summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

I can't recommend this resource highly enough. The book is filled with practical, clearly explained, creative ideas to use with children, adolescents and families. I have used these activities extensively in my clinical work and I find them effective to help get clients to open up and engage in the therapeutic process. As a professor in the Child & Youth Worker program, I regularly recommend Liana Lowenstein's resources to my students.
on April 14, 2011
Liana has done an excellent job compiling creative interventions from various experienced practitioners. I have personally used many of these activities with the children I work with in my counselling practice and have received very positive feedback from the children. These activities are not only engaging but also assist in helping children address such issues as feelings expression, social skills and self-esteem. Liana has also included activities to address termination of counselling. These activities assist with helping children realize and celebrate their successes while also validating their feelings with respect to terminating counselling. This book is a must have for therapists, counsellors, group facilitators, etc. working with children, teens and families. I highly recommend this book!

Creative interventions for troubled children & youthCreative Family Therapy Techniques: Play, Art, and Expressive Activities to Engage Children in Family Sessions
More Creative Interventions for Troubled Children & Youth
on December 5, 2009
This is an extensive collection of play therapy activities for children of all ages. The activities cover all stages of the treatment process including engagement, assessment and termination. The activities are the creative contributions of professions working with children in a variety of different settings. Each activity includes the goals of the activity, a list of materials needed, a description of the process and a discussion related to the therapeutic value of the activity. I highly recommend this book.

Other books I recommend:

Creative interventions for troubled children & youth
More Creative Interventions for Troubled Children & Youth
on August 17, 2011
This book is a wonderful collection of so many ideas, techinques and creative ways to work with clients with a wide range of issues. This is a must have for any therapist working with children and teens!!

Megan Cowan, MSW, RSW
on November 16, 2010
As an elementary school teacher these ideas are very useful. I find I can easily tweak them to make them even more relevant to my clientele. I would recommend them as a staple in anyone's office who works with children.
on April 21, 2014
This is a very good, practical guide for cousellors. I've used many of these interventions with my clients and families
on February 22, 2016