4.0 out of 5 stars Straightforward, insightful and not misogynist
Published on March 26 2004 by beleagured in virginia

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice Try
This was a nice try but a little off the mark. It reminded me of those little commercials in the 50s on how to be popular. Remember those?
So as a woman, may I counter the ideas in the book and try to help some of you poor slobs out by giving you the REAL tips to getting "laid"?
1) DON'T call it "getting laid". And if you bought this book, hide it.
2) Take...
Published on Oct. 30 2004 by Erotica Reader

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Straightforward, insightful and not misogynist, March 26 2004
This review is from: The System (Paperback)
I picked up this book out of curiosity, expecting to be disgusted, and I wasn't. It is a book aimed at men who are looking to get laid quickly, but I don't find it disrespectful. The author does not depict women as stupid, unworthy or the "enemy." He is not advising men on how to trick women into [getting physical] with them, and doesn't suggest promising something that won't be delivered.
Rather, he outlines a very specific strategy for finding willing (...) partners that I think would probably be effective. Basically, he advises men who want [to get physical] how to figure out which women are attracted to them, how to approach them, and how to determine if those who welcome the initial approach are interested in them [physically], either immediately or at a later date. He explains (and I think quite accurately) how women view their more superficial interactions with men and how to ingratiate themselves with a woman who already is interested in them.
This isn't going to be as helpful to a man who wants something more than a playmate, but it will certainly give a man more women to evaluate. And many of his suggestions on interacting with women would serve men well in dealing with girlfriends as well as more casual bed partners.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great book on picking up women., April 13 2004
Chris Sellick (South Australia,Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The System (Paperback)
This book should be added to your collection.There is a lot of advice here that isnt mentioned in other books and offers us guys more information we need to know.Its about time that women had to make an effort too.I learned a lot from this book.
I highly recommend it to all guys.
You can find more of these types of books.Search here under "dating","how to pick up girls" and "how to pick up women" on this site.

5.0 out of 5 stars A girl's opinion of the System, June 25 2004
This review is from: The System (Paperback)
The book was actually on the mark with how to drive women crazy. Yes, we like to have our way but everyone likes a challenge. He was also right about nightclubs and body language. If you don't get it - you won't get it! Overall, I think this guy knows what he's talking about. I think guys that read this book should be able to go out and get girls from it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice Try, Oct. 30 2004
This review is from: The System (Paperback)
1) DON'T call it "getting laid". And if you bought this book, hide it.
2) Take a shower and BRUSH YOUR TEETH (if you really want to turn her on wear cologne...smells are VERY important)
3) Did you ever think about what's in it for her? How are YOU going to make the potential sex worth her while? If you don't know how to turn her on, how in the world are you going to get her off? Start out by reading "She Comes First." You can mention that that is one of your favorite books while seducing her...it might help.
4) Instead of trying to focus on "looking in her eyes" a certain way or silly things like that...try REALLY looking at her. What is sexy about her? We know you guys will sleep with anything, but stop for a minute and ask yourself why you want to sleep with this one? You might become GENUINELY attracted to specific things about her and when a woman feels that kind of attraction, she is more open to having sex.
5) Don't make promises you're not going to keep. Be honest. We really do like that better. The sex isn't better when you trick a woman.
6) for a woman you are dating or seeing several times, get her little things to get her in the mood...like an erotic book. Try Bedtime Stories for Women by Nancy Madore. That's a good one. You could even read it to her.
7) ASK HER to have sex with you.
8) If at first you don't succeed, try and try again. Don't be such babies. It is not the end of the world to be turned down.
Good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Different Approach, July 12 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: The System (Paperback)
Just got finished reading this book. The best points: how to use eye contact; how to use body language and not get rejected; getting into how girls think - like the Girl game; the 1% rule was pretty unique; dialog for guys to talk to girls. Things that would have been nice: more details on pick up spots; the examples were good but more examples would have been nice as well.
The book is pretty precise in its approach. It's really different in that its not about dating, it's about how to take home girls the same day you meet them. I thought the book delivered on its promise. I definitely recommend it to anyone looking to go out and not come back home alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Women are a Headache!!!, May 2 2004
Cuban007 (Miami, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The System (Paperback)
WOMEN are a headache!!! They drive me nuts. I have tried to figure them out for as long as I remember. People like family members, friends and peers give different advice but none seems to be on point; they just tell you a little bit of the truth but they can't put everything together.

Fortunately, during my quest for the truth about women I have encountered "The System". It is absolutely amazing how this book can tell you everything relevant there is to know about the nature of women.

