5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Introductory books Available
This book is one of the best and up to date on Homeopathy available. Besides the moving story of the cure of the author's son, the book also goes into depth about what homeopathy is in general.
Published on March 8 2004 by Tim Shannon

3.0 out of 5 stars The title says a lot about what's in the book
As a skeptic of most alternative medicines, especially Homeopathy, I was especially intrigued by the great reviews stating (and I paraphrase) things such as "incredible insight into how homeopathy works" and things like that. Well, the author honestly states that how and even why homeopathy seems to work is not currently understood and is undergoing more study...
Published on June 27 2004 by Felix P. Lu

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Introductory books Available, March 8 2004
Tim Shannon "Dr_Shannon" (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Impossible Cure: The Promise of Homeopathy (Paperback)
I am a Homeopathic Physician and treat many patients within the Autistic spectrum as well as many other types of conditions. The results she states are common in a homeopathic practice. What the author outlines in her book is necessary for people to understand about homeopathy: Homeopathy works, however, it can take some time to get deep and self sustainable healing to occur.
Homeopathy doens't work by forcing, manipulating, or suppressing the bodymind. Rather it works by stimulating or catalyzing a healing reaction which is mediated by the patient. This is why it can take some time, because the bodymind needs time to make deep changes. This insures that the changes are thoroughly integrated and will have lasting value.
In addition, time is a relative concept. For example, A realistic expectation for a typical Asperger's child would be 50% improvement in 4 to 6 months, and 70% overall improvement in 10 months to a year.
The book is well written, well researched and well thought out. It is a very important book both for people looking for treatment for the Autistic Spectrum as well as other health complaints. Highly recommended.
If you have further questions about this book or homeopathy, see my website: [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Homeopathy - the deepest-acting medicine we know, Jan. 5 2004
Alan Lekan (Boulder, CO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Impossible Cure: The Promise of Homeopathy (Paperback)
Amy Lansky is part of a new "breed" of health practioners dedicated to helping people realize true, lasting CURE to chronic illness. She is one of many people who, in their previous professions, started to ask the hard questions of conventional medicine as to why we see so few real cures. Then, having received no satisfying answers, these scientifically-trained, business-savy people like Amy launch the search for solutions. Her search led her to the 200-year old system of medicine called homeopathy which brought about what homeopathy likes to call, "the beautiful cure" - one that is slow, but steady and has a definate end point where all is left is health.
In her landmark book (much loved within the homeopathic community), she presents the grand vision that homeopathy has always held: that true cure is possible and is routinely realized. It presents real hope to parents and patients alike who have received little hope that their illness is curable.
But, as Ms. Lansky stresses later, readers must realize these cures take some months and need to be patient and let the medicines do their wonders. But it is possible and to be expected!
There is something in her book for everyone from the scientific skeptic to the mother of three children with serious behavioral disorders. It is written with skill and precision.

5.0 out of 5 stars Homeopathy explained!, Dec 10 2003
Rebecca Brown "rebeccasreads" (Clallam Bay, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Impossible Cure: The Promise of Homeopathy (Paperback)
It might come as a surprise to you that HRH Queen Elizabeth II of the UK has used Homeopathy. That by the time the medical profession as we know it (allopathy) codified itself 100 years ago, Homeopathy had already been a thriving & successful healing system in America & Europe.
Since the 1970s Homeopathy has had a resurgence within the healing profession, primarily because people's understanding that heroic, invasive medicine is not always successful nor healing, that the cure is often as bad as the illness...& certainly very expensive.
IMPOSSIBLE CURE is much more than a memoir of a son's recovery from autism. When nothing in the normal medical world helped regain her son's wellbeing, & everyone was telling her that autism was untreatable, Amy Lansky, a graduate from the University of Rochester with degrees in mathematics & computer science, refused to believe it.
When she found a Homeopathic doctor & saw the miraculous results of her son's response, over a period of a few months, Amy Lansky decided to explore this little known healing system. IMPOSSIBLE CURE is the result of all this skilled student has learnt over the years about the history, the science & the experience of this 200+ year old healing system.
Rebeccasreads highly recommends IMPOSSIBLE CURE for anyone. You don't have to have a Ph.D. It will open a whole new path to health that is different, gentler & less expensive for what ails you -- alcoholism, allergies, Alzheimer's, anxiety, arthritis, asthma, ADD, autism, back pain, bladder infection, blood pressure, bronchitis, Carpal tunnel syndrome, depression, diabetes, drug addiction, ear infection, flu, & much, much more.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best on Explaining Homeopathy, March 24 2004
Erica L. Mcphee (SW Florida - United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Impossible Cure: The Promise of Homeopathy (Paperback)
I stumbled upon Amy Lansky's website while researching treatments for my own son's autistic symptoms. We had seen dramatic improvements in my son after beginning homeopathic treatments with a gifted, classical homeopath and I was researching to learn more. Though I had been researching since we began our journey to cure our son for a little over a year, I had not yet been able to find any concrete information regarding the practice of homeopathy - how it worked, why it worked, etc. - in straightforward, interesting, and applicable terms. Lansky's book, Impossible Cure, fills this void.

