5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!
Published 22 months ago by Paulette

2.0 out of 5 stars Warm, fuzzy devotions.
Published on Dec 15 2011 by Chelsey

2.0 out of 5 stars Warm, fuzzy devotions., Dec 15 2011
Chelsey (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
A little while ago I received an opportunity to review Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. I took a look at the book on Amazon and decided it didn't really seem like my thing, so I was going to turn the opportunity down until I overheard a fellow mom blogger on twitter say that her favourite thing that she got from Relevant '10 was her 'Jesus Calling' devotional book that she still used daily. So I decided to check it out.

'Jesus Calling' is a daily devotional book written from Jesus point of view. Each day has a short devotional accompanied by scripture, and the book is small enough that it is the perfect size to take with you anywhere. The devotions are encouraging and will fill you with a peace as you go about your day. I would say this book is for anyone who is looking for a warm, fuzzy pick me up to start their day with, and will likely be something that I will lean on when my third baby arrives in January. Quick, encouraging, pre-planned devotionals ' perfect for when you don't have a ton of time for an in-depth study but don't want to miss out on daily time with the Lord.

Book has been provided courtesy of Thomas Nelson and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Thomas Nelson.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!, Sept. 9 2012
This little book is a life changer!! If you crave a deeper, more intimate, closer walk with Jesus - well, you need to look no further. I have read book after book, devotional after devotional but this little book made my heart leap at every page - it always felt like Jesus was right there, so so close - it will change your heart. The anointing on this book is tangible. If I were to recommend a devotional book - this is it!! I have handed out about 6 or 7 so far. Buy it and be blessed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what is missing in most devotional writing., April 20 2011
My friend got me this as a gift and at first I was thinking, "Oh great, another devotional on how to do better". I'm pleasantly surprised. More than focusing on little character traits to work on and perfect, it encourages you to reflect more on the relationship with Jesus that will bring about a plethora of desireable character changes. True inner peace and a real love for our neighbours and genuine devotion to God do not come from step by step instructions on how to make yourself a better person. We are powerless to do that. I think that was Jesus' message to us. We are incapable of making ourselves good enough. That's why He came and loved us enough to make the ultimate sacrifice. In my opinion much of Christian literature is too silent on that. We don't need more books to tell us how to be a better Christian, we need Jesus to guide us. And we'll never get to a place where He is able to do that if we don't look to Him and dwell on His love for us and commune with Him. It's all about relationship with Him, and that is where the "doing" is birthed. Not the other way around. For anyone who is weary of this world and finding no comfort in our Christian self-help manuals, this devotional could help to lead you to the knowledge of Christ's eternal and complete love for you which will bring about lasting peace.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jesus Calling - Deluxe edition, Feb. 10 2013
this is the best, most compelling, most insightful collection of devotional studies I have ever seen. I love the tactile feel of this edition. I have given several as gifts, and all have been equally appreciated. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Restores love., Nov. 28 2013
I've had my faith crushed in the past, and this book was the tool I used to help restore it. The best daily guidance book I've used to date.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Jesus speaking to me personally, Oct. 17 2012
On the bus this morning I sat beside an old tailor, on his way to his shop. I had given him a copy of "Jesus Calling". He thanked me once again, and told me how the words in this book are like Jesus speaking to him personally. He reads it every day, finding much comfort in its pages.

My wife has given about 20 copies to friends so far, and the response has been overwhelmingly positive. This book truly ministers to people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tellement enrichissant!, June 26 2014
C'est un délice quotidien. N'hésitez pas à commander ce livre. Vous y trouverez toujours un encouragement ou un conseil à chaque fois que vous l'ouvrirez.

5.0 out of 5 stars great wisdom, June 15 2014
I would recommend this book to anyone,it provides daily inspiration in a short form. Also, it can be a great gift to a person you care about

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little devotional, June 2 2014
Just what I needed to star my day. Easy to read and understand. I recommend this book to every one.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Treasure Chest, May 31 2014
This book is like a breath of fresh air each day. It is one I look forward to reading! It is uplifting and brings the Christian experience to life in a way that is not weighty but freeing.

Jesus Calling: Large Deluxe Edition
Jesus Calling: Large Deluxe Edition by Sarah Young (Imitation Leather - Sept. 6 2011)
CDN$ 26.99 CDN$ 18.80