5.0 out of 5 stars Must Read, July 31 2009
I highly recommend this easy to read and very interesting book. It seems to be well researched and the shock is in the simplicity of what is revealed about who really runs the financial world.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Exposure of the Lies and Deceit and Theft by the Banking System, Sept. 24 2007
Ken Battah (Montreal, Québec CANADA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Web of Debt (Paperback)
Thank-you Ellen Hodgson Brown for your masterpiece. Thank-you for the enlightenment that your years of effort and research have brought to me. Once I began reading the pages I could not put the book down. So well researched, so well presented and explained in such a manner that whether you think you know something about banking or whether you know little, all these little lights will turn on in the reader's mind.
Aha, I kept saying to myself, so this is how this or that works!
You have taught me that nothing in the world of banking is real.
As Henry Ford said, "It is well that the people of this nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be revolution before tomorrow morning."
How we have all been asphyxiated by the banksters and shame on any government (past, present and future) that let's this scam continue to happen to its people. In fact, the federal government is a co-conspirator in this.
The Web of Debt is a must-read for any serious student of finance, in fact anyone interested to learn about how a dollar comes into existence in the fictional world of banking.
GET AND READ THIS BOOK TODAY!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Web of Deceit, July 2 2009
D. V. Short "Enzo Short" (Orkney, UK) - See all my reviews
The author gives a detailed explanation of the historical developments of our worldwide debt money. It also gives examples of alternative forms of money supply, such as what is taking place on the Guernsey Island. Economic contraction is a consequence of the reduction of money supplied by the private banking system, based on the "fractional reserve system".

The author also explains how our world wide web of debt began (as a "fractional reserve system") with the original goldsmiths' fraud some 300 years ago, and is now continuously perpetuated by 'neoliberal' economic policies put into practice by governments and world bodies. For example, the 'confiscatory' inflations & deflations, and world financial crises (as in the 2008) are wrought by contemporary forms of finance capital (banking, investment, and trading institutions) in alliance with the states of each nation or country.

The theory and practice of 'Neoliberalism' is most excellently and arduously described in 'A Brief History of Neoliberalism' (ISBN: 0199283273)

The true nature of the 'developed' world's money is more succinctly explained in 'Funny Money' (ISBN: 0969439423) and the DVD 'Money as Debt' (from moneyasdebt.net). A more detailed description is given by the 'The Money Masters' (from [...])

A site worth visiting in this regard is: [...]

The International Simultaneous Policy Organisation (ISPO at [...]) provides a profound worldwide solution to worldwide abusive global financial systems.

It appears very few people in Canada have read this book, which amazes me. Does Canada print its own public (not private) fiat money?
________________________

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone Must Read This Book!!!, Feb. 23 2009
Mary Anne Thompson (Ottawa, Canada) - See all my reviews
I could not put the book down; I devoured it for the information it provided. It was shocking, yes, but made so much sense. Why is history not taught with similar details of the money and banks involved? History becomes clearer, less chaotic, as Ellen H. Brown helps us to break free from the illusions that abound in politics, the media, and in the never ending financial rhetoric. If enough of us read this book, we might be able to stop the insane roller coaster ride we are on to a complete breakdown of culture and civilisation. Web of Debt helped me to see that as the market meltdown hypnotizes us into thinking that we should reward the banks for creating the financial problems we are faced with today, we are thereby giving them the means to send us even further into financial instability and ruin. Read the Book. Talk About It To Everyone you Know and and Even to Those You Don't Know. Write About it in Letters to Editors, Get Others To Read the Book. Read The Web of Debt and learn the truth about money and debt. Go to the website webofdebt.com and from there learn even more.

4.0 out of 5 stars The truth about our money system, Jan. 27 2012
This book is a must have to understand our banking system and its huge consequences on our life .Further the references are true.Therefore I cannot help but to recommend it to everyone.You will not be the same after reading it

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, Dec 23 2012
This review is from: Web of Debt: The Shocking Truth about Our Money System and How We Can Break Free (Paperback)
I loved it because it answered the questions arising from the economic problems we have worldwide of how do we escape the debt mess that we're in and how to beat the "business cycle" of booms and busts?

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, Feb. 18 2014
This book is the most thorough history of the money/banking system you'll likely ever read. It should be required reading in every school in North America.

5.0 out of 5 stars Should be a mandatory read in school, June 4 2013
I read this kind of stuff a lot & have for years; it's a shame more don't. Money is truly the biggest fraud since god & is even more controlling than religion in these days. The parasites truly continue to rule the world thanks to sheeple.

CDN$ 27.43