5.0 out of 5 stars What to Eat with IBD by Tracie Dalessandro, Feb. 16 2011
This review is from: What to Eat with Ibd: A Comprehensive Nutrition and Recipe Guide for Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis (Paperback)
Just received the paperback "What To Eat With IBD - A Comprehensive Nutrition and Recipe Guide for Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. My husband of 4 years has suffered from ulcerative colitis for almost 10 years now (he is 52). The last flare was worse and we finally clued in! Our lifestyle and diet has to change and I found this book on Amazon.

Wonderful fast shipping, btw -- thanks, Amazon! And many thanks to Tracie for writing this excellent little book. Tracie's honesty and integrity come through well (she was diagnosed with Crohn's disease at 19) and the recipes look delicious....I'm planning to shop this weekend in order to stock our larder/fridge with ingredients to prepare the healthful, tasty meals she has developed in the menu section. This aspect of the book is great for us as we live in the country and cook mostly all our meals.

Tracie says that her dream in writing this book is to inspire others with inflammatory bowel disease to be well. Her hope is to encourage IBD sufferers like herself to face the challenges -- the anxiety, the stress, and the fear of the unknown. Good nutrition is her passion, and learning to eat well can give the control to at least one aspect of this devastating disease -- to re-nourish the body and to allow the intestines to heal. As well, she stresses that we must taken time to care for ourselves not only physically, but emotionally. Nutrition and medication to help heal the body, while hope and faith help to restore the spirit. I hope and pray I can give the support to my husband that he needs to get better now and to stay well forever.

I'm looking forward to helping my husband restore -- and maintain -- his way to better health through this book. I, like Tracie, hope others will come to terms with this horrible disease which is not an easy task. It requires much strength and determination. Thank you, Tracie!! I give this book 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good book, June 25 2013
N. Isles (Nova Scotia) - See all my reviews
I purchased this book a few years ago for my son who was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. He was very sick at that time and finding it difficult to find things to eat that would agree with him. He used this book alot to prepare food for himself. It is easy to read, the recipes use most things you would have in your cupboards. The author is a sufferer of IBD so is writing from her own life experience. I would recommend this book to anyone who suffers with IBD or IBS.

CDN$ 17.06