march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on November 21, 2011
This is not a book that I would necessarily buy, but I gave it a middling review, because it is average. It's not healthy (as noted by other reviewers), but the recipes can be modified to be healthier, if you're experienced and knowledgeable enough to make the changes yourself...but even then, it's trial and error. This book just isn't great, in terms of health or variety of recipes, but it does have some 'quick options'. The entire dessert section is full of 'quickies' (nothing else). But there are few to no breakfast recipes, dips/snacks/spreads, or other recipes. It just isn't a great read.

The only thing that is good about it is that they provide pictures for each recipe. It is the only thing that I think would sell this book...but then you're bound to be disappointed, because when you start to read, the recipes just don't add up to the beautiful pictures. Nothing is particularly appetizing or great. And there are few to no vegetarian options. Not something I would recommend highly. If you're new to the kitchen, it may provide you with some quick ,easy, basic recipes. But this book is like a poor cousin of others of its ilk....if you're considering this book, I would suggest, instead:

Weight Watcher's New Complete Cookbook
(it doesn't sound appetizing, but it's amazing, full of a wide variety of healthy, easy, appetizing recipes, and great pictures, and it's all in a neat binder, so you can place your favorites at the front of the book).

[...]

Just my opinion. Bon appetit!

str8arrow
on May 14, 2011
I found this cook book had a lot of interesting recipes. However, after reading through the recipes and seeing the calories and fat in each recipe I know I will not be making any. With everyone trying to eat healthier I was surprised by this cook book. I lent the book to a friend and she gave it back to me with the same review. A disappointed buy. It will be going to my garage sale.