summer boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle sports Tools

on May 14, 2016
Up to the usual Wizard Publishing standard. Excellent resource. We sued this book to help us find a place to stay, eat and visit. At one location a local person asked how we knew of the place, I mentioned this book and she said that it was the best she knew of.
on January 31, 2016
Definitive Hawaii guide book. I have one for every island and also recommend their website and iPhone app.
on August 24, 2015
Very useful for our family trip to Hawaii. Would recommend it to any traveller to Oahu.
on March 4, 2015
Best Hawaii Guide Books out there.
on February 1, 2012
I loved this book! By far, it is the most comprehensive book about Oahu on the market. This company publishes books for the other Hawaiian Islands and that's what I like most about it. The fact that it is specific to the area that I am visiting makes it easier to read and understand. In a book that encompasses all of Hawaii, the amount of space dedicated to each Island and activity for that Island is very limited. This book is all about Oahu - with a lot of detail on everything worth seeing. The author is a resident of Oahu and speaks from that perspective. He gives actual prices at restaurants, not ranges of prices. He writes in a manner that makes the reader feel that they are there experiencing it. He writes in a conversational way as opposed to a technical or tedious way. This method makes it easy for the average reader to relate to the author and gain more understanding and perspective of the places they will be visiting. He writes about a lot of the history of Oahu, which many people would find dull, but the WAY this author writes makes it a fascinating read! I learned a lot about Oahu and though I haven't been there yet, I feel I know it very well. I couldn't put it down!

Bottom line: If you are considering a trip to Oahu - GET THIS BOOK!! IT IS AN ABSOLUTE NECESSITY!
on January 2, 2012
This book was very helpful, filled with tons of information for ANYTHING you may want to do on Oahu. Found the restaurant reviews to be accurate.
on December 22, 2011
This is one of the most user friendly Travel Books. It gets you to the places you want/need to get to.
Warrsher
on December 13, 2011
One of the best I read in last few years. Author wright to you as to smart reader not as to stupid tourist who can be manipulated. The book is to the point without gimmicks and cheap promotions . Very practical laded with information you need and gives you a choice how you want to spend your vacations.
I had a feeling like my best friend went for vacations and told me how its not like salesperson wants you to sales something in a nice package.
Nice pictures good maps very easy to read inspire you to do things.

Andrew Doughty thank you for a treat wonderful job.
on August 23, 2011
This book is well laid out and quite thorough, an extremely helpful book for the new (and old) traveller to Hawaii. I would recommend this book to anyone travel to Hawaii.
on July 25, 2011
We went to Oahu with an older copy of this guide and found it a bit out of date.
This one has it all, though and is a very handy reference.