5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best!
Excellent vegan cookbook! One of the best vegan cookbook authors around! Full of great recipes that will please the pallet with choices day after day. Highly recommended for anyone that loves cuisines of the world.
Published 20 days ago by R. Patterson

2.0 out of 5 stars Uninspiring
Published 8 months ago by Melissa

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best!, Nov. 8 2014
R. Patterson "Irish Poet" (DC Area USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vegan Fire & Spice: 200 Sultry and Savory Global Recipes (Paperback)

2.0 out of 5 stars Uninspiring, March 30 2014
I was pretty disappointed in this book; I have many vegan cookbooks and I enjoy spicy foods and I found this book uninspiring. I like to have a connection with the author of some kind- a little info about when why or where they first tasted each dish, a picture, story or some kind of indication that they love the recipes. I ordered several books in the same order that I dog eared and made big plans for. Not this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the top books in my collection, July 23 2012
PT Cruiser - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This book has become on of my favorites in my collection of about 30 vegan cookbooks. (My husband can't believe there are that many vegan cookbooks in print!) We love spicy food around here and let's face it, many vegan recipes could use a little more spice. There are several things I like about this cookbook. One is that it's divided up into sections: American, Mediterranean & Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia and India, so wherever you're taste buds are taking you that day, there's a section that will probably suit your fancy. A few of my favorites so far are: Moroccan Chickpea Soup, Chipotle Corn, Brazilian Chili Lemon Sauce and Three-Alarm Lo-Mein.

The recipes I've tried so far (a lot!) have all been good and are pretty easy to make. You can also vary the heat by ramping up or cutting down on the spice amounts. The author is somewhat conservation by my tastes on the amount of spiciness overall. Most are even better after a day or two in the frig so I usually double or triple the recipes. So far my family has liked everything I've made from this book and I've even served a couple of the dishes to guests who were mainly meat and potatoes people and have gotten rave reviews.

If you want to add a little spice to your life and want something a little different than your average vegan cookbook, I highly recommend this one. Two thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes!, Jan. 2 2012
I love this cookbook. I don't really even like food that is too spicy, but it's always optional how much spice you put in, so it's great even for people who don't like spicy food. I especially liked the thai and pan-asian sections. I use about 5 recipes from this book over and over again. I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for something new and different to cook.

Vegan Fire & Spice: 200 Sultry and Savory Global Recipes
Vegan Fire & Spice: 200 Sultry and Savory Global Recipes by Robin Robertson (Paperback - Jan. 1 2008)
CDN$ 22.95 CDN$ 18.36