Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Format: PaperbackChange

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
on March 3, 2004
This book is the first tutorial that actually GOT me there. I was able to set up my G3 266 running OS X (that's right kids, 10.2.8) and get Apache set up right, MySQL installed, tested and working securely and PHP connected up. When I got my first test page working and pulled my first record up, I came to the realization that the instructions in the book worked. Exactly right. First time. Well-written, well-formatted and CLEAR. The Mac section had everything I needed. When I began doing the exercises, I began to dread typing in all the code - then I finally keyed on the CODE ARCHIVE!!!! No CDs to screw around with - just go to the site, punch in some numbers and BINGO, complete set of files, ready to use. Gotta love that. I'm confident now, having finally gotten over the 'hump' of setting up my system and UNDERSTANDING what I was doing, that I'll be able to build database-driven sites with good insight.
I strongly recommend this title.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2004
If Marja (from Amsterdam) knew any thing about PHP or programming for that matter he or she would know that it is not nessecary to declare variables before calling them in PHP! Kevin's book is auwsome; I learned so much from it, infact I couldn't have built my last ten sites with out it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse