5.0 out of 5 stars Angel Time ... a story of Redemption
Published on Jan. 18 2010 by Patricia Kimmerly

1.0 out of 5 stars shallow drivel
Published on Feb. 25 2011 by justme

5.0 out of 5 stars Angel Time ... a story of Redemption, Jan. 18 2010
I loved Angel Time. Usually I'm a slow reader but I read this book in 1 day. I couldn't put it down. It was a bit hard to get into at the beginning but after the first 50 pages or so I was hooked. It is a story about an assassin who is approached by an angel during a murder. This angel tells him all about his life & then asks him to join God's side by assisting the angel with an assignment which will change history. It involves time travel & a whole lot of suspense. It is a story of redemption ... the redemption of an assassin.

1.0 out of 5 stars shallow drivel, Feb. 25 2011
This review is from: Angel Time: The Songs of the Seraphim, Book One (Mass Market Paperback)
Don't waste your money on the Songs of the Seraphim books! I've never written a review on here, but these books are so bad I had to say something. Shallow and boring. This and Book Two are the worst Anne Rice novels I've read. I only read the second one because I ordered it at the same time as the first and felt obligated to make use of my money. I liked the Vampire Chronicles back in the day and some more recent novels and am not commenting on Rice's change in subject matter specifically. My complaint is not with the switch to her praise of the lord, but that she couldn't even make it remotely interesting in these two novels. The subject matter has potential, but she doesn't come close to what the novels could have been. Seems she tossed them off over a weekend and is banking on her name to sell them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Anne, it has been too long, Jan. 1 2011
Chris (Ottawa, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
Thanks to the end of the Vampire Chronicles and the beginning of the Jesus works, I hadn't read Anne Rice in years. Angel Time, however, did catch my interest and after letting it stay on my library list for awhile, I finally decided to read her book about angels over Christmas. During Christmas or in July, I would have enjoyed this book. The way Rice dealt with the supernatural reminded me of Memnoch the Devil from 1995 and the way she ended the book makes it feel like 1995 when I just wanted to read another such book. And such book, Of Love and Evil, is on the foyer table. I think I'll start it soon.

3.0 out of 5 stars An okay Anne Rice Novel..., May 30 2010
The novel was just "okay"...very slow in some parts. It had a few interesting twists and a "message" at the end of the book. All in all, just okay...

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh..., Feb. 27 2013
Anne, sorry to say but you should have hung them up after the vampire series. Overall kind of boring and little is revealed. Not looking forward to anything she writes ever again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat Disappointing, May 27 2011
I love Anne Rice's earlier novels, but since shes stopped writing about vampires, witches and other supernatural beings her books have taken a turn for the worse. She is still a good writer but I no longer get caught up in her books like I used to or care all that much about what is happening in the story. I bought this book and read it through to the end, but never really liked the characters and the story was just too slow. Angels are interesting and all but unless Anne Rice goes back to her vampires, I won't be reading anymore of her new books.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute garbage, Nov. 5 2009
David Annable - See all my reviews
Anne Rice was once a decent writer. She was able to portray multi-dimensional characters through interesting stories. I'd read one of her books and put it down satisfied and wanting more.

Then something happened. She was born again or found Jesus or flipped out or something. And now we're left with this claptrap. This is (very) thinly veiled religious propaganda that is not only boring, but is downright poorly written. Chapter by chapter, the book is downright unreadable. Poor characterization mixed with a meandering and unfocused plot make me wonder if Rice just sat down at her keyboard one day and decided to come up with the most annoying and least entertaining way to tell people about her newly found faith.

Do yourself a favor - don't waste your time or your money on this garbage. Rice should be put on notice if this is the kind of crap she's going to regurgitate.

Angel Time: The Songs of the Seraphim, Book One
Angel Time: The Songs of the Seraphim, Book One by Anne Rice (Mass Market Paperback - Aug. 31 2010)
CDN$ 10.99 CDN$ 9.92