Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Showing 1-10 of 23 reviews(4 star).Show all reviews
on March 8, 2015
This is a great book with not only great recipes, but very good healthy eating informations. I consider myself pretty well informed on nutrition, but I learned a lot. I use this recipe boom more than any other one in my house. Using the recipes in here may add years to your life AND you'll LOVE the meals. So why not 5 stars...

While just about all of the recipes are great, many of them are similar. If you don't like ginger, this may not be the book for you. Honestly, I started wondering if they had a ginger farm and were just using the book to move product.

That's really the only negative. My (fussy) kids like a lot of the recipes which is a real blessing when you can get them to eat a healthier version of ribs or fake fried chicken. I've made many of the recipes for company and receive great compliments. I even bought a second copy to give as a gift.
on March 9, 2013
I love the fresh approach to cooking and the up-to-date health information that is included in the pages of this cookbook. Not your typical "Joy of Cooking: style but yet full of joy between the pages. We all love the chili recipe! I bought one for each of my daughters too.
on April 17, 2012
So far I've only made 3 recipes from this book. They all turned out quite good. Sometimes you may have to use your own judgement when it comes to cooking time... an example was when I made the "mixed up meatballs (turkey)"; also the sauce wasn't to my liking, but it turned out just as it was meant to. I just made my own notes in the book (not to make that sauce again).

>great binding!
>so many recipes!
>all most all seem fun, easy, nurtitious and delicious!
>great tips and funny bits of info!
>great for all ages (university student and upwards)... kids could do it too, but with supervision and help from parents!
on October 2, 2015
A lot of great recipes. I've only made some however, looking through the book, there are so many I'm excited to make. I agree with the comments about the recipes being old school in terms of low fat and whole grain being healthy. I think anything low fat is gross tasting and usually more prossed. I may be the craziest person for saying this but fat doesn't make you fat. I'm talking about you bacon. Ask your grandma when the last time she had turkey bacon was? Never because it's made in a factory that didn't exist when she was growing up. Butter or margarine? Healthy animal fat or plastic? Mm I think I'll have plastic because it's better for my heart. It's so easy to just substitute these low fat ingredients for regular ones that it's not an issue at all. And I wouldn't go thinking that this cookbook is just boring old healthy recipes. No no. There is lots of cookies, cakes and pasta dishes. Tonight I'll be making potato skins and I'll be loading it with 14% sour cream. Oh shiz!!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2014
Great cookbook for anyone to have. Recipes are usually simple and straight-forward to make. Only "complaint(s)" about the book is that I would have liked to have seen a page or two of COMMON Ingredients to help make the shopping-list easier. As a guy I think it would be helpful to know and plan out meals in advance knowing that I have most ingredients already at home rather than always having to check. And yes I could just do this myself (and have) but it would have made it easier for me!
on December 16, 2012
This book fits all of my qualifications for a good cook book. It has interesting and mouth watering recipes. Sometimes hard to believe they can fit into a healthy diet. I bought it on recommendation from my sister and am NOT disappointed. Can't wait to try more recipes.
on May 1, 2012
First saw it at my girlfriends , said she really liked it, so I purchased a copy from Amazon. So far everything I've tried has been a hit and very quick to make. Most ingredients I've had on hand.Would make a great gift for the cook in your life.
on April 3, 2012
The recipes are well presented, verbally and visually. So much more stimulating than previous books by these ladies. The many tip on nutrition through the book educate in a humourous well written manner. Excellent buy.
on May 8, 2013
I like this collection, my family is watching our weight and I like the fact that these recipes have good flavour and yet are calorie wise. It helps that all calories and fat etc are listed for each recipe as well.
on September 23, 2012
I really enjoy this book, especially the chicken enchiladas, ribs and peanut butter gingerbread cookies. I would definitely recommend purchasing this book if you are looking for some new healthy recipes.