5.0 out of 5 stars Freedom is so sweet...thank you Allen Carr
Thank you Allen Carr for writing this wonderful book. I was given this book last Christmas by my sister, who quit with it (along with her husband and their son) in 2000. Now I feel stupid for having wasted all that time. If I'd known how easy it was going to be I'd have done it a long time ago.
The last year has been the best of my life. I never thought I'd be happy...
Published on Dec 28 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Only easy if you're already committed
My husband and I both read this book with different reactions.

The book claims that you won't need willpower to quit, but what he really means is that willpower alone won't do it: you also need to change your attitude about smoking and adopt the mentality of a non-smoker, i.e. someone who never got hooked and finds smoking appalling.

I was already...
Published on Nov. 14 2009 by Mercedes

5.0 out of 5 stars Freedom is so sweet...thank you Allen Carr, Dec 28 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking (Paperback)
The last year has been the best of my life. I never thought I'd be happy without smokes in my life, but the truth is that that I have never been happier. The day I got butts out of my life was the day I really started living.
If you are a smoker or know a smoker, please get this amazing book.
It is a clear and simple instruction manual. If you want to stop smoking, follow Allen's instructions and you will find it easy and enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quitting made very, very easy, Dec 19 2004
This review is from: Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking (Paperback)
If I had known that it was this easy to quit I would have read this book years ago. I really can't believe that I struggled with patches, gum etc for so many years when this simple, effective cure was available the whole time. Health Canada should distribute this title free of charge to every smoker in Canada.
Every smoker I know who has read this book is now a happy non-smoker. It really is that powerful and that easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, Easy, Easy!, Jan. 5 2007
This review is from: Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking (Paperback)
Thanks to Allen's book, I went from two packs a day for the last 22 years to zero. This manual explains why you smoke, as opposed to why you should'nt (smokers already know the risks.) The book eliminates the desire to smoke without scare tactics. No desire = No CRAVINGS. There is nothing to loose by reading this book. You keep smoking as you normally would. Because Allen believes that the mega-profit making tabacco industry and governments are the problem there is no need to fear smoker bashing in this book. Allen is very kind and sympathetic to the smoker who gets caught in the man made "Trap" of nicotine addiction.

I have to date given 20 copies of this book to friends. 17 out of 20 are happy non-smokers! I'm sure the 3 folks still smoking have not read the book. When they really want to quit they will read this book.

Give yourself a special gift and give this book a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars EVERY SMOKER SHOULD READ THIS BOOK! It's your best chance at quitting!, Nov. 15 2006
This review is from: Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking (Paperback)
Thank you to my sister who referred me to this book. Thank you Allen Carr for I am officially a non-smoker & a happy one at that! No one had ever made it so clear the way Allen has. When I smoked my final cigarette, I didn't realize that I was already a non-smoker. I MADE myself smoke it--I didn't look forward to inhaling the filth deep into my lungs (I actually heaved throughout the process & threw up at the end of it) but I looked forward to never smoking again! If you've tried it all & you have failed, READ THIS BOOK! I have two sisters who I thought would never quit, me being the one who has always wanted to & tried several times to quit. To my surprise, they both quit--and so have I. For the small amount of people that feel this book failed them--they obviously didn't get it & I feel sorry for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars HOLY %$*^& I DID IT TOO!, Sept. 29 2008
Sue (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking (Paperback)
I will be forever greatful to my best friend for recommending this book and to Allen Carr for writing it. Simply put- I read it and I quit. I have tried countless of times to quit smoking. I have been on zyban twice and Champix once. I had just started another round of Zyban when I started reading this book. By the end of the book I quit smoking and quit the Zyban too. The next week I went out drinking with friends and didn't smoke! I even stood outside while they smoked and I didn't smoke. It really is truly amazing. If you smoke and want to quit- READ THIS BOOK. If I can do it, you can do it! Don't be afraid! You must keep smoking through the whole book. You can't quit first and you can't cut down. Just buy it, read it and discover the freedom! Woohoooo!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars It works but it's not Jesus in a book, Jan. 11 2015
This review is from: Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking (Paperback)
7 months clean of smoking cigarettes, I was just thinking back on those days today where I would go to my car and spark one up, wake up spark one up, finish a meal spark one up. Now that I quit it all seems so far away like a different lifetime ago, but really it was only 7 months ago. Anyways I remembered this book help me quit so I wanted to return the favor by writing a nice review (I never write reviews).

