5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful for students and parents, March 20 2013
This review is from: More Money for Beer and Textbooks (Paperback)
This is a really good resource for students about to enter post-secondary education or currently enrolled. It's also a very good read for parents of those same students.

Here's a link to my full review - highly recommended:

[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Have Financial Guide for Students!, March 10 2013
This review is from: More Money for Beer and Textbooks (Paperback)
The transition from high school to university comes with many new personal and financial challenges. More Money for Beer and Textbooks is a thorough, easy to read guide that will help you successfully navigate the way through your post-secondary experience!
I would highly recommend this book to all Canadian students looking to start university on the right track and gain confidence in their ability to create future financial success!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Tips in an Easy to Understand Format, March 9 2013
This review is from: More Money for Beer and Textbooks (Paperback)
I'm nowhere near the most financially literate person, but I was able to easily follow and understand everything quite well.

A truly excellent book for the (soon the be) university student who is looking for some tips on how to save, find, and make money. Lots of simple financial tips and explanations presented in an easy-to-understand format.

I really liked the easy to follow heading/sub-heading structure, and the chapter summaries, which I felt were an excellent nod to some of the better text books I came across in my studies!

Appreciated the simple definitions (with examples) for the financial terms. Not all of us are well-versed in such, and it was welcome.

This will be among one of my go-to grad gifts for all the younger family members. Could have used some of this myself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good reality check for students and parents, June 11 2013
This review is from: More Money for Beer and Textbooks (Paperback)
I work at a University and I see firsthand how poorly students manage their finances. There isn’t another book out there that talks directly to students about the realities of University life.

This book walks you through everything from how much your degree will cost, to the student loan application process, student housing options, and responsible credit card use. The authors also give some useful tips on how to budget and, yes, how to party on the cheap (including how to brew your own beer at home!)

So whether you’re a parent about to send your kid off to school, or you’re a student looking for a guide to navigate you through the financial challenges of University living, you should pick up a copy of this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish this was available 5 years ago., March 11 2013
This review is from: More Money for Beer and Textbooks (Paperback)
I wish I would have read something like before I started post secondary. Reading this made me realize how financially illiterate I was going into university. Why wasn't I this taught this in high school? Why didn't my parents tell me these things? Mistakes were made, money was squandered, but I'm educating myself now. More Money For Beer and Textbooks has lots of information that I am able to use moving forward, and I am sending copies to my older brother and two younger sisters who are currently taking courses and undoubtedly making the same errors I did.
This book is well written, easy to follow, and good for a few laughs. If you know someone graduating high school this June, do them a big favour and get them a copy of this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT read for parents & students, Feb. 14 2014
This review is from: More Money for Beer and Textbooks (Paperback)
This is a great, easy read for both parents & students heading off to post secondary education in Canada! Finally a book written by Canadians for Canadians! I picked it up after reading a recommendation from another author that I enjoy & am glad i did. It hasn't been easy trying to convince my daughter to read it, but I read it & can use a lot of the info provided. It truly is chocked full of great money saving ideas & it gives a realistic perspective on the costs & benefits (or not) of post secondary education.
I'd recommend this to all those in the post secondary phase of life; parents & teens should read!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read for high school students, Dec 27 2013
This review is from: More Money for Beer and Textbooks (Paperback)
I had read a review and thought it might be great for my grand daughter who is in secondary school - but read it first to be certain. It certainly provides the stats to open discussions between students and parents as to what to plan for and consider in Ontario post secondary education.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile Read, Aug. 6 2013
This review is from: More Money for Beer and Textbooks (Paperback)
I am going to university next year and I found this be to be very insightful.

I am a pretty financial savvy kid for my age already but I still found lots of practical advise throughout the book.

The authors are good at relating youth and put all the financial concepts into an easy to understand context.

I would recommend this book to students and anyone who is helping them on their post-secondary endeavours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book!, June 15 2013
This review is from: More Money for Beer and Textbooks (Paperback)
Excellent book! Kyle and Justin did a great job of making this book easy to read, easy to digest, and easy to implement. I would highly recommend it as a gift for any high school grad. Getting off onto the right foot financially is one of the best gifts any 17 to 20 year old could ever receive.

ARRAY(0xa6aeeb4c)

More Money for Beer and Textbooks
More Money for Beer and Textbooks by Justin Bouchard (Paperback - Dec 15 2012)
CDN$ 21.30 CDN$ 14.40