Although we had little experience with "alternative" medicine and none with homeopathy, we were willing to try anything to halt the headbanging, stimming, and unsettling behavior my then 18 month old son repeated day after day. We saw almost immediate improvement with the first dose of remedy. In the past year and a half my son has gone from a toddler who did not speak, play, or interact much to a happy, sweet, loving, typical 32 month old who by all means is normal - talks, laughs, plays, and tests out at or above his age on all developmental tests. People meeting him for the first time can not believe he was ever on the spectrum. While we have done many interventions on behalf of our son, it is clear to us through our documentation that homeopathy has had one of the most dramatic impacts.

Lansky's book played a pivotal role in my son's continuing success. Although homeopathy had dramatic results for my son very quickly, I wanted even faster results. I read the book at a time when I was losing patience and ready to give up on the homeopathy and move on to more dramatic treatments. The Impossible Cure helped me understand the history of homeopathy, how a remedy is created, why it works, and reinforced its legitimacy as a proven treatment option. Of the many medical texts, personal accounts, and research I have read in the past year, this book stands out as integral to my son's recovery.
Impossible Cure is not a "treating autism" book but rather a comprehensive yet quick-read guide to understanding the "science" of homeopathy. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for validation and explanation of this miraculous treatment option.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book for a thorough introduction to Homeopathy, Sept. 8 2003
Sherilyn K. Nakken "RN, MA, Hahnemannian Home... (Olympic Peninsula, Washington State) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Impossible Cure: The Promise of Homeopathy (Paperback)
I am a homeopath and have known Amy for many years via email and have known her success story with homeopathy and her son Max
This is an excellent book for those who want to know more about homeopathy - she writes wonderfully and says much of what I like to share with people. Its a very thorough, well written, introduction. I teach online homeopathy intro courses and am now recommending this to my students as well as my patients and those I teach about the dangers of vaccines.
I just wish so many others would know the miracles of homeopathy and especially those with vaccine damaged kids, especially autism.
Thank you Amy for sharing your wonderful story as well as so many others and making homeopathy come alive!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book on homeopathy for the general public, April 16 2003
Christine Wellens "cwellens" (Santa Cruz, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Impossible Cure: The Promise of Homeopathy (Paperback)
This is a practical, accessible book to introduce the average person to homeopathy. It explains how, when and where homeopathy is useful and puts homeopathy in both an historical context and compares and contrasts it to conventional western medicine. With the anecdotes and stories of how people are using homeopathy to address various ailments, it is a riveting read. I read the entire book in two evenings; it was that interesting and exciting. I also read the "Science of Homeopathy" and "The Complete Book of Homeopathy" that were both difficult and tedious to get through. Skip those books and read this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique Insights, June 22 2003
Veronica Falcao "Ronnie Falcao, Midwife" (Mountain View, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Impossible Cure: The Promise of Homeopathy (Paperback)
I'm a midwife who has used homeopathy both personally and professionally for over eight years. There are many books that cover the "how to" of homeopathy, but this is the first book I've read that covers the "how and why". I was particularly struck by the depth of insight that Amy brings to her work - her science and engineering backgrounds combine with her personal experience to provide a uniquely convincing perspective. What an excellent contribution to modern healthcare!

5.0 out of 5 stars refreshing look at homeopathy, May 2 2003
This review is from: Impossible Cure: The Promise of Homeopathy (Paperback)
Amy Lansky's command of the history and practice of homeopathy is self-evident, her writing style brings the story to life, and her information is based on sound scholarship. I also liked this book because it doesn't over-promote, and it presents a strong case why one should seriously consider homeopathy as a viable medical alternative, and not only when conventional methods fail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Discover the Magic of Homeopathy, May 4 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Impossible Cure: The Promise of Homeopathy (Paperback)
Amy Lansky, is a brilliant communicator-teacher. Her book about homeopathy is intertwined with the story of recovery of her son from autism. If you care about your loved-ones, if you care about yourself, your health, the quality of life, you must read this book. It will change your life forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Beginners, Jan. 3 2004
M. Bolling "LV Chef Mel" (Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Impossible Cure: The Promise of Homeopathy (Paperback)
I loved how easy this book was to read. It covers everything from early history to resources in finding a homeopath and what to expect at the first visit. I have wanted to know more about homeopathy for a long time and this really pointed me in the right direction. Great resource.

Impossible Cure: The Promise of Homeopathy
Impossible Cure: The Promise of Homeopathy by Amy L. Lansky (Paperback - April 2 2003)
CDN$ 20.34 CDN$ 18.95