4.0 out of 5 stars Great book
I had a few other books, and while they were helpful, they just weren't what I was looking for. This book was exactly what I was looking for. It's very informative and I love that it's Canadian.

I've found a lot of great information in this book and I would recommend this book to anyone.
Published 21 months ago by Melissa

3.0 out of 5 stars no visual aids but a lot of information
Published on Aug. 30 2011 by JM

3.0 out of 5 stars no visual aids but a lot of information, Aug. 30 2011
This review is from: The Mother of All Pregnancy Books: An All-Canadian Guide to Conception, Birth and Everything In Between (Paperback)
I've bought a few books and thought this would be the best one. I was glad to find a Canadian book to refer to, but was disappointed that there are no pictures or visual aids in this book. I have referred to it a few times when looking for a particular answer and it does have a lot of information though. My Nurse Practitioner told me to get the book "New Beginnings" which is also Canadian, and I really like that book a lot also.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, Jan. 17 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift for friend, July 27 2012
When I mentioned the idea of buying a pregnancy-guide type of book as a gift, Ann Douglas was highly recommended by my friend. Hence I got it and had it directly shipped to my other friend, the mother-to-be. And I only got to take a glace of it. It's a thick book with a lot of writing and not so many pictures. It seems like it's very statistic-based and has a lot of good information. I wouldn't recommended it to someone who prefers easier and quicker reference such as myself :p but my friend likes it and she feels it's like an encyclopedia of pregnancy. Good luck momies!

5.0 out of 5 stars CANADIAN, May 7 2013
I absolutely loved that this is a Candian reference book. I had ordered others as well that were clearly American and I could definately tell the difference, this was my favourite by far!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of info, April 20 2013
This was really helpful, being geared towards Canadians. The only thing I found was that I had to jump around a lot; it wasn't in the most start-to-finish order. But it had a great index that made everything easy to find it I was looking for something specific.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Canadian resource, May 25 2012
This book is a very well written resource for any expectant mother. The Canadian content is informative and unique. Many other books on the market are American written - they offer good advice for new mother but miss the Canadian perspective like this book does. A must read for all new Canadian mothers to be!

4.0 out of 5 stars lots of good info, Jan. 19 2012
Good pertinent information, enjoyed the layout and easy to find sections. I recommend this book for pregnant moms who like lots of information.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little too much detail on the negative side of pregnancy, April 8 2013
I think most women buy these books after they are pregnant and a full 1/4 of this book talks about conceiving. (I could have skipped to chapter 6). I think they also spend a bit too much time talking about the serious conditions babies can have. I would have preferred just a short chapter on this. Other books put these into perspective using percentages but this book gives you the impression that all of these horrible things are going to happen (not great for an already emotional pregnant woman).
Another thing that I liked about other books I read was that they were organized by month of pregnancy. This book is topic driven. I would prefer to look at each month as they happened which also gave me a goal of how much to read.
The positives about this book are that it is Canadian and was easy to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, Nov. 30 2011
I like this book; very good quality, good tricks! I recommend this book to all new parents or people that want to have kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent canadian resource!, Nov. 25 2011
Isabelle Soucy "I.S.C." (Qc. Canada) - See all my reviews
FANTASTIC book. Very complete, loaded with anecdotes, tips, and scientific facts that are easy to read. Pertinent for anyone planning for a child, having difficulty with conceiving or for pregnant parents (yes, both partners).

Used & New from: CDN$ 23.43