5.0 out of 5 stars Does not disappoint
Another great book from these two! And it is a beautiful book. Lots of pictures, lots of info and tips, and of course Los of scrumptious recipes, both new and old (from their other 3 books). It is a fantastic book, I find I have lots of cookbooks but I cook mostly from these books....healthy and quick and easy and my family approves!
Published on Jan. 2 2012 by J. S.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looney for Looneyspoons
I have mixed thoughts about this book, I think it comes with the whole “being holistic” thing. On the one hand, I analyzed the Looneyspoons Collection from a nutritionist point of view - which I’m allowed to do because one of the authors has the same designation I have - Janet is an RHN from the same school I went to! On the other hand, I was also able...
Published on Jan. 13 2013 by judyshome

5.0 out of 5 stars Does not disappoint, Jan. 2 2012
J. S. (Nanaimo, BC, CAN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Looneyspoons Collection: Janet & Greta's Greatest Recipe Hits plus a Whole Lot More (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this cookbook!, May 11 2012
I am a huge fan of these authors and their cookbooks- I own them all and cook pretty much exclusively from them and have since I was in college. These cookbooks are best-sellers for a reason. This cookbook is cheerful, colourful and full of tons of recipes. I can't resist grabbing it off my shelf to browse it all the time. The must-try recipes are the Red, White and Yahoo Salad, the Lemon Ricotta pancakes, and the homemade granola. I highly recommend this book!

Here are the recipes that I have tried: (I will update this review as I try new ones, I try approx. 2 new ones every week.)
APPETIZERS
Strip T's (Sesame and coconut-crusted turkey strips with pineapple-plum sauce) These are very good!
SALADS
Where's Waldorf? (Apples , celery and toasted walnuts tossed with rotini pasta in a light, creamy dressing) AWESOME! I loved it!
The Chicken Coup (Chicken salad with pecans and cranberries in a creamy orange dressing) Fabulous! My fiance requests this often.
Moroccan and Rollin' Quinoa Salad (Colorful quinoa salad with chickpeas, veggies, lemon and mint) Didn't love it.
Rootie Toot Fruit Salad (Simple and simply delicious fruit salad with creamy orange-yogurt dressing.) Didn't love it.
Rice Capades- (Brown rice salad with cantaloupe, cucumber and cilantro in a zesty lime dressing)Not bad.
Red, White and Yahoo! (Grape tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and chickpeas tossed with fresh basil and balsamic vinegar.) WOW! This is my favourite recipe in the book! I think it is worth the price of the cookbook! We've made this again and again- LOVE IT!
Grainman- (Light-tasting, colourful bulgar salad with dried cranberries, walnuts and fresh mint)Good salad- my fiance loved it.
It's all Greek to Me (Traditional greek salad with fresh oregano, mint and a light vinaigrette dressing) Good greek salad.
VEGETARIAN
It's a Little Pizza Heaven- (Colourful vegetable pizza with pesto and feta) Not great, we don't really like pre-baked pizza crusts.
Lasagna with Mex Appeal (Layered Mexican tortilla casserole) Easy to make and yummy- fiance loved and had 3 helpings! :)
Chili Chili Bang Bang (Spicy, stew-like, loaded vegetarian chili) REALLY like this recipe- good, yummy, easy & lots of leftovers.
Beany Baby- (Spicy vegetarian chili with meatless ground burger and two kinds of beans) Quite good- makes lots- fiance loved.
Fromage a Trois (Three-cheese vegetable lasagna with chunky tomato sauce) Tasty lasagna! I learned how to make a homemade lasagna from these authors with much success. I don't think that this is their best lasagna recipe though. Don't get me wrong, this is very good, but I think that the one I made from the original Looneyspoons was better. Will report back after I try their other lasagna recipes which one is the best.
IT'S A MEAT MARKET
Ham-Me-Down Dinner (Baked ham and pineapple with orange-mustard sauce) Made this for company, turned out great, yum! (Company e-mailed me later for the recipe)
THE BRIGHT SIDES
All in the Yamily (Roasted sweet potatoes with a hint of apple and ginger) Turned out great, very good.
Viva Las Veggies (Roasted vegetable gratin with tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms and onions)Wasn't amazing, wouldn't make it again.
MISCELLOONEYOUS
Welcome Back, 'Cotta! (Lemon-ricotta pancakes with fresh blueberry sauce) These are so, so fantastic! I love this recipe tons!!! Can't wait to make them again!
Yumola Granola- (Scrumptious homemade granola with oats, nuts, seeds, dried cranberries, peanut butter and honey) This is delish granola! I've never made granola at home before. This was easy and turned out great! I love it and will definitely make it again!! WAY better than buying storebought. It has that homebaked goodness that makes it taste so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best healthy eating ideas I've ever found!, Dec 28 2011
I LOVE all their books and this is NO exception. A nice compilation and update of old recipes plus many great new ideas too. All with lovely colour pictures this time. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Useful Recipe Book Ever, Feb. 2 2012
Two months ago I had never heard of the Podleski sisters. Now I think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. What a wonderful book! I can't praise it enough. The food tastes great, the recipes are easy to follow, and there are so many nuggets of information included, it is much more than a recipe book. We've tried about 10 recipes so far, my family likes the food, and we are losing weight! It doesn't feel like diet food, and you don't feel like you're suffering eating it. On the contrary. I am able to enjoy the food, know that it's healthy for me, and happily lose weight. My diet is more balanced now. I've still got cookies and chocolate in the house, but I don't touch them because I don't crave them anymore!
We have switched to brown rice, we munch on nuts throughout the day, have lots of fruit, and really enjoy it! My 7-year old is starting to lose his belly fat, and he doesn't even know he's following a special diet.
I am simply thrilled with this book. It's become my companion. I sit and flip through it at odd moments of the day.
I just love it!
Thank you to the two dedicated sisters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow, Nov. 28 2013
Sabrina Mousseau (Southampton, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
I love this cookbook. I am not a fan of cooking/baking, but these sisters make being in the kitchen enjoyable. I might even confess that I am starting to enjoy planning and cooking my family's meals. The recipes call for ingredients that are easy to find in our local grocery store. The recipes are tasty- whether they are old classic recipes with a zip or a new ingenious one. I highly recommend this cookbook!

