‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Best reference I know of, Jan. 20 2012
This review is from: Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook (Paperback)
Years ago I picked up the ultimate guide to Kauai and have since bought more recent editions. My first trip to Maui is coming up and I was pleased to see that the author has written an equivalent guide to Maui (and other main Hawaiian islands). For the general / active tourist, it's a great book. TONS of information and ratings that are not subject to influence or advertisement. These are the best Hawaii guidebooks that I've found (through years of searching) and I wouldn't dream of visiting the islands without first going over the appropriate book in thie series. This one is a recent edition. I expect it to be extremely useful when I visit Maui next month. Only reason I give 4 rather an 5 stars is that I'm a bit of an ecotourist and want to know even more about the natural history of the island (including sites to find endemic birds)than this book provides - of course, the author targets a broad audience rather than a niche market, so there's no REAL shortcoming.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book on Maui, Oct. 8 2011
Ellen Brabant (Ajax, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook (Paperback)
We have been going to Maui for the last 15 years, and amazingly we have missed a lot of beautiful parks and beaches. This book if fantastic and if you are planning to go to Maui you should definitely buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, June 5 2012
This review is from: Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook (Paperback)
This book is a must have for anyone thinking of travelling to Maui. Very informative and a much better read than any other travel book I have tried.

5.0 out of 5 stars must have., April 28 2012
This review is from: Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook (Paperback)
If you're going to hawaii, get the "Revealed" guide for the island you're going to. Maui especially can be an expensive place full of tourist-traps - why pay $40 for a small fillet of locally caught fish when you can eat where the locals eat for $8. You will have a better experience and save a lot of money by following the recommendations in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't leave home without it, Dec 14 2013
This review is from: Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook (Paperback)
A very informative and handy book to have if you have never been to Maui. There are several places we would not have been able to find without the directions in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource!, April 9 2013
Linda Pawloff (Kamloops, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
This was a great resource for finding out-of-the way things to see, We also used it to find good places to eat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maui revealed, April 2 2013
This review is from: Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook (Paperback)
We are just back from Maui, and this book was great help, particularly as it listed activities like snorkelling and beaches and systematically reviewed most of the companies/the beaches. We referred to it a lot. It helped us experience the road to Hana in a completely different and pleasurable way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!!, March 24 2013
This review is from: Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook (Paperback)
I highly recommend this book! The book is very well written, great source of information! Easy to read .... not the usual boring travel book. The author has a great sense of humor too!

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!!!!, March 17 2013
This review is from: Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook (Paperback)
would definitely recommend this book to anyone!!! So So SO helpful!!!!!! For everything! but the best descriptions were the Road to Hana.

THANKS!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Maui Book You can Buy, March 9 2013
This review is from: Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook (Paperback)
I've been to Maui twice, and bought this book for the second time around. I wish I had it for the first as well. This book sets a standard for a great travel guide. It's easy to read, well organized, and we found the ratings to be true - the good and the bad. I recommend this book to anyone travelling to Maui. It's a great quick reference that I carried with me everywhere. It was even recommended by the locals - stores, servers, and taxi drivers - so that's definitely saying something. If a visitor is unable to get the book before the trip, it's available at any ABC (like the general/convenience stores in Maui).

Must buy and recommended to any Maui visitors.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb813ef24)

Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook
Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook by Andrew Doughty (Paperback - June 15 2010)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.97