5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a financial book that I understand.
Published 22 months ago by Barry Leinbach

2.0 out of 5 stars not in depth
the topic in the title was touched on very superficially. there's a much better treatment in "Real Retirement", which steps outside the common guidance and provides a deeper and more useful analysis of "how much is enough".
Published 6 months ago by Burlington Bill

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a financial book that I understand., Feb. 18 2013
Financial planning is something that we tend to avoid until it is too late. However this easy to read book brought it all into perspective for me. This book is written on a level that everyone can understand and relate to including the youth, middle age, about to retire and those already retired. I like that Diane encourages financial planning at an early age. However if you missed that opportunity in your life she takes you through the steps to start your financial future at any point in your life.

There were two things in the book that stood out for this reader. I had to face the cold hard facts of writing down everything that I spend in the "cash flow statement". What a reality shock. I know I know; we are always told to do this but this book actually encouraged me to write it down as the example provided included items that I would normally forget. I also found the estate planning chapter of special interest as it is a part of lives that we keep putting off to another day. As I read the chapter I actually found myself quite relived that I am dealing with my estate now and not leaving an "estate mystery" for my children.

There are lots of examples, charts and common sense information. I will be using this book a lot as a reference to help me understand my financial future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Advice, June 14 2013
This review is from: How Much Is Enough: Balancing Today's Needs with Tomorrow's Retirement Goals (Paperback)
Diane definitely knows what she is talking about. As a CFP student I found this book had many useful tips. I especially enjoyed the chapter about teaching kids the value of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty is Enough!, May 10 2013
Jonathan P. Chevreau (Toronto) - See all my reviews
As a financial planner who walks the talk with clients every day, McCurdy's advice seems obvious in retrospect. How Much is Enough makes it clear there's no one-size-fits-all solution for retirement. She has a handle on the many retirement options available these days,and takes a refreshing approach in helping teach children the value of money, going beyond allowances and budgeting.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Complicated Topic Made Clear, Feb. 28 2013
G. Poirier (Orleans, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
The amount of money that needs to be accumulated/saved/invested/etc. for ones retirement is very individual-specific. It depends on so many factors: from one's personality type and current lifestyle to the type of life and needs that one anticipates for retirement. This book (a third edition) attempts to answer the question of how we go from the here-and-now to retirement heaven. The author, a very experienced and prominent financial planner, covers the various issues that one must address in order to get there. And she does so in plain language so that anyone can understand. She also provides some of the tools and techniques that one needs to shed light on what should be done. Any technical terms that are introduced are clearly defined.

Since each person's situation is particular, some parts of the book may be more applicable to a given reader than others; that was certainly my case. Those wanting to plan for retirement, no matter what stage in their lives they are currently in, can gain valuable information by studying this useful book.

2.0 out of 5 stars not in depth, June 14 2014