Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage pinata Furniture Kindle Music Deals Store Cycling Tools

The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet
Format: HardcoverChange
Price:$22.13+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(3 star)show all reviews
on January 13, 2011
I really wanted to like this book. I totally believe in the Paleo way of eating and living, but it feels as though Wolf pushed this to print before it was really ready. I will try to be fair and as balanced as I can be.

I enjoyed the information on digestion and the science behind the metabolism of grains, fats, etc. Most of this I already knew, but Wolf had a good approach to the material that offered me some new information. I also found good information on exercise and why it was crucial. I enjoyed the science in these chapters; Wolf has obviously done his homework and was willing to share it, here.

However, several times I was frustrated because he refers to things he "covers later" and never talks about again. There is no index, either, so finding information afterwards is very difficult. After explaining why grains were a bad idea for the body, he mentions that dairy should be avoided, too, but he does not do the work to explain why, which I found sloppy on his part.

The tone of the book could be considered 'fun', I guess, if you don't mind being treated like a silly girl ("Buttercup") who doesn't know much and has no desire to learn anything more. I like to do research and use my brain, though, so I admit I was annoyed at times with his writing style.

The section on physical training could have been better organized; the material could be offered more clearly for those who have not worked out with weights before. It focuses quite well on those who have been sedentary, which I thought was good, but these people may have lots of questions afterwards.

In short, there was some good information here but I think there was more work to do on this book before it went to press. Hopefully a newer edition will be born from this effort. I would suggest Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint for a very thorough and informative take on the Paleo lifestyle.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on July 23, 2015
Interesting info, gave it a three because I think it's missing some simplified lists to help shop and choose when out and about. Find I have to look up other sources as to what's paleo and what isn't.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again