5.0 out of 5 stars Can you say....Totally An Awesome Book!!!
Published on Jan. 3 2004 by Tara

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe............
Published on March 13 2004 by Mai_Ling

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe............, March 13 2004
Mai_Ling (anywhere, ny) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Drama Queen (Paperback)
I thought this book was okay and it was an easy read but it was not that great. I have to admit before reading this book I just finished reading an Eric jerome Dickey book so it may have tainted by view about this book. Some authors can have so much drama in there books that calling it drama queen would not be enough, unfortunatly for me this was not the case. I personally would have like to know more about the secondary characters then the main character in this book. I've read worst so I don't feel completly like I got played, for me it was just an alright book. One pet peeve: who names there daughter one name and in the next breathe says but her nickname is going to be DAY? I just found that weird, most people get nicknames because there a shorter version of there own name or because they look like a pookie or a junebug but to have a child and immediatly say her name is such and such but you all call her Day bothered me. I know it shouldn't but it did......

5.0 out of 5 stars Can you say....Totally An Awesome Book!!!, Jan. 3 2004
Tara (Dallas, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Drama Queen (Paperback)
Drama Queen is one of the best books I have ever read in my life. Lajill Hunt had me rolling on the floor as I read this book. Personally I feel that trashing the book because of the profanity in the beginning is stupid - if cursing is the only problem you had with the book or all you had to complain about, then it's obvious that you haven't read this book or a Carl Weber one, because he does use profanity, or even some other AWESOME books I've read lately. This book had all the makings of a great story - friendship, love, sisterhood, sex and most of all DRAMA!!! If you want a great read and don't mind a little cursing here and there (yes, even in the beginning!), then check out Drama Queen. Her writing is just as good as the best of them. Take it from a Drama Queen in my own right, LOL!!!
P.S. What the are yout talking about w/the reviews - outside of yours and one other one - all the other reviews are giving Ms. Hunt 5 stars and raving about the book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Now this is what I call DRAMA!!!!, May 7 2004
Boop "caramelchocolate" (Aiken, South Carolina United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Drama Queen (Paperback)
This book was off the hook. I could not believe the things that were happening to Kayla, from her family to her men, they all did her wrong one point in time.
Everytime you think a situation has been resolved Mrs. Hunt will hit you with another dilemna. I can not wait until part two is released. I finished it while I was drying my hair and I had the nerve to be mad because the book ended. I wanted to hop on my computer and write my review right then and there.
I will say this though, the cover of this book did not do it justice. I know you should not judge a book by its cover, but when you look at the cover it will make you think of it being some type of drama in the street story, but its not like that at all. When you read the story you will see that ordinary working-class women go through the s--- too!!!!
Sisters and brothers read this book, you might see yourself on one side or the other!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars OFF THE HOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, March 2 2004
This review is from: Drama Queen (Paperback)
Drama Queen is off the hook.Those who haven't read it...Go get it!You will not be disappointed.Judging the book by its cover I knew it was gonna be good,not saying that all books are good when judging the cover but there was something about the cover of this book that got my attention.(the 2 men and 1 female)You know when looking at it,it's gotta be filled with drama.This book grabbed my attention from beginning to end.I like how Kayla had her family and friends there for her.It was sad how her sister treated her though.Craig was so full of himself.I thought Terrell and Kayla was gonna hook up but they were better off as friends and he did look out for her.This book is a quick read and if you haven't read it go get it!Ms.Hunt if you are reading this I like your writing style and I hope there is a sequel to Drama Queen.Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Drama At It's Best, Dec 28 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Drama Queen (Paperback)
I have to say that I am with the majority on this book, you will not want to put it down. For those few who didn't like it, you're entitled to your opinion but in MY opinion La Jill Hunt accomplished what many great authors before her have managed to do which is make you identify with the characters and leave you wanting more. When you read this book it'll make you want friends like Roni, Tia, Yvonne, and Terrell. If you already have these types of friends this book makes you appreciate them even more. The main character, Kayla, is not only beautiful but intelligent with a good support system of friends and family. Kayla has flaws like we all do so at times she makes decisions that aren't always right but you will never stop rooting for her. I loved this book and can't wait for the sequel and any other books from Ms. Hunt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!!, March 15 2004
"ladytee17" (New Orleans, LA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Drama Queen (Paperback)
I thought this book was a great read. The author used characters and situations that anyone could have found themselves in. It wasn't a hard core novel that tried to be all deep like a lot of books are these days. And I don't inderstand how some people actually felt that there was no drama. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Like another reviewer said, maybe they should consider writing something on their own and enlighten us on whatever 'DRAMA' is! It was a light hearted, fun read that held my attention throughout. I give Ms. Hunt five stars because for a first effort, I believe she did an outstanding job. I look forward to the sequel!!! In regards to the name pet peeve, I knew my children's names since I was in the fourth grade, nicknames and all!!! Awesome job, Lajill. Keep up the great work.

