5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening and informative!, Nov. 22 2011
This review is from: Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox: How a Little-Known Vitamin Could Save Your Life (Paperback)
What I liked about this book was, as well as being a great source of information about Vitamin K2, a vitamin that has not received a great deal of coverage in the health sciences, was the easy manner of the author who writes in a style which makes it very comfortable for the lay person to process and understand. So often these types of book can get bogged down into too many scientific terms leaving the reader to give up in despair. This book, however, fulfills its goal of informing
without preaching and upon finishing it, the reader will, or should be guided by the numerous positive health benefits as outlined by the author and fully backed by extensive research. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Vitamin K2 and The Calcium Paradox, Jan. 22 2012
This book is full of useful information. It is also well-written, full of references and easy to understand. Dr. Rheaume-Bleue style is refreshing and relaxed. Vitamin K2's importance in our diet could very well surpass that of Omega 3 fats and Vitamin D. The information is well-referenced and the book provides important information to anyone that wants to improve their health and optimize their well-being.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating Read, Feb. 21 2013
I heard an interview with the author and while I learned a lot about vitamin K2, the book is definitely worth reading. I think it should be required reading for all doctors, but as that isn't likely, anyone who wants to stay healthy should read it. It explains the key to preventing heart attacks and stroke, while also preventing osteoporosis by getting the calcium to where it belongs. It also explains the relationships of other nutrients in this process. This information is especially critical for those who have increased the amount of vitamin D they take and/or take calcium supplements. I now tell almost everyone I meet about vitamin K2.

5.0 out of 5 stars You cannot regret learning what this book has to offer, April 11 2013
This book has been an eye opener for me to a better understanding of Vit K and how Kale is not Vit K by itself. Simple Vit K1 by itself obscures the most vital and necessary nutrient described as K2 in this book by Kate a very understandable and easy to understand book . I have even pursued the making of K2 now realizing how important it is for heart health , bone health , brain health , teeth health , etc . it just seems to fill in many shortfalls in my proactive health quest .
It is true "that the teacher is there when the student is ready ". That is the way I found this book which Kate has in such a down to earth way shared and how vitally important this subject is . If you have come this far to read this ,you owe it to yourself to get the book and be a student and benefit from the rich advice presented in this book . To be given the words that "K2 can reverse plaque build up" in the arterial system is in and of itself such a profound admission I am ready to give it my full attention . At 60 now , and unaware of any problem I am so thankful that I may never need to experience the problems associated with a Vit K2 deficiency. . Truly a great labour of love on behalf of the author to freely give us her experiences and diligent research on such a worthwhile topic .
I have purchased three copies to get the word out to family and friends . Vit K2 The Calcium Paradox is full of good news.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, March 29 2013
I am only half way through this book but cannot say enough about it. It's the most informative, interesting book I've read in a long time in matters of health. Dr. Kate has gathered all the scientific facts and put it together in a well-written, easy-to-read manner. This will definitely change the way I prescribe nutrients for my patients.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Information, Feb. 19 2013
This book is fantastic!!! Packed full of essential information for anyone taking a calcium supplement! Why isn't Dr. OZ all over this??? or David Suzuki??? This information needs to be more widely available. 5 STARS

5.0 out of 5 stars Not well written, but valuable info for sure, May 3 2014
If you ever had a pre-teen intent on having the next 'device' gifted to them, their message is so centric to every word spoken.

I think this book could have been shorter, more to the point, and include a better message at HOW to get enough K2 in prepared meals at home.

Regardless of Health Canada 'limits' on daily dose, it might be helpful to know, in plain words, the connect between supplementation quantum and blood serum levels as known in the empirical data.

The complicated mechanism between K2 and the 'migration' of calcium from arteries and vessel walls MIGHT be better explained, and the way a DIY 'patient' MIGHT measure or estimate his/her reversal of this cardiac risk of death!

Great book that will save lives, K2 is an essential nutrient- and that's saying a lot!

5.0 out of 5 stars vIITAMIN K-2, June 8 2013
I have read this book and reread it. I have had others in the medical arena also buy it and read it. This is the book we have all been waiting for. It open's our eyes to using K2 and other very important supplements for good healthy bones and living. WOW!
Thank you so much Madame Rheaume-Bleue
Joe Dennie

5.0 out of 5 stars She also discusses best food sources of vitamin K2 as well supplement types ..., Aug. 10 2014
I found this book answered many of my questions about the mechanisms of vitamin K2 in regards to bone and cardiovascular health. I found the book was well-researched overall. She also discusses best food sources of vitamin K2 as well supplement types and dosages. She did insinuate there was only one brand of ghee worth purchasing in regards to vitamin K2. We called the company we purchase our ghee from as well as the one she recommended. Our ghee contained significant amounts of vitamin K2 and the company was glad to freely explain how the cows were fed. Her book motivated me to check on our ghee so I found it was a positive outcome. Overall, I highly recommend her book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, March 25 2014
Sigie (St-Romuald, Qubec Canada) - See all my reviews
Very interesting book on a little known topic. Easy to read. Being in the health field, I almost wish it was more detailed, but then it makes the book accessible to a larger audience.

Used & New from: CDN$ 38.04