5.0 out of 5 stars Great Overview of the NGL/Crude Industry, June 12 2014
This review is from: Oil 101 (Hardcover)
I've been looking for a good book to cover the NGL/Crude energy trading/ transportation business and this is the perfect read. Covers all aspects of the energy marketing and trading business and was very insightful. Nice work Morgan and thanks for taking the time to write this.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, easy to read, touches on every aspect of oil, March 21 2012
This review is from: Oil 101 (Hardcover)
great book. I work in the oil and gas industry and this book helped me get a much better overall understanding of oil, from the history, to exploration, to the products made from it. It even goes into oil prices and futures contracts. great book thats easy to read and put together well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best single volume introduction I've seen at this price, Dec 5 2011
This review is from: Oil 101 (Hardcover)
I'm amazed by this book. It contains one of the most comprehensive and thorough yet concise descriptions of the oil and gas industry I've ever seen. The title is entirely appropriate, "Oil 101" contains all of the information you need to understand everything from the basics of petroleum geology, exploration, production, and refining, to transportation and petroleum marketing and retailing. It's great value too because an introductory course containing the same content would likely run you in the hundreds of dollars.

I picked this book up because I wanted an integrated review of the industry. I'm not a neophyte and Oil 101 taught me things I did not know. If you're new to the industry and are looking for a comprehensive overview, I can strongly recommend this title.

Very easily 5 stars.

Oil 101
Oil 101 by Morgan Downey (Hardcover - Jan. 1 2009)
CDN$ 32.16