5.0 out of 5 stars amazing
Published on April 28 2011 by oshrat

2.0 out of 5 stars Paleo
Book has fewer recipes than expected. Meal portions not consistent, one time it is for two people the next for 4. Ingredients used are more for the the area she wrote the book. Binding on book itself is of very poor quality.
Published on Jan. 1 2012 by spinedr

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, April 28 2011
This review is from: Everyday Paleo (Paperback)
Eating healthy does not mean sacrificing flavor and variety. I've been eating a Paleo diet for for almost 6 months now and I used Sarah's recipes from her blog, never been disappointed and each recipe was better the the other one, my whole family loves them. I've been trying to get my son to join me but it wasn't easy to come up with lunch ideas and things he'll enjoy, Sara's book took care of that, she has wonderful lunch ideas. I love the weekly shopping list, makes life easy, Sara is an inspiration and her book makes paleo very easy to follow, we have no excuses not to be healthy, this is not just diet it's a lifestyle. Thank you Sara

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, June 5 2011
This review is from: Everyday Paleo (Paperback)
I discovered Sarah's website 5 months ago and read it from start to end. When I read she had a book coming out with her recipes I couldn't wait. May I just say it is fantastic! I've made around 20 of the recipes inside this book and all have been delicious and frighteningly easy. People at work ask me everyday what I am eating (cause it smells and looks so good0 and where did I find the recipe. I highly recommend the egg cupcakes, pecan crusted chicken, meatloaf and apple muffins.
I've been eating strictly Paleo since I got this book and have lost 12 pounds in 3 weeks, am never hungry (unheard of!) and feel so good it's ridiculous. Believe Sarah (and Robb Wolfe) when they say to give it a try for just 30 days. I'm only on day 20 and I'm never going back to my old ways of eating.
Thanks Sarah!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for families!, May 25 2011
This review is from: Everyday Paleo (Paperback)
I, like some other reviews, have loved the recipes posted on Sarah's blog. She knows how to create delicious Paleo meals that kids will love too. I was excited the book was coming out, and it even surpassed my high expectations. All the recipes are easy and delicious. I even bought a copy for my mom who is trying to be more grain-free, but not totally Paleo. Now if only Sarah could get my two year old to eat meat ....

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, May 10 2011
This review is from: Everyday Paleo (Paperback)
I have had this book for a couple of weeks now and I love it! I have been following Sarah's blog and have made several recipes from there. This book takes the mystery out of eating Paleo with some awesome meals. Sarah's advise in setting up your kitchen and pantry are so easy to follow, just like her recipes. No surprise ingredients just healthy wholesome food. I am new to Paleo, but let me tell you with this awesome book the journey is exciting. Thank you Sarah, for all the great info on Paleo eating and for all your hard work putting this book together!

5.0 out of 5 stars Newbie!, April 25 2011
This review is from: Everyday Paleo (Paperback)
Hi there I'm new to the Paleo world and i just wanted to say that Sarah's book is amazing.. it's easy to read...full of useful information and she really holds your hand through the whole process.
I love that the recipes have catagories, that she shows you how to set up your pantry with what is needed to stay on track with your new way of eating.
Sarah makes it so darn easy to change you lifestyle. She also shows you a meal plan and a simple exercise plan. It has everything you need to get started...and keep going.
Thanks Sarah!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, but not quite for families with children in my opinion., Jan. 1 2012
T. Walker (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Everyday Paleo (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, and would highly recommend it to compliment Robb Wolf's book, The Paleo Solution. This book is mainly a cookbook, so a person can't expect there to be complete and detailed information regarding the Paleo lifestyle. That isn't the point of this book. Grazing through the recipes, I found quite a few that I plan to try to make for myself. The exercise section is something I'm sure most people would find helpful, and the meal plan really takes the planning out of your 30 day 'Paleo trial'.

The author is quite endearing and I admire the love that she shows in the book for her family, friends and food. She tries to cover every detail possible in order to make the transition from the SAD diet to the Paleo diet as smooth as possible, with tips that I found very helpful. It's almost like you're talking to a family member of your own.

My only issue really is that the recipes, in my opinion, aren't very kid/fussy eater friendly at all. They sound delicious, and I wouldn't mind trying them myself....but then again, I'm game for trying anything but offal. The reason I bought the book was so that I could make Paleo meals that my fussy boyfriend would eat too. There is a lot of spice in these dishes...not only 'hot' spice but other spices like curry powder and rosemary, which I'm not sure 'regular' children would take to so well. That and honestly, some of the pictures even look a little off-putting. For example, the zucchini 'spaghetti' and meat sauce. I can't imagine a child, that has eaten regular spaghetti before, taking very well to this version. If you have the book, take a look and get back to me. This would be the case with a lot of recipes that I remember off the top of my head. I found the recipes in 'Paleo Comfort Foods' to be a little bit better in this sense. They seem to go that little extra mile to make everything 'normal' I guess I could say, by providing recipes for paleo breads, tortillas, peanut sauce, and so on. This is good for people who would like the option of having something similar to the real deal, rather than just going without and wrapping their tacos in lettuce, having no wrap for enchiladas, etc.

Overall, an excellent book, you can tell the author put her heart into it, and genuinely wants to help the reader. If you're not a fussy eater, this will be a very helpful book in making the transition to the paleo lifestyle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Book - Great Recipes, May 23 2011
This review is from: Everyday Paleo (Paperback)
Purchased this after using her blog for some time.

Introduced my partner to it [she had been working away in the UK for the last 6 months, so had not come across it before]......awesome recipes, really introduced some fun back into cooking....."How easy?.......wow.....beautiful spices......can't believe it was that simple" are common remarks now oft heard at meal times and in the kitchen. The children love it too.

The shopping lists, and contents of the larder are very useful too.

Highly recommend it for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dinner recipes, Feb. 19 2014
This review is from: Everyday Paleo (Paperback)
Good book for dinners and snacks not a lot of treats in this book though and I love to bake. This book changed my 4 year olds opinion on olive and peppers. He use to hate them now they are on request for the shopping list.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great meal plan, Nov. 27 2013
This review is from: Everyday Paleo (Paperback)
I love this book. Her thirty day meal plan is excellent. The recipes are simple and taste great. She provides a shopping list for each week and I am finding that none of the ingredients go to waste. The same ingredient gets used in more than one dish. No more wilted celery or herbs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Everyday Paleo, Aug. 27 2012
This review is from: Everyday Paleo (Paperback)
Loads of information in this book for a Paleo beginner. I bought it looking for recipes, and found a lot of good ideas to get me started. The recipes are easy, fast, and easily to modified to suit individual tastes once you get the hang of the diet. Sarah does not state how many servings each recipe makes though. She has also included a section on exercise. A great beginner book!

ARRAY(0xabc8d510)

Everyday Paleo
Everyday Paleo by Sarah Fragoso (Paperback - April 25 2011)
CDN$ 33.50 CDN$ 21.00