Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Format: PaperbackChange

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
on December 21, 2011
This book was an easy read and contained a lot of very useful information. I really like the way it's divided into 52 short chapters - the thought being you tackle one topic per week. Each chapter concludes with a to-do list that provides easy to follow steps for getting/keeping your retirement on track. I find planning for retirement quite daunting so this divide-and-conquer approach appeals to me.

The book also provided some eye-opening calculations (like how much or little money CPP and OAS might provide). But it is never dry and is balanced with chapters that look at the "soft" sides of retirement - like whether it is really a good idea to make too many changes to your life as soon as you retire. I also found the chapter on "how feeling younger than you really are can wreck your retirement" fascinating.

I bought this book because I thought it would be a good resource to get me ready for retirement, but now I think it's going to be something I keep referring to even once I'm retired.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2012
As a CFP who provided financial planning advice to clients, I found this book very well written. Those in the profession will relate that most clients do not enjoy being spoken to in "industry" terms. By taking concepts and breaking them into 52 bite sized pieces, Ms. Di Vito has written a book that Financial Planners and their clients alike will read and understand. Simple, straight forward advice that everyone should read to make sure they keep on track - particularly the chapters around the long-term costs of debt and failing to manage one's cash flow.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse