5.0 out of 5 stars Most worthwhile read!
Would highly recommend this book to everyone!
Beautiful heart warming story with lessons to be learned.
a book you could read over and over again.
Published 17 months ago by Mary Mulvihill

3.0 out of 5 stars So So
Published on March 10 2012 by G. Petec

5.0 out of 5 stars Most worthwhile read!, Feb. 10 2013
This review is from: The Five People You Meet in Heaven (Paperback)
Would highly recommend this book to everyone!
Beautiful heart warming story with lessons to be learned.
a book you could read over and over again.

3.0 out of 5 stars So So, March 10 2012
G. Petec "Gia" (Canada) - See all my reviews
(...)Hmm. It is not as cheesy I thought it could be, and not as life changing as many make it out to be. There are a few ideas that are beautiful and could have been exploited, as well as quotation material that could have been brought farther with a bit more imagination. I'm not saying Mitch is not imaginative, he is just not as imaginative as he could be, which leads to a bit of boredom for a reader like me who' is looking for challenges.
All the way through I kept waiting for that wonderful momentum, the paroxysm where you discover that everything was actually a lot more intricate than it initially had appeared to be, whilst all is being revealed to you, leaving your heart content or there to debate the choice of the author. Not the case. The climax comes early, as I believe that the people that Eddie meets at the beginning are far more interesting and wise than the ones met at the end.
The voice of Eddie is extremely annoying (Thank you Mitch for having other characters speak, nice breaks they were). It took stubbornness on my part to get through to the end. Mitch explains the voice as being similar to his uncle's voice, as he wanted to bestow credit to his uncle; he apparently tried very hard to reproduce his uncle''s unique husky strong speech.(...)
To see the rest of the review as well as many more interesting ones go to allwords.ca.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really makes you think, Aug. 1 2013
opinions4u - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Five People You Meet in Heaven (Paperback)
This book REALLY makes you think about eternal life and the things we do on earth to others, good or bad. I recommend this to anyone who needs a "wake-up" call. Actually, we ALL need a wake-up call! VERY interesting book! I love ALL of Mitch Albom's books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stirring, July 24 2013
Whatever any of us imagine about the afterlife, it is speculation. Our assessment of our own lives as well is incomplete and likely inaccurate. This book beautifully opens the heart and mind to greater possibilities in the "here and now" as well as the "then and there".

5.0 out of 5 stars A thought-proving story that captured my heart, Jan. 26 2013
John T C (Raleigh, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Five People You Meet in Heaven (Paperback)
Good stories have a place in my mind and heart.This is one of the most beautiful books about man's pilgrimage through life. The plot is amazing. I hold that nobody can say for certain what his/her purpose in life is or whether ones' purpose had been achieved when the person dies. Still it is good for us to remember the troubles of our life, recollect the memories of things, judge the impact they had on those around us or on humanity as a whole, and determine whether we achieved what we've been trying to find out in life. Life's meaning is unveiled for us to understand in this book. This is a positively inspiring book. It reminds me of The Usurper and Other Stories, where the narrator had to whisk off a living soul to the world beyond for judgment.

Overall, the style is unique and the writer is plain brilliant. The book deserves all the rave reviews it has been getting. I am glad mine is one of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars The twist you just didn't see coming!, Dec 23 2012
I love the unexpected. My friend sent me this book and then I bought one to share with others. 8 of my peeps have read it now.
They are wonderfully educated people, all of them. What they don't know is, I'm having them all over in a month to talk about this book. Let's see what they recall 2 months later! Interesting book and I'm sure it will make for an interesting evening of perceptions. Thanks Mitch!

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, Nov. 15 2012
Lorina Stephens (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Five People You Meet in Heaven (Paperback)
It has been some time since I've been so deeply and profoundly moved by a novel, indeed moved to a shattered state and uncontrolled weeping. The Five People You Meet in Heaven is not only a subtle, deftly crafted novel that deals with the ambiguities and silent secrets ordinary people carry with them, like burdens or crutches, but a clear insight into motivation, cause and effect.

The story follows a relatively simple narrative, employing a relatively simple style. No flash and dazzle here. But it is in the deception of simplicity that Mitch Albom creates the complexities in which humans chain themselves.

We follow the life of Eddie, an aged maintenance man at an amusement park, who believes himself trapped by his wartime disabilities, and by his inability to confront his father. The story begins, as Albom puts it, at the end, in this case the end of Eddie's life.

What unfolds is a story of redemption and discovery, and in the end of reconciliation and peace. It is a very human story. Any lover, any friend, any child and any parent will find common cause in this story, will nod, will identify.

I believe The Five People You Meet in Heaven will remain on the shelves of classic literature for generations to come.

Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Why, oh why?, June 9 2004
G. Wong - See all my reviews
I simply do not understand how this book is getting so much praise. I enjoyed Tuesdays with Morrie because of the wisdom Morrie Schwartz shared with the rest of us. Looking back Tuesdays with Morrie is really a book by Schwartz which Albom edited. In Five People You Meet in Heaven Mitch Albom strives very hard to make this a tear-jerker and becomes overly preachy in his story telling. Over-rated.

5.0 out of 5 stars I COULDN'T PUT THIS DOWN! READ IT IN A FEW HOURS!, May 28 2014
This review is from: The Five People You Meet in Heaven (Paperback)
This is by far the most interesting book I have ever read! I could NOT put it down! I read it in just a few hours!!! Unbelievable! I can't stop talking about it to my friends and now THEY are all asking to borrow it! lol So, it's making it's rounds!

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a disappointment., May 11 2014
I was kind of disappointed - expected more. I will read more of his books though - I like the way he writes.

The Five People You Meet in Heaven
The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom (Paperback - March 1 2006)
CDN$ 15.50 CDN$ 11.19