5.0 out of 5 stars Great book about How to be Happy! (For grown ups too)
Published on Oct. 4 2010 by Nicole A.

1.0 out of 5 stars Have You Filled a Bucket Today?
Love the idea - don't like the format of the book. I thought it was story outlining how little ones could fill someone's bucket or their own. Instead it just explained the idea. Very expensive way to do that - I could have done it better myself.
Published on Jan. 17 2012 by Unity Student

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book about How to be Happy! (For grown ups too), Oct. 4 2010
This review is from: Have You Filled a Bucket Today? A Guide to Daily Happiness for Kids (Paperback)
I absolutely love this book. I am always trying to teach my kids how to be kind to others, how to love, how to respect ... this book is just great! It explains in a simple way how we can be good to one another, and offers a powerful visualization in the form of a bucket. My daughter will sometimes say, out of the blue "I love you", and then tell me she's filling my bucket.

I would recommend to anyone, child or adult, to buy this book. I will probably keep reading this book to my kids ... into their teens if they'll let me!

Buy it - you won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun fun fun, Sept. 16 2010
What a great project to do with a group. I work with Special needs Adults. This project is implemented with the group. It is such a basic book. Great for team building with adults as well as with young children. The Special needs group will benefit.

Diane T

4.0 out of 5 stars a fun way to explain how to give back, Dec 10 2009
Tiffiny Poirier "Mom Empowered" (Saskatchewan, Canada) - See all my reviews
This was a very cute book that did a great job of how it is the little things that you do for people that makes them happy...and you too in the process!

5.0 out of 5 stars Help Others, Aug. 5 2011
Loved this book. Encourages children to help others have good feelings. Colourful, good reading. Pictures are of people of different cultures and a child in a wheelchair.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1000 Acts of Kindness, Oct. 23 2011
Loved this book! I am a Montessori teacher and the school I work in is currently participating in the "1000 Acts of Kindness Project" . I used this book to introduce the concept of "filling buckets of love and kindness - one drop at a time" The children have loved this concept and have truly become bucket fillers! [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way for kids to understand about giving and receiving happiness, March 26 2011
I love this book! My kids want me to read it to them every night. I see the kids saying nice things to each other and then asking if their bucket is full. It's a really sweet book. Great teaching tool!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bucket Fillers!!, Dec 16 2011
This product is being used as a motivator to encourage students to be kind and respectful to each other and also the staff. Students and staff fill out ballets when they notice someone being helpful, kind or respectful and place it in the buckets. At the end of the week, we make a draw and the person's name is placed on a bulletin board in the hallway for other students to recognise and acknowledge this person to congratulate them. Wonderful!!!

'

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book to teach compassion, Sept. 26 2012
Stephanie Johnson (B.C., Canada) - See all my reviews
I got this for my 4 year old. I really didnt think he would understand the concept of filling a bucket or being a "bucket dipper" But he got it right away. If I upset him he says "mom, you took from my bucket" and we are able to talk about it. One night he called me beautiful and asked if that filled my bucket. This book is great for teaching about compassion and bullying. As adults, we can learn a bit from this book as well ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Important story, Dec 29 2012
Amanda (Ile Perrot, QC) - See all my reviews
The illustrations are very average, but the story sends such a great message, and one that sticks with kids. This should be read every year to kids throughout elementary school. Maybe we would have less bullying. My kids love it and have each brought it to school to share once. Plus, we use the terminology of "bucket dipper" and "bucket filler" in our everyday lives.

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely brilliant and very needed, March 3 2015
This book is outstanding. I work with children on something I call Kindness Training. A lot of parents don't understand how much children can absorb, especially when it comes to basic life skills such as cleaning up, respect and being nice. This book explains very well how kindness works with easy to understand language. It's a book that should be in every household and school.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›