5.0 out of 5 stars A Strong Thread of Truth

1.0 out of 5 stars had high hopes but was let down
Published on April 6 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars A Strong Thread of Truth, Feb. 24 2001
Ian Xel Lungold (Sedona, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Solving The Greatest Mystery of Our Time: The Mayan Calendar (Paperback)
Dr Carl J. Calleman has discovered a strong thread of truth which is presented in this new book. What will we weave of it? Here we have a bridge from our logical, rational western minds, to the Heart of indigenous wisom and the portal of our own intuition. Dr. Calleman offers up information so that any student of Conscious Evolution can prove to themselves that there is indeed a schedual of Creation. From all that we can scientifically prove of what happened when, all of the major events in Evolution and throughout our history match the timing shifts of the Mayan calendar. For 16.4 billion years the flow of Creation and Evolution has been going through an acceleration. We are just now beginning to be able to percieve the shifts in speed and scope of Consciousness within one life-time. Remember when a single second was a short period of time? Now a Billion things happen in a single second. This acceleration will contiune, bringing ever more rapid and dynamic changes to our lives. Understanding "why?" is the tonic we all need. Find yours in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Enlightening Look At Time Itself, March 1 2007
C. Bye (Canada) - See all my reviews
I wished that I'd had a better understanding of the terms of the Mayan calendar before picking up this book, but I still couldn't put it down! By the end of the book I was finally beginning to understand the basic construction of tuns and baktuns. At first I was tempted to put the book down and figure out what the terminolgy was first, but I was just too fascinated. However I would recommend that if you are unfamiliar with the Mayan Calendar, as I was, you read a book on the basics first. Then I cannot recommend this book enough.

If, like so many others today, you feel that time itself is speeding up this book explains exactly why that is. I was very impressed by how it dealt with all religions and philosophies, tying them in together in a non-judgmental and scientific manner.

I've read the criticism here that Calleman's methods lack 'science backing' Of course many ideas are "theories" but so is ALL of science. It's basic grade school teaching that science is founded on theory. Only a pompous scientist with a closed mind ever confuses his/her theories with fact.

Read the work and then decide before you let anyone proclaiming that it lacks "science" decide for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! A must-read book!, Oct. 25 2001
When London was only a village, the Mayan civilization inhabited ancient Mexico. Indeed, the cities of Tikal and Teotihuacan each had at least 100,000 citizens. This culture, steeped in spiritualism and science, as well as artistic beauty and advanced engineering techniques, offers much to our understanding of Spirit consciousness.
The subject of Carl Johan Calleman's far-reaching new book, The Mayan Calendar, is the legacy of the Mayans and a means for people to discern true purpose in life through a wider perspective of the world that it fosters. Thus, The Mayan Calendar lends a detailed description of human history...it's science, religions, growth, beliefs...and predictions for our future. Dr. Calleman writes, "We may thus also say that the Mayan calendar will provide guidance for the future and an improved understanding of the course of events as they unfold".
This reviewer found in The Mayan Calendar a well-written and researched discussion of evolution, and our place in the cosmos. Dr. Calleman unites Eastern and Western philosophies...and science and religion, at the same time. The author is uniquely qualified for this task since he holds a Doctorate in Physical Biology, and has been a student of the Mayan calendar for over eight years.
Further, this powerful work can enable us to discover the higher purpose meant for us, and how to fulfill it. Carl Johan Calleman has given us a book of insight and hope. The Mayan Calendar, in this reviewer's opinion, should be read by everyone seeking wholeness...everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Strong Thread of Truth, Feb. 24 2001
Ian Xel Lungold (Sedona, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
Dr Carl J. Calleman has discovered a strong thread of truth which is presented in this new book. What will we weave of it? Here we have a bridge from the logical, rational thinking of our Western minds to the Heart of indigenous wisdom and the portal of our own intuition. This book provides information for any student of Conscious Evolution to prove to themselves that there is a schedule to creation. That schedule is the Mayan calendar. From everything that we can scientifically prove of what happened when, the pattern of timing of major events in our evolution and history matches the timing shifts of the Mayan calendar over the last 16.4 billion years. What is more important is the demonstration of the acceleration of Creation that is producing ever more rapid change in all of our lives. We have only recently begun to be able to percieve the acceleration in one life time. There are much more rapid changes to come....