5.0 out of 5 stars DDDAAAYYYYUUUUMMMM!!!, Nov. 24 2003
Kelly (Charlotte, North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Drama Queen (Paperback)
Can we say GREAT book? I don't know what book the "where's the drama?" person read, but obviously either they didn't read the same Drama Queen I did or they are so full of it that they couldn't even relate? If you can come up with some drama better than that, then you need to be writing some drama of your own so you can get paid and we can read it ourselves. But one thing I can say about this book is that it caught me from the prologue and held me until the very last sentence. I loved it!!! Maybe my life isn't as Dramatic as the other reviewer and that's why I enjoyed it so much. I would recommend this book to any one looking for a drama-filled (to me) and fast read. Good job LaJill and keep doing what you do. To me, the drama was there girl, and I look forward to more of it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Drama, Drama, Drama That I Could Not Handle..., July 15 2004
This review is from: Drama Queen (Paperback)
This book was very good from start to finish. Kayla was the Drama Queen. She was a good, intelligent and made some sound decisions. That sister of hers was just a straight devil. I don't think I would have been so half way as easy as Kayla was if I had caught my sister in bed with my soon to be husband. The fact that the sister was jealous of Kayla was so hear breaking. Mom and Dad should have been a little more strict when it came to Angelica. Kayla also made the right decision when she quit her job at the school. You cannot teach a class when there is one very disruptive student that you are not able to teach the rest of the class.
This book is very good for book club choice. You can have some serious dicussions about the novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Drama Times Three!!!, Nov. 17 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Drama Queen (Paperback)
This book was by far the best I have read in a while. I had been loking forward to La Jill's book since I read A Dollar and a Dream. She did not disappoint. The story grabbed my attention from the jump and I could not put the book down. I found so much of my own life in Kayla's that it was unreal. I loved Terrell too and I wish there were a lot more brother's around like him. He was definitely my favorite character although I liked them all. This book was well written and had many positive elements regarding friendship and sisterhood. Drama Queen is definitely one of my favorite books and I look forward to La Jill Hunt's future endeavors. She undoubtedly has a fan in me!!! Great job and great read!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Drama and more drama!!, Nov. 6 2003
This review is from: Drama Queen (Paperback)
Drama Queen was off the chain! The book grabbed me right from the start and I couldn't put it down! I cheered, oohed, ahhhs, and went dayum! Especially at the end! La Jill's writing is definitely top-notch. Her style is smooth, and characters are real. Believe me, I know some of these people!! I readher story in A Dollar And A Dream and couldn't wait to read this one. Now that I have I am hooked! I will be reading Everything that La Jill puts out! Congrats to a new, exciting, destined to be a best-selling author. Read this book people. You will NOT be disappointed!!

Drama Queen
Drama Queen by La Hunt (Paperback - Dec 1 2003)
CDN$ 20.95 CDN$ 16.76