5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, March 22 2012
This review is from: When Love Hurts: A Women's Guide to Understanding Abuse in Relationships (Paperback)
The authors are extremely knowledgeable & compassionate. This book educates, empowers & heals. For one thing, women who have experienced abuse are blamed, directly & indirectly. (Example: women are told they should stand up to the abuser.) Whereas this book puts the responsibility squarely where it belongs: on the abuser. The problem is his behavior. He needs to stop abusing. Finally, I can relate the Cycle of Abuse to my own situation. The "honeymoon phase" wasn't about romance, flowers & chocolates. It was when things SEEMED "normal," SEEMED peaceful (the lull before the storm). It kept me hooked. I now understand why it was impossible to have a marriage RELATIONSHIP, when he was not interested in a relationship. He wanted power & control. He believed he was central, superior & deserving. That made me peripheral, inferior & serving. The authors give other women's stories, which are immensely helpful. Any woman who has experienced abuse & reads this book will discover how courageous & resilient she is. I am so impressed with this book that I ordered 7 copies for other women who have experienced abuse.

5.0 out of 5 stars so very helpful when in or ending an abusive relationship, Nov. 25 2013
I read this book a few years ago when I stayed at a transition house after leaving my abusive husband. I felt embarrassed leaving him when he didn't hurt me physically, and he hadn't hit me for years. living with him was torture even without the physical abuse, this book let me know there was all kinds of abuse. I felt like this book was written about my husband.

5.0 out of 5 stars Support when you need it, June 8 2013
Great book. It gives you all the details and the information you need. You will read it several times. It's a must for everybody who goes through abuse. Very good book.

ARRAY(0xb2a41b4c)