4.0 out of 5 stars Life, Life, and More Life!
Published on Feb. 17 2007 by Steven Lane Taylor

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Deep
Far too deep for me. ...............................................................................................................................................
I did not understand the thoughts nor writings of this man. I am but a common man
Published 14 months ago by Bert

4.0 out of 5 stars Life, Life, and More Life!, Feb. 17 2007
The first time I ever conducted a study of one of Deepak Chopra's books, it was "The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success." The language was so esoteric and poetic, I often felt like a translater, trying to explain to my class what Deepak meant. This book is an easy read by comparison. I love the concept that Deepak mainly focuses on, which is simply this: Consciousness is creative. Consciousness is eternal. So consciousness continues to create after death. In other words, through our consciousness, we actual "create" our own individual heaven or hell . . . temporarily, anyway. This concept is corroborated by another book I enjoyed on this subject, which is "Home With God" by Neale Donald Walsch.

I have given "Life After Death" 4 stars instead of 5 because about two thirds of the way through this book Deepak goes off on far too many tangents, and loses focus. However, there is one thread that holds most of this book together nicely, which is an East Indian fable that Deepak uses at the beginning of each chapter to illustrate some of his major points. I enjoyed that. All in all, there is much value in Deepak's latest work.

Steven Lane Taylor, Author of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat: A Guide for Living Life in the Divine Flow"

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Conscience, June 1 2008
A book that achieves the unattainable: to reconcile science with religion and philosophies on such complex issues such as: what happens after we die?, where do we come from?, where do we go to?, why is it that we are here?, what's life's sense?, does personality survive our death?, where is God?, Will I ever see my beloved departed ones? (by the way, you bet we all will!) etc...

This Deepak Chopra's masterpiece very clearly (and in simple terms) explains how is that conscience masters us and the whole cosmos. It goes on to explain with beautiful stories, metaphors and scientific evidence the mechanisms behind our brains and mind, our bodies, our souls and the definitive connections between us all and every single "thing" in the universe. We are and everything else, the expression of the cosmos!

This book prepares us all for an inevitable outcome... so, it's both, a consolation and an inspiring source of invaluable information... definitively the kind all human beings should receive as soon as we are capable of understanding that the day we are born is the day we begin to die, only to keep on living...

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Deep, Oct. 7 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars This book made me think, Aug. 19 2013
A. MacFarlane (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Life After Death: The Burden of Proof (Paperback)
Total different perspective on life after death from what the classic Christian church teaches. Read this if you have an open mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr. Chopra explores a full range of human potential,, Dec 25 2007
Deepak Chopra is the founder of the Chopra Center for Well Being and president of the Alliance for a New Humanity. In his new book: Life After Death: The Burden of Proof, Dr. Chopra will help you discover the intimate relationship between physical, quantum and non-local reality and how this connection helps us to understand the mechanics of the intuitive, creative, visionary and sacred responses. He first explains that as soon as you conceptualize something, you limit it. Divine intelligence, or God, is unbounded, eternal, ineffable, without any beginning or ending in time, and beyond the edges of space. It is the immeasurable source of all that was, all that is, and all that will be. God is therefore not conceptualizable, but definitely realizable. He probes even deeper into the greatest mysteries of human experience:

* What is the nature of reality?
* What is the meaning and purpose of existence?
* What happens to us when we die?

Dr. Chopra has a great understanding of science and wisdom and in his book, Life After Death: The Burden of Proof he builds his case for an afterlife in which our most essential self uses the end of life to pass over into the next lifetime. There is survival of consciousness after death and memories and contexts and relationships of previous lifetimes influence our biological patterns and our personalities today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Dec 7 2014
This review is from: Life After Death: The Burden of Proof (Paperback)
Can quickly. It is a Christmas gift.

Life After Death: The Burden of Proof
Life After Death: The Burden of Proof by Deepak Chopra (Paperback - Sept. 16 2008)
CDN$ 18.00 CDN$ 13.00