summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Showing 1-10 of 29 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on May 25, 2016
Great cook book
on May 6, 2016
Good book with really fun pictures!
on March 1, 2016
Great recipe book with lots of handy quirky tips.
on February 18, 2016
Will enjoy trying some of these recipes
on February 4, 2016
Great cookbook. Good food with fewer calories always works!
on December 3, 2015
Many of the recipes take longer and are more complicated than I would have liked to see, given the audience, but they're tasty and nutritious and they look pretty much like the photos -- rare in a cookbook.
on November 15, 2015
as described thank you
on October 2, 2015
A lot of great recipes. I've only made some however, looking through the book, there are so many I'm excited to make. I agree with the comments about the recipes being old school in terms of low fat and whole grain being healthy. I think anything low fat is gross tasting and usually more prossed. I may be the craziest person for saying this but fat doesn't make you fat. I'm talking about you bacon. Ask your grandma when the last time she had turkey bacon was? Never because it's made in a factory that didn't exist when she was growing up. Butter or margarine? Healthy animal fat or plastic? Mm I think I'll have plastic because it's better for my heart. It's so easy to just substitute these low fat ingredients for regular ones that it's not an issue at all. And I wouldn't go thinking that this cookbook is just boring old healthy recipes. No no. There is lots of cookies, cakes and pasta dishes. Tonight I'll be making potato skins and I'll be loading it with 14% sour cream. Oh shiz!!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2015
It is a good cookbook, but not my style of cooking. Will give it to a friend that does more fancy cooking that will likely love it.
on March 8, 2015
This is a great book with not only great recipes, but very good healthy eating informations. I consider myself pretty well informed on nutrition, but I learned a lot. I use this recipe boom more than any other one in my house. Using the recipes in here may add years to your life AND you'll LOVE the meals. So why not 5 stars...

While just about all of the recipes are great, many of them are similar. If you don't like ginger, this may not be the book for you. Honestly, I started wondering if they had a ginger farm and were just using the book to move product.

That's really the only negative. My (fussy) kids like a lot of the recipes which is a real blessing when you can get them to eat a healthier version of ribs or fake fried chicken. I've made many of the recipes for company and receive great compliments. I even bought a second copy to give as a gift.