5.0 out of 5 stars Truly inspiring!, March 8 2010
This review is from: The Slave Across the Street: The True Story of How an Amercian Teen Survived the World of Human Trafficking (Paperback)
God only knows why is that some people have to face ordeals like the one Theresa L. Flores came upon when she was only 15 years old. Some years ago, I left my young daughters (10 and 12 y/o) at a Vegas' mall for 5, 10 minutes (big mistake!) seating in the middle of the hall, in front of the Macy's entrance, among all the high class, suburban families shopping there (what could go wrong? right?) while I was going to pick up some purchases; when I came back, they told me about a couple of very strange young men looking at them and who after murmuring for a while just left; even though I didn't like it at all and knew it was very wrong, I didn't understand the real threat such an event can represent until I read Theresa's events.

Hers is a very touching story of suffering no doubt, but at the same time of strength, endurance and commitment to life. An eye opener for those who believe that "these things happen to other people" or "in other countries than the USA".

Not only the book is masterfully organized, it is also very friendly to read; I read it in less than 48 hours... I couldn't stop reading actually!

Five stars (and hats off!) for Theresa, hoping that she keeps up enlightening the world for many years to come.

4.0 out of 5 stars book, Sept. 18 2013
It was good. Sad to see what some people go through in life. Puts things in perspective! It is a good read if you like true crimes.

CDN$ 17.11 CDN$ 16.87