biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones vd2016beauty Furniture Learn more All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: PaperbackChange

on August 5, 2011
I loved this book. Karen Azinger did a superb job of developing the characters ... and I like the way she did it. I hate jumping back and forth in a book to try and figure out who is who. There was none of that in Steel Queen. And the key characters are strong; both the good and the evil ones. The stage is well set for conflict between and among these players. My favorite character was Liandra. As a retired business executive, I was drawn to her business moxie, her ability to read people and her acceptance of the fact that in the end, she had to make the decisions.

I thought that Karen showed that religion can be a force for great good or terrible evil in society; something that has always been true and continues to be so today. The flame god charlatans are no worse than some of the leaders who have run our major world religions.

The book has something for most readers: love, envy, sex, and conflict. It is a very human journey and I look forward to the next volume in December.

PJR