The book has answered all of the inconsistencies on women that I have thought about over the years:
(1) why are the hot women I am attracted to not interested in me; yet the ugly ones that I refuse are all over me.
(2) why do these really hot women go to clubs yet they don't want to hook up with any guy.
(3) how do you easily identify women that are truly interested in you.
(4) how to avoid being used by women.
(5) how to stop wasting time with women.

After reading "The System" I have a complete understanding of what I am to do when dealing with women; this book ended my frustration with them. I have verified and applied the techniques in this book and they have worked many times; I have also experimented following my old routine with women; after applying my old techniques I have seen how they don't work at all and lead to utlimate failure; yet when I applied "The System" it has always given me rewarding results.

One of the most memorable things this book has taught me is how to be prepared for that one moment of truth. It shows you how Michael Jordan doesn't waste his shots but just waits for that opportunity and takes full advantage of it; Jordan takes advantage b/c he knows what he is doing and teaching you what you are supposed to do through understanding how women interact is what this book prepares you for.

Knowledge is power and I feel that this book has provided me with a lot of power in one of the most important aspects of any man's life.
I hope you find "The System" to be as insightful and useful to you as it has been for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Several factors to get laid often, Nov. 18 2005
R. Topsever (Atlanta) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The System (Paperback)
Compare the following two scenarios. In the first one you go out somewhere hoping that you will be lucky enough even to start a chat with a girl. Surely you are concerned for being rejected and hurt from this. This antagonistic mixture of hope and fear will definitely reflect in “mixed” signals which girls intuitively detect. Of course, your chances of not being lucky again are great.
Now imagine a second scenario. You know where to go, what to look for AND do with a girl. Only this knowledge will immediately lead to greater confidence and this is definitely a major turn on for most girls. Then as an experienced player Valentine knows how much hurts to be rejected. That’s why his entire “System” is based on a kind of “screening”. You will not waste your time with girl(s) who score low during this screening. Instead you will know when a girl has a favorable attitude towards you without a need to show off with good looks, money, etc. Yes, it takes some time to find an appropriate girl but this is better than trying with every girl out there and be constantly rejected.
As you see Roy Valentine’s book is a valuable and step-by-step presentation of his experience in seducing girls. Additional book which will further boost your knowledge and success with girls is “Scientifically guaranteed male multiple orgasms and ultimate sex” by Alan Ritz.

5.0 out of 5 stars Roy Valentine... Call me, OK?, Oct. 2 2005
This review is from: The System (Paperback)
I'm a traitor to woman kind for reading and reviewing this book. This book should be buried in a bunker and never reach the hands of any male member of the species again. Those copies already in circulation should be confiscated immediately.
Not because the book is full of lies, or bad advice for men. On the contrary, the impossible has finally happened. One of them has infiltrated our secret systems. I don't know how it happened but I suggest we call an emergency meeting of the executive committee and begin an inquiry. There's a leak somewhere, a double agent perhaps. It's even possible that ladies rooms in nightclubs and restaurants are being bugged!!!
So, if you're a guy that has trouble 'sealing the deal' you'd better move fast to get a copy, we have teams in place ready to begin a seek and destroy campaign. And you'd better believe, now that the truth is out there, it won't be long before we change all the rules and deliver a copy of the new game plan to every female on the planet. Get it while the getting's good boys, tomorrow is a new day.
(...)

3.0 out of 5 stars Being Sold on The System, Feb. 15 2011
This System is about getting babes into bed in one flowing motion. The 'system' works. 'The System' as a book, is one of those self help books that has had to expand 3 pages of interesting knowlege into 208 pages of saleable book. -sexploitation comes to mind- I went through and highlighted the valuable stuff and memorized it in a day. That part of the book is good. The 25 pages of disjointed examples (with notations) were great. The other 175 pages of 'filler' read like one of those direct marketing pitches with lots of promises (hot air) about what you will gain but little or no meat on what you really want to know. I would have enjoyed the filler better if it had all been examples of success or failures.

p.s. I did like the fact that the 'optics' were not flashy. It almost had a 'brown paper wrapper' effect. I could read the book on the bus or in a crowd without drawing attention to myself.

In summary: I would recommend the book but buy a highligher or rip out the good pages to review.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book really helps., Oct. 24 2006
This review is from: The System (Paperback)
If you are looking for a no-nonsence book on the more carnal issues of dating women, then don't let this book pass you by. I was amazed at the info the author readily gives out and can't wait to put it into practice. I recommend this to any guy who's lacking in the sex department, as anything can help. Also, I liked "Get Laid Now!" too, as it helps in this area as well.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The System
The System by Roy Valentine (Paperback - Dec 2003)
Used & New from: CDN$ 3.18