This book is like a crutch to support you if you WANT to quit. It is not Jesus in a book though. I bought this book 3 years ago, and I have been trying to quit since than. I read the book halfway through 3 years ago, than I stopped, it's been collecting dust since than. I thought I would read this book with no effort on my part and quit, (it technically is like that if you meditate on what Mr Carr is telling us). But back than, I wasn't ready or I didn't really want to quit yet, so I stopped halfway. Last year I was having the thoughts to quit again, and 8 months ago I fractured my foot. When that happened, I knew that was life saying "okay bud, you had enough fun and slacked around long enough. Time to put work into making yourself better." I rolled up my sleeves I picked up this book, and I made sure I absorbed every word and every page like a sponge. I went slow but I contemplated on every page. This book undid much of the conditioning and brainwashing that had been implanted into me that smoking is one of the hardest things to quit or that I "need" it when I was bored. Quitting smoking is just like quitting anything else. The first week and month is hard, you get cravings and when you see people smoke around you or even smell it, it reminds you of the days you used to smoke. But as long as you remind yourself the the high tides don't last all day when the cravings come you should be good.

If you are ready to quit, but just don't know how. Pick up this book, your children/parents will thank you.
"Suffer now and live as a champion for the rest of your life" Muhammad Ali
Best of luck.

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 YEARS AND COUNTING.., March 2 2013
This review is from: Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking (Paperback)
My daughter gave me the book as she had seen it on the Ellen DeGeneres Show as this book was how Ellen quit.
I had already tried hypnosis, the patch, acupuncture, gum and cold turkey..nothing worked because it was a love hate relationship with my cigarettes. It was the first thing I did in the morning and last thing before bed. I smoked about 3/4 a pack per day. I also hated the control they had over me..I couldn't go anywhere, or do anything without them.
I started the book and brought it with me to finish at an all inclusive resort. I really didn't believe the book was going to work for me but I thought I would read it to let my daughter know I had tried. As Allen advised, I kept smoking throughout reading the book. As I was approaching the last few chapters and lighting up they were not tasting the same. I finished the book and gave my full carton of cigarettes to the hotel staff. I did get an urge, maybe more of a thought, the second night while having drinks but I didn't take that cigarette and haven't had one in six years now. I don't get cravings and I have never felt so free..I tell everyone about this book. It changed my life for the better.
Thank you Allen!

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, Jan. 2 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking (Paperback)
The book's a bit silly, and some of the arguments are dodgy, but that doesn't seem to matter. It works, and it's surprisingly easy (it takes a _little_ will power, but not much). I know a couple of people who've read it--one quit, the other didn't. But it's not much of an investment, so you might as well try it. One bit of advice. Some people are more than ready to quit before they've finished the book, and have no doubt they'll succeed. But if, like me, you finish the book and still feel a little worried, don't be discouraged, it still seems to work even if you're not _completely_ confident of success.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best way to quit smoking!, Oct. 14 2010
A Personal Reflection on Carr's Easy Method:

When I first heard about Allan Carr's book, I was skeptical. A few people mentioned it to me and I sloughed it off, but eventually decided to go out and buy it. After having smoked for 20 years, and quitting several times, I can confidently say this is the best book out there on quitting. I've quit for 5 years, and now look at smokers with compassion. I now see smokers as people who are strong willed (though you don't even need willpower to quit!), and holding on to their belief that smoking is enjoyable. The other day, I was driving and a person ahead of me had their arm out the window, holding a lit cigarette. This is very familiar, I did this all the time. I started thinking, "If smoking's so enjoyable, why wouldn't smokers keep the cigarette inside with the windows rolled up tight?" This would be most enjoyable, right?

Allan Carr encourages readers to not quit smoking before finishing the book. He gets at the heart of addiction without scare tactics. As he mentions in the book, everyone knows what smoking does to the body. This isn't the way to quit, through scare tactics. Instead, one can quit through simple self observation.

A year or so after reading Carr's book, I found out the author had passed away from lung cancer. Fortunately, he had quit his 33 year old habit of 100 cigarettes a day (for quite some time), and was able to write this book (as well as others on the subject of addiction), inspiring millions of people to quit for good.

Thank you Allan Carr for giving me this gift, the gift to live a smoke free & breathing easy life.

5.0 out of 5 stars It really was Easy!!, May 8 2013
This review is from: Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking (Paperback)
I read this book once a year ago and quit smoking for a month and stupidly fell back into the smoking trap after giving this book away. Recently I read this book to my boyfriend and we both quit smoking! It was as easy as it said it would be and we have been Happy Non-Smokers for 10 weeks now!!! I never want to ever look back! Trust me, if you have ever looked at your smoke and thought "Why am I doing this?" Read this book and not only will you finally understand, but you will be able to put it down and feel confident that you will never pick it up again!

I loved this book so much, I have even purchased it for several of my family and friends, and I recommend it to every smoker I know!

Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking by Allen Carr (Paperback - Aug. 1 2004)
Used & New from: CDN$ 2.96