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favourite, April 28 2012
Andrea (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This is the first Janet and Greta cookbook I've ever owned but it has quickly become my new favourite. The pictures are vibrant and make every dish look tempting. The nutrition trivia throughout the book is interesting and I've learned quite a lot from just reading the book. The girls have a pretty cheesy sense of humour, but I do watch their show so I'm used to it and, truth be told, their puns do make me giggle every now and then. The book is well organized, nicely laid out, and easy to follow.

I've tried several of the recipes and have liked them all so far. My favourites are the Hawowii Meatball Kebobs, the pistachio-crusted whitefish, the Mexican pizza, and the linguine with chicken, veggies, and an Asian vinaigrette. I made the banana blueberry muffins for a book club meeting last week and they were a hit.

This book has really brought a new life to my cooking, which was starting to feel tedious. I look forward to flipping through the book when I'm planning meals and I even enjoy grocery shopping again. It was a Christmas gift and I'm so glad I got it - it was just what I needed!

I HIGHLY recommend this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome cookbook, Jan. 31 2012
Awesome cookbook. The recipes are simple and easy to prepare. The pictures are gorgeous. Another great cook book from the Looneyspoons collection. I have them all and love them all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recipes you can trust., April 16 2012
Thanks Janet & Greta for another great cookbook! Purchased "Eat, Shrink and be Merry" years ago and found all the recipes excellent. Love that the recipes are made with health in mind. Can have confidence that the meals I'm preparing are good for my family without having to put any thought into finding alternative, healthy ingredients...you do the work for us. And every recipe I have made from both books (and the show) has tasted excellent! Even if it's something new with ingredients that am not particularly fond of don't hesitate to make it because I know it will still taste good - and might find a new favourite in the process. Appreciate the caloric breakdown! And even though I enjoy the play-on-words, for the recipe titles it does make it difficult sometimes to understand what the heck it is! Of course then you're forced to read it more closely, and maybe that's the point.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cookbook!, Jan. 29 2014
I bought this cookbook when it was first released. Since then, I have bought one for a friend, sister-in-law,sister, boss, and have suggested it to three other people who have since purchased. This is my #1 go to cookbook every week. I usually make at least one meal from this book every week. Easy, not complicated and also great for a beginner cook. Flavourful, has all the nutrional information so great for anyone on Weight Watchers as points can be calculated or anyone counting calories. Some of the recipes are a little higher in calorie count than I would like but I save those for special occasions. There may have been maybe one or two things that I have made that I didn't like but everything else has been a grand slam!
Highly recommend this cookbook to anyone I know. Best investment to my health and weight loss. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars An instant hit with my family!, May 31 2014
I read about the original Looneyspoons recipe book while reading The Wealthy Barber Returns by David Chilton. I never really cooked very much and but I decided to give this book a try.

My cooking was an instant hit with my family. Over the past two weeks, I've made over 10 recipes and it has really refreshed our way of eating. The family also gets a kick out of seeing me cook! The recipes are very tasty, simple to prepare and the ingredients easy to find.

The book is also very good reading! The jokes are corny but fun. The nutrition and health facts are very informative.

As David Chilton would say, the rate of return on this book is outstanding! I will be giving this book to my kids and to some of my friends.

Buy it and eat well!