summer boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Format: Paperback|Change

on December 2, 2015
I have never written a review on amazon but wanted to for this book. My wife found it and we ordered it for our cousin that last their baby shortly after birth. Their children liked to read books so we thought this would be perfect for them. Well we read this book and couldn't believe it, there was no way we could give it to them. It paints everything in such a bad light and is way to blunt saying things like "the baby died" and "I think having a baby would have been more fun too". We hoped it would talk about having an angel watching over them but it didn't it just showed everyone sad and the angel not knowing what's going on. Good concept but poor execution.
on July 7, 2004
When I lost my severely premature son earlier this summer, I was frustrated trying to find a book for my four year old that would help him understand what had happened -- and then I found this book. It is gentle and simple and so utterly perfect, whether your baby died in utero or shortly after birth. It takes such a difficult topic and puts it in words (and beautiful illustrations) that children can understand. I hope you never need this book, but if you do, you'll be so glad to have it.
on June 23, 2016
Arrived in great condition. A good book to help explain the passing of a loved one to a school child.
on March 10, 2004
This book is simply written and perfect for the preschool child to understand the death of a baby before birth. The illustrations are magnificant and capture the preciousness of life. I thought this book was beautiful and donated it to the school.
on April 22, 2015
An excellent book to explain to little ones about the loss of a sibling at or before birth.
Bought one for myself which I later gave to a friend when our nurse gave us one as a gift after the death of our daughter at 38w gestation. The wording is straight forward for little ones. It may seem a bit harsh when it says "the baby died" but that is the truth and I simply say , "the baby couldn't stay" or something along those lines when it comes to that page. The book isn't religious , but the baby is depicted as an angel. This is how we explain to our son why other people have their babies and we do not. "We had an angel instead."
I think it is such a great book to have for those little inquiring minds and parents alike to help make sense of a senseless, raw and devastating situation.
on November 21, 2015
This book helped my children cope with the recent loss of their sibling. My daughter often requests to have it read to her. It helps her understand that although our baby is no longer living that our little one is still with us. I agree that the book is sad, it does not have an uplifting ending but it is more realistic that way.
on September 1, 2011
We got this book for our daughter when our son died. Our daughter is 2 & 1/2 and she now seems to understand quite a bit about her brother and what happened to him. We read her this book then she wants to look at her brother's pictures. It likely helps us as much, if not more, than it helps her.
on December 6, 2012
The book was not as comforting as I expected in our time of grieving, although it was still something we may be able to use to help tell our future children about our first. Definitely a tool to help children understand.
on October 26, 2013
This book helps during a difficult loss - the book explains things in simple terms. It is well illustrate and simple.
on June 14, 2015
I was very grateful we had it in stock. :)