5.0 out of 5 stars Consciousness RULES!, Sept. 2 2002
Sharon L Jorgenson (Quinlan, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
What has completely entranced me about Carl Johan Calleman's book is that he shows how consciousness is not only primary to matter, but also time itself. I'm sure you've come across the endtime date of December 2012 before, but he's got all the details in-between now and then nailed down and wow what an incredible ride we're in for. The last increase in the vibration of time occurred on January 4, 1999, so that every 360 days we on earth will experience major changes, whereas it had been every 19.7 years approx. Then during the last 260 days (before the closing of the cycles) the changes happen every 20 days!
Creation is accelerating and we are the Creators.

4.0 out of 5 stars Making Sense of the Present... and the Future, Feb. 24 2001
Pat Bush (AZ United States) - See all my reviews
Science and shamanism meet face-to-face in full embrace. I was astounded by the confirmation of traditional teachings with scientific fact. That all of our history and prior evolution can actually be mapped, and was described and predicted by the Maya, is the most reassuring and stimulating knowlege we've yet discovered. Dr. Calleman has proven with precise charts, descriptions and explanations that all events occur in a ever-evolving cycle and that time is not speeding up, creation is! The only conclusion must be that by 2012 we all will be living in a vastly expanded conscousness. Hurrah for this book! Hurrah for the evolution of consciousness!

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of THE MAYAN CALENDAR, by Bernie P. Nelson, Sept. 18 2001
B. Nelson "Book Reviewer" (Del Rio, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
The reviewer is amazed how well Calleman unifies modern scientific models with the Mayan Calendar structure.
This model for unifying all branches of science, as well as science and religion, provides an evolutionary cosmic plan as well as a solution to perplexing questions surrounding the reasons for our existence.
The book is enlightening, providing a true meaning about the Mayan cosmic schedule. Once reading it's difficult to stop before the last page, and what awaits is a wonderful surprise about the completion point on 10/28/2011.

4.0 out of 5 stars Scholarly, provocative examination, July 31 2002
Harold McFarland (Florida) - See all my reviews
In this scholarly work Carl Calleman examines the Mayan calendar in detail and explains how the Mayans combined their knowledge and understanding of not only time, but spirituality, evolutionary cycles, historical cycles and the very fabric of the universe into their system. Calleman weaves historical information with science, religious philosophy of various types, the pyramids, evolution and various other items to show how they are all related to the pattern of the Mayan calendar. Since the Mayan calendar continues through the year 2011 it predicts the pattern of things to come.

Interesting reading, it is filled with very scholarly research but at times it seems quite a stretch to make some of the items match up. Still it provides a thorough and rich understanding of the Mayan philosophy and how the calendar system contained their complete understanding of life, the cosmos, time, nature and God. A recommended read.

1.0 out of 5 stars had high hopes but was let down, April 6 2003
By A Customer
I couldn't wait to get this book in the mail. After reading it I could have waited. I was really disappointed in the material. I found it to be about 5% information and 95% interpretation. This book was written by a Swedish Christian. That means that both Sweden and Christianity were largely the basis for that 95% interpretation. This book, despite the 'official' review, is nothing more than 'the end of the world is coming and so is the second coming of Christ' book. More specifically, 10/28/2011 is the end of everything we know today.
I have one good thing to say about the book. The actual calendar information is really interesting. It's probably not worth your time to read through 200+ pages for though.

Solving The Greatest Mystery of Our Time: The Mayan Calendar
Solving The Greatest Mystery of Our Time: The Mayan Calendar by Carl Johan Calleman (Paperback - Jan. 1 2010)
CDN$ 20.04 CDN$ 16.05