4.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY, An Entrepreneurs Guide With Substance!, Dec 4 2012
This review is from: The Dragons' Den Guide to Assessing Your Business Concept (Paperback)
Let me preface this by saying that the only reason I'm giving this 4 stars, and not 5 is because going through the self study workshops is a bit complicated - sometimes there are a little checkboxes within the book and sometimes you have to do it outside of the book. Some sort of accompanying CD or download would make it a lot easier - especially if you have several business ideas in mind and are trying to figure out which one has the best potential.

With that said, as far as business books go, this is one of the best I've ever read! I usually find myself rolling my eyes at all the hype and fluff. Of course this book gets you excited, but it explains everything in SO much detail. I am finally getting why some business make it and some don't. AND, I can I explain it with the appropriate business terms :)

I felt like I finally GOT a lot of things that usually make my eyes gloss over.

I wish it existed 10 years ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars very concise; good guide for turning a business idea into a business, Nov. 25 2012
There are countless books on this topic, and I read several (including MBA text books). Most of them are not concise enough, including unnecessary theories and complicated descriptions. The great thing about this book is how succinctly it helps you assess business concepts, with a clear process and check lists. It helped me stay motivated and on track with the assessment of my own new business. In addition, I found the link to real-world examples very useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars As Good as the Show, Sept. 27 2012
If you like the show and you think you'd like to try your hand at business then you'll really like this book. Excellent content that makes you want to get going right away. Most of these types of books tell you what to do but not how to do it. This book tells you exactly what and how you should go about starting your business in a way that will increase your chance of success. Very much looking forward to the next one in the series (The Dragons Den Guide to Business Plans).

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dragon's Den Guide to Assessing Your Business Concept, Sept. 26 2012
This book is a true entrepreneur's textbook. I picked up The Dragon's Den Guide to Assessing Your Business Concept on Saturday and finished it on Sunday. I was completely engrossed. The first time I read it I didn't do the chapter workshops as I was enjoying the energy the book gave me. I could tell these exercises were quite in-depth. Now I am reading the book again and completing the workshops as I go. I am really enjoying the self-discovery process. It's helping me add structure to my next venture. I feel this book will help me not just survive but will encourage me to thrive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book for Anyone with a business Concept..., Sept. 21 2012
T. Harv Eker stated, "Every one of us has a business concept/idea inside of us waiting to be monetized." And, if you knew someone who had monetized their business concept, what is the first question you would ask? I bet it would be, "HOW...did you DO it?"

John Vyge answers that critical question in a unique way by blending business assessment concepts, real examples from the Dragon's Den, and exercises for you to complete in regards to you Business Concept/Product. This book fills a vital market need. If addresses all of the work that is done prior to the magical moment everyone sees on TV; it covers the business side of assessing a product. It is a model for the strategic thought, evalution, and marketing of a product.

As an Executive Coach for entrepreneurs, other coaches, and business people for over 13 years, I know why many people fail. They want to produce, implement and provide their product and service but fail to have the "Business Mindset" needed. No matter what your idea is, this book is a constant reminder that no matter what your product or idea is; first and foremost, you are a business person. This book helps you to Build that Business Mindset so you know "How you will Do it for your product."

The only thing missing in the book is a "whip" so that people will follow through and complete the strategic exercises for their product so they can be on the road to their millions! I encourage you to get the most from it! I challenge everyone to not only read the book but USE IT, ALL OF IT, and Take Your Business Concept to Market.

To your continued success,

JMM

The Dragons' Den Guide to Assessing Your Business Concept
The Dragons' Den Guide to Assessing Your Business Concept by John Vyge (Paperback - Aug. 28 2012)
CDN$ 29.95 CDN$ 18.77