4.0 out of 5 stars Best reference I know of
Published on Jan. 20 2012 by Mark E Phinney

3.0 out of 5 stars might as well...
Decent book. Easy to follow. Directions to local spot are tricky to follow.
Published 7 months ago by thejakestar

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Best reference I know of, Jan. 20 2012
This review is from: Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook (Paperback)
Years ago I picked up the ultimate guide to Kauai and have since bought more recent editions. My first trip to Maui is coming up and I was pleased to see that the author has written an equivalent guide to Maui (and other main Hawaiian islands). For the general / active tourist, it's a great book. TONS of information and ratings that are not subject to influence or advertisement. These are the best Hawaii guidebooks that I've found (through years of searching) and I wouldn't dream of visiting the islands without first going over the appropriate book in thie series. This one is a recent edition. I expect it to be extremely useful when I visit Maui next month. Only reason I give 4 rather an 5 stars is that I'm a bit of an ecotourist and want to know even more about the natural history of the island (including sites to find endemic birds)than this book provides - of course, the author targets a broad audience rather than a niche market, so there's no REAL shortcoming.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book on Maui, Oct. 8 2011
Ellen Brabant (Ajax, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook (Paperback)
We have been going to Maui for the last 15 years, and amazingly we have missed a lot of beautiful parks and beaches. This book if fantastic and if you are planning to go to Maui you should definitely buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly the ultimate guidebook!, March 29 2011
This review is from: Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook (Paperback)
If you are even considering going to Maui or have booked a vacation or you are returning and have not read this book- please do!
This is truly the ultimate guide book! The author is right on with all of his reviews of where to stay, activities, Lu'au's and restaurants. We never went anywhere without this book(our first trip to Maui)and where ever we took it, all the locals would say that "this is the best book and we even use it to find out about other parts of the our island"! One waitress at our hotel, said she has two copies one for her and one for anyone that visits. Almost everywhere we looked the airport , beaches, and restaurants everyone seemed to have this book.

I have only one complaint and that is that the Author needs to review Roy's Restaurant again. They now ask in advance of the entree if you would like the chocolate lava cake for dessert. Just to advise that it could take 20mins. to deliver to the table and it was OUTSTANDING!!!Roy's in general was fantastic and we took our kids(8 & 11 years) and our friends who also took their kids (9 & 5 years) and we were all impressed with the menu for the children! Not your typical chicken strips and burgers- like everywhere else but, glazed orange chicken with Hawiian rice and short ribs with mashed potatoes and gravy. They were also treated to complimentary fresh veggies and dip during our appitizer course. Don't get me wrong this was a real adult restaurant with adult pricing and quality food but, the kids were treated and behaved as adults so the evening was a pleasure!

Maui Revealed is worth every penny and we will return to Maui, book in hand, to discover more of this amazing Paridise!

5.0 out of 5 stars must have., April 28 2012
This review is from: Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook (Paperback)
If you're going to hawaii, get the "Revealed" guide for the island you're going to. Maui especially can be an expensive place full of tourist-traps - why pay $40 for a small fillet of locally caught fish when you can eat where the locals eat for $8. You will have a better experience and save a lot of money by following the recommendations in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Maui Book You can Buy, March 9 2013
This review is from: Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook (Paperback)
I've been to Maui twice, and bought this book for the second time around. I wish I had it for the first as well. This book sets a standard for a great travel guide. It's easy to read, well organized, and we found the ratings to be true - the good and the bad. I recommend this book to anyone travelling to Maui. It's a great quick reference that I carried with me everywhere. It was even recommended by the locals - stores, servers, and taxi drivers - so that's definitely saying something. If a visitor is unable to get the book before the trip, it's available at any ABC (like the general/convenience stores in Maui).

Must buy and recommended to any Maui visitors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook, Aug. 23 2011
This review is from: Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook (Paperback)
This book is well laid out and quite thorough, an extremely helpful book for the new (and old) traveller to Hawaii. I would recommend this book to anyone travel to Hawaii.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have travel guide, July 1 2011
Samantha Hooper "cybersammi" (Comox BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook (Paperback)
This book was delivered quickly and is a fantastic book. Every detail you could ever imagine you might need to know about Maui. I am using it to plan my entire trip!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, June 5 2012
This review is from: Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook (Paperback)
This book is a must have for anyone thinking of travelling to Maui. Very informative and a much better read than any other travel book I have tried.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maui Revealed, Feb. 10 2012
This review is from: Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook (Paperback)
We visited Maui for the first time 4 years ago and our friends had a copy of Maui Revealed. Even though our friends had been there twice before, the book showed us (and them) several areas they had not been to before. This book covers everything you want or need to know about Maui. Don't go there without it!

We are returning to Maui in March and have purchased our own book (a newer revision than our friends had). Can't wait to get back to Maui!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mauii Revealed is revealing, July 7 2012
This review is from: Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook (Paperback)
This book is a must for anyone spending time on Maui. It is an unbiased review of places to see, stay and eat as well as things to do. It made our visit much more ineresting as we saw many things we would not have found if not for this book. I would reccommend it highly.

We had books by the same author placed in our condos when we visited the islands of Hawaii, Kauii and Maui and found them all valuable.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook
Maui Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook by Andrew Doughty (Paperback - June 15 2010)
Used & New from: CDN$ 3.50