march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Imitation Leather|Change

on April 20, 2011
My friend got me this as a gift and at first I was thinking, "Oh great, another devotional on how to do better". I'm pleasantly surprised. More than focusing on little character traits to work on and perfect, it encourages you to reflect more on the relationship with Jesus that will bring about a plethora of desireable character changes. True inner peace and a real love for our neighbours and genuine devotion to God do not come from step by step instructions on how to make yourself a better person. We are powerless to do that. I think that was Jesus' message to us. We are incapable of making ourselves good enough. That's why He came and loved us enough to make the ultimate sacrifice. In my opinion much of Christian literature is too silent on that. We don't need more books to tell us how to be a better Christian, we need Jesus to guide us. And we'll never get to a place where He is able to do that if we don't look to Him and dwell on His love for us and commune with Him. It's all about relationship with Him, and that is where the "doing" is birthed. Not the other way around. For anyone who is weary of this world and finding no comfort in our Christian self-help manuals, this devotional could help to lead you to the knowledge of Christ's eternal and complete love for you which will bring about lasting peace.
on September 9, 2012
This little book is a life changer!! If you crave a deeper, more intimate, closer walk with Jesus - well, you need to look no further. I have read book after book, devotional after devotional but this little book made my heart leap at every page - it always felt like Jesus was right there, so so close - it will change your heart. The anointing on this book is tangible. If I were to recommend a devotional book - this is it!! I have handed out about 6 or 7 so far. Buy it and be blessed.
on September 19, 2014
I love this book.Jesus meets my needs as I read it every day. As I introduce others to this book they too are thrilled with it and introduce it to others. It is worth the price to me, other people would be happy if it cost a bit less!
on May 30, 2013
I ordered five copies of this book on behalf of my friend who is elderly and has a big heart for people. She wished to give the five copies as an encouragement to others in her sphere of influence. This is a book that communicates simply and beautifully with one's soul.
on February 10, 2013
this is the best, most compelling, most insightful collection of devotional studies I have ever seen. I love the tactile feel of this edition. I have given several as gifts, and all have been equally appreciated. Highly recommended.
on August 1, 2015
It is an amazing book that will inspire, encourage, and help people to come into a more intimate relationship with Christ. The writer reveals to us the love of Chirst and how he accepts the way we are but He also desires and encouragesus to to go into a deeper relationship with him. For someone who is hungry for more of God, this is a great book.
on September 22, 2015
My daughter from Albany & I are doing the daily reading via phone each day. Great way to lift each other up seeing we are so far away and are both going through some difficult situations, with my husband in a nursing home with Alzheimer and her husband facing a big surgery , it has given us both comfort.
on September 12, 2014
Our amazing God is also our personal Saviour ad Lord. This book points to that relationship- it teaches us to trust Jesus more and more. Having said that, our devotions need to be combined with history - His Story, so it must not take the place of reading the Bible itself, because our God is just so infinitely more than personal!
on May 24, 2014
A friend gave me this book as a gift. With every days devotion it drew me closer and closer to my Lord. I felt like He was right there talking to me. It seemed to be more up front and personal than the other devotionals I have read. I could not wait for the next day, I had expectations and each day they were fulfilled. I have since bought about a dozen or more and given them to friends and new Christians. This is a awesome book that can also be used as a tool and/or for yourself. I feel a lot closer to God because of it.
on March 25, 2013
I first saw this book when a friend showed it to me and upon reading some of the entries I knew this was a book that I wanted to have. I loved the first person language in it, so simply written and refreshing! It reads as if the Lord was speaking directly to you and it is all scripture based. Because it is so uplifting and powerful, I recommend this book to anyone who may need a fresh perspective on how dearly we are loved and treasured by God. He shows us His loving-kindness and gentle care on every page. I have seen other editions of this book and although this is labelled as a teen edition, the language in it does not indicate that. This book is for anyone, no matter what your age. I personally loved the graphics and colors and that is the reason I purchased this edition.