Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook Music Deals Store NFL Tools

• Torn

Format: PaperbackChange

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(4 star).show all reviews
on February 28, 2012
I enjoyed Torn more than the first book. Torn picks up right after where Switched ended. Amanda Hocking managed to pull quite a few surprises that I never saw coming, that's for sure. The Vittra tribe was also introduced - a tribe of trolls that were quite different than the Trylles. A few new characters appeared and of course we saw some of our old characters return. I loved seeing more of Tove and Willa!

I also loved seeing the interactions between Finn and Wendy play out. Strangely Torn didn't have as much romance as it did in the first book yet the book was still enjoyable even more so than the first - maybe because we saw much more of the supporting characters. There was a new character, Loki, who was also fighting for Wendy's affection. Although I enjoyed Loki as a character I didn't much care for the romance between them.

In the previous book I thought Wendy came off as a brat and I can safely say she really grew more mature in this book and most of her actions are justified. I was also hoping we would learn more of the Trylle abilities in the second book and we definitely learned more as Wendy starts learning how use her power. We also discover what makes her so special and why everyone is pushing her to be the ruler.

The books also contains a short story titled "One Day: Three Ways" that shifts between the point of views of Finn, Tove and Loki - although only 26 pages it was still pretty interesting to see what was going on through their heads.

I would have given it a full rating but the writing was nothing special and world was not all too creative and original. Yet the plot had me enthralled and I was quite excited to see where the story was going next. I'm excited to see how the trilogy ends in the final book Ascend. And luckily we only have to wait two months for it to be released!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again