5.0 out of 5 stars Good Insrtuctional, Oct. 25 2013
This review is from: Jiu-Jitsu University (Paperback)
Excellent book for studing moves which provides pictures in detail sometimes with multiple angles. Excellent white and blue belt stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars So clear, Oct. 24 2013
This review is from: Jiu-Jitsu University (Paperback)
I really appreciate this book now that I have some years of BJJ experience, since it clearly conveys the most common BJJ concepts. The pictures are matched extremely well with descriptions of what's going on, and are all prefaced with a written context. It really makes learning BJJ easier, like giving you the basic framework plus the common quirks and nuances for each position/concept.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, Sept. 19 2013
Julie Adams (Montreal, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jiu-Jitsu University (Paperback)
Incredibly helpful with technique in jiujitsu. Just as good for beginners or veterans. This book will follow me through my training for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best BJJ Books out there, April 2 2013
This review is from: Jiu-Jitsu University (Paperback)
Jiu-Jitsu university covers the fundamentals of BJJ with fundamental movements, escapes, the basic sweeps and counters and a few submissions.

With DVD's making most books obsolete, Jiu-Jitsu University remains a sure bet and I constantly find myself going back to this book looking at techniques I should integrate into my game.

5.0 out of 5 stars great jiu jitsu book., March 14 2013
This review is from: Jiu-Jitsu University (Paperback)
Saulo Ribeiro is one of the top Jiu Jitsu masters of our day. Anyone can learn from reading through this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Feb. 5 2013
A. Adeleke (Calgary, AB. Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jiu-Jitsu University (Paperback)
Excellent learning tool. Well laid out techniques that translate well in the mat. Definitely improved my jiu jitsu game. Will recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, July 4 2012
This review is from: Jiu-Jitsu University (Paperback)
It was really detailed and has quality photos which teaches you how to transition from a variety of positions. It is worth every penny, I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Valuable Book for your BJJ Library, March 20 2012
RollanB (Vancouver, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jiu-Jitsu University (Paperback)
I've been practicing bjj on and off for 2.5 years. I've really enjoyed this book. I find books are more helpful than videos as each technique is broken down frame by frame. The slower nature of reading also gives me time to internalize each concept. Many videos made by bjj champions usually have choppy English, so having a book co-written by a professional writer is a nice change.

I noticed some mistakes in references to images and limb orientation. For example, sentences reference to figures 1 and 2, when they are really 3 and 4. Also getting left and right limbs or directions of movement mixed up. It's a not a big deal, though.

I've been testing the survival and escapes sections of this book, and they have been working well for me. Some of the suggestions Saulo makes are unconventional. It's interesting to see how my training partners react to them.

I think this is a good book to get your fundamentals/high percentage techniques down. The first 100 pages alone have added several tools to my game. I'm sure I'll refer to it many times for the rest of my jj career.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jiu-Jitsu University, Feb. 10 2012
This review is from: Jiu-Jitsu University (Paperback)
As a novice in the art of Jiu Jitsu I found this book to be very instructionale, which was what I was looking for. It exceeded my expectations. Some of the keys are: 1)book is structured in the format of the grading system;
2)sections are successfully preambled and reationalized which supports the learner's purpose and objectives;
3)very nicely illustrated and written in a manner that is easy to follow.
I accept that this book cannot include every conceivable move, defence or submission but I feel it is quite comprehensive. I have been using it in the course of my training and found it very helpful. It's great to have something to refer back to review after a training session.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, March 23 2011
This review is from: Jiu-Jitsu University (Paperback)
this book is different from other Brazilian Jiu Jitsu books as it demonstrates both correct and incorrect techniques. love it

ARRAY(0xbc37cf6c)

Jiu-Jitsu University
Jiu-Jitsu University by Kevin Howell (Paperback - Nov. 17 2008)
Used & New from: CDN$ 25.03