and after you've spent hours and hours in the kitchen - a little fun is very welcome!! Full nutritional info on all recipes - and lots of fun tidbits about food included! A must have!
on May 25, 2009
A friend lent this book to me and I made a few recipes from it and LOVED them. After returning the book to my friend I decided I had to have a copy of my own. I've made a ton of recipes from this book since and none of them have disappointed. They're a fun, fresh take on healthy eating. I absolutely love this book and can't wait for the next installment from these fun sisters!!! This book is fabulous if you're following the Weight Watcher's plan it is easy to calculate the points with all of the nutritional information that is provided in the book. Love it! The latest recipe I made was this weekend, Bird on a Wire...absolutely delicious.
on May 10, 2009
This cookbook made me love cooking. I use it all the time (for everyday and with guests) and every recipe has turned out great. I also like that the recipes are healthier than most other cookbooks so I feel good when serving the food to family and friends. There are a few extra ingredients in these recipes compared to other books, but it is well worth the extra effort as everything turns out so yummy. You won't be disappointed. I also like Crazy Plates and can't wait for the sisters to publish another book!