march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Family

on January 31, 2016
Definitive Hawaii guide book. I have one for every island and also recommend their website and iPhone app.
on July 12, 2015
Good purchase
on January 29, 2015
Really informative book anyone that is going to the Big Island for the first time a great book to have with you .
on December 23, 2014
Awesome book - like the rest of their books on the Hawaiian Islands.
Very informative and well researched - saw so many areas that were not touristy and learnt a lot of the culture.
on November 22, 2014
A very good book to travel with and use for local beachs. On my first visit this book was helpfull
on February 14, 2014
I purchased the book to get an idea of good Dive shops. The dive company I went with, Kona Diving Company was excellent but they weren't even mentioned. They've been around since 2010 and have a high rating with trip advisor.
on January 27, 2014
Loved the book, came in handy on our trip. Good photos and descriptions of places. We also purchased on the app version to have handy on our iPhone. We used that a lot too.
on January 5, 2014
I liked this and other of the Hawaiian "Revealed" series because it seems to give you information about things that most the locals only know about and are not usually found in most of the other guide books. My main complaint is that I was not crazy about the Kindle version of the book (hard to use the maps and keep track of book marks). The other guide book I thought was very good was the Lonely Planet "Discover Hawaii the Big Island" which I did get in paperback.
on October 1, 2013
This book provides all the details I was looking for. It will help a lot to experience a great vacation
on September 27, 2013
I'd purchased the Fodor's and Frommer's guide books on Hawaii, which cover all islands. Andrew Doughty's books were recommended to me by a Hawaiian lady I rented a cottage from. I'd seen them while searching on Amazon, but I thought I could save money by buying the "all island" books instead. Mistake. These island specific books by Doughty are much better than the Fodor's and Frommer's "all island" books in my opinion (I bought Doughty's Big Island and Kauai books). Not that the Fodor's or Frommer's Hawaii books were bad, they were just not nearly as good. Doughty's recommendations helped make for an awesome family vacation on the Big Island and Kauai. His writing is readable and entertaining. We carried the books in the car wherever we went. Each book has an accompanying smart phone app (sold separately for iPhone or Android) that is a great complement to the book. It uses the phone GPS to tell you what is nearby and even shows your exact position when on a hiking trail out of cell phone coverage area! I will be buying his Maui book (and accompanying smart phone app) before I return to Hawaii to visit that island.