Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook Kindle Music Deals Store NFL Tools

Marvellous Hairy
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$5.37+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(5 star)show all reviews
on June 3, 2012
Marvellous Hairy is a wonderfully written tale that engrosses you from beginning to end. Rayner throws a lot at you, packing the story with characters, subplots, and information, but does so tastefully. Instead of being overwhelmed, I was just captivated with Rayner's writing.

Rayner packs in the characters in this novel, but gives the reader a guide as to who everyone is at the beginning. Much like a Shakespearean play, which I reckon Rayner pulled a lot of inspiration from, a list of characters is provided to remind the reader who everyone is and their relation to each other. I was especially thankful for this, as I could follow the novel perfectly without getting confused.

The novel is entertaining and witty, but with the additional themes of the strength of friendship and the dangers of corporate greed, among others. The comedy and serious parts balance each other out and contribute to an overall great piece.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on February 3, 2012
Want a far out, fun read? Then try MARVELLOUS HAIRY by Mark Rayner.

With my warped, sense of humour I loved this book. What a refreshing change from my usual fare.

Rayner has an astonishing cast of characters -- ghosts, greedy CEOs, drug dealers, wacky novelists, all sorts of weird people. The book is an amazing satire of evil corporate greed with some really hilarious scenes -- my favourite was the chaotic wedding early in the book with monkeys running amok. Sounds like more fun than some of the weddings I've attended.

Rayner's writing style is out there and will not be to everybody's taste. It's a book you'll either love or hate -- no middle ground here. But if you liked Monty Python, this will be right up your alley. His style is evocative of the late Kurt Vonnegut. Rayner is a highly talented writer with something to say.

Read MARVELLOUS HAIRY.....and discover your inner monkey!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again