5.0 out of 5 stars the Icon Lives!
Published 24 months ago by Hugh Beckstead

3.0 out of 5 stars Epic story, OK artwork
I hate to give this one 3 stars, but once again the artwork for me is really important in graphic novels. The story was great but I felt like the art/coloring was done for a younger audience and not realistic enough for my liking. Nonetheless I would recommend this one if your a superman fan.
Published 7 months ago by RMG

5.0 out of 5 stars the Icon Lives!, Sept. 18 2012
This review is from: All Star Superman (Paperback)
Have you ever wondered why people make such a fuss over Superman? I mean, over all the years the character has been around it has always been pretty mediocre. he has a great back story, but that's about it. Go on, try and name five big Superman villains I dare you! Well, lucky for us Grant Morrison knew exactly what makes Superman so great and it's all inside this book. Also, the art of Frank Queitly is nothing short of brilliant. You will finally see how people could miss the physical connection and not clearly see that Clark is Superman and you will never see a more beautiful Lois Lane. All Star Superman is not just the best Superman story ever, but it's also one of the best superhero books in the last twenty years! After reading this there will be no doubt about why Superman is an icon!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Superman Classic, May 30 2014
This review is from: All Star Superman (Paperback)
I picked this up, having read Red Son, and Death of Superman previously collected. The thing I noticed with this one over the other two, was the pure "Superman" personality. Red son was parallel world so I'll leave it out, but even in Death of Superman, you didn't get the hero who did the little things as well. Death of Superman was a throw down fist fight, where All-Star Superman is Superman being Superman.

He spends his time in this book helping the little guy, visiting children in hospitals, and the iconic scene where he talks to the young girl about to jump off a building. I also appreciate the fact the book acknowledges Superman's brain power. People forget he's brilliant due to the fact he could punch the moon to pieces or push "200 Quintillion tons".

Overall a must read for any Superman fan out there, considering he doesn't have many "Must reads" like Batman or even now Green Lantern.

3.0 out of 5 stars Epic story, OK artwork, Jan. 27 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're a Superman fan, read this., July 9 2013
This review is from: All Star Superman (Paperback)
I picked up the first issue of this series for free and it had me hooked, so I went out and bought the trade. I figured I would read it to prepare for the Superman movie this year. Little did I know this book would help clean the disgusting taste of the movie out of my mouth.

This book is joyful and full of wonder. There is a bit of filler at certain places but for the most part this book is fast paced and full of great moments.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect Superman Story, June 5 2013
This review is from: All Star Superman (Paperback)
All Star Superman is the perfect Superman story. It is appealing to both new readers and those who aren't familiar with the Superman mythos. Grant Morrison is one of the greatest writers in the comic book industry, and his writing really shines with a character like Superman. Anyone who is interested in comics should read this story.

5.0 out of 5 stars A haunting look at the Man of Steel., March 29 2013
This review is from: All Star Superman (Paperback)
When your first read Grant Morrison work, no matter who his is writing for you realize there are a lot of layers that goes into his writing, this book is one of those storys that hits you right away, but when u stop to think about what u read you realize how much deeper he actually takes Superman. A certain classic that will be read over and over again by myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, Jan. 14 2014
This review is from: All Star Superman (Paperback)
It showed up super fast, in super awesome condition. Its a super awesome read, highly recommended for fans and new people alike.

All Star Superman
All Star Superman by Grant Morrison (Paperback - Oct. 11 2011)
CDN$ 35.00 CDN$ 21.94