5.0 out of 5 stars Jamie Oliver's Meals in Minutes

3.0 out of 5 stars A little confusing
Published on Nov. 20 2011 by CindyRelly99

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Jamie Oliver's Meals in Minutes, Oct. 28 2011
This review is from: Jamie Oliver's Meals in Minutes: A Revolutionary Approach to Cooking Good Food Fast (Hardcover)
I bought this book after watching a couple of Jamie's Meals in Minutes shows on the FoodTv Network. The shows are excellent and the book compliments it. There are so many innovative ideas, shortcuts and easy prep that makes putting a meal together really fun. I would recommend this book to any and everyone who spends evenings in the kitchen tearing their hair out figuring what to cook and how long it is going to take. Congrats Jamie on a job well done!

Neville

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!!, Jan. 16 2012
I am "in love" with Jamie Oliver and this book is the perfect way to follow his recepies. I was looking for a book which could give me ideas to cook good food but I didn't want anything fancy or that it would take me forever to prepare; and it is exactly what it says in the cover: A Revolutionary approach to cooking good food fast. Of course some of the recepies I was not able to finish in 30 min because I don't have his practice in the kitchen but, to cook an amazing meal with an incredible taste in 45 min is already something to celebrate, because I never thought I would be able to cook something that tasted so good. The recepies are easy to follow but I have to confess that sometimes I have to google the conversions because I am used to kg and ml. At the end of the book there is an index off all the food so it is very easy to find what you are looking for. I think it is a great book, totally worth every penny spent on it. Buy it and Bon Appétit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jamie's best to date., April 23 2011
The book is Jamie's best work. It is loaded with quality tips to help us busy amateurs prepare top-notch dishes in our own kitchens. There's a bit of everything in the book - Italian, Britsh, Greek, Indian, Thai. On each page, Jamie pairs main courses with sides, salads and desserts to make his meals even more inspiring. This is Jamie's committment to getting people to eat better, fresher meals.

This book changed how I cook.
Cheers Jamie!

3.0 out of 5 stars A little confusing, Nov. 20 2011
This is my first Jamie Oliver book and I've tried some of the recipes - they have been very tasty, simple, and the ingredients are readily available. I do have some concerns with it though - my first is that these recipes are for entire meals only and the instructions walk you step by step through the process of making the entire meal, complete with dessert. The instructions zip back and forth from one dish to the other, which is great if your intention is to make the entire meal, but it is a little confusing to make any one of the parts of the meal - the main dish, for example. I have no intention of making dessert on a nightly basis so I have to be very careful to ignore the correct steps. I'd also like to see caloric information on these recipes. Lastly, although there are pictures in the book, sometimes I'm a little unsure what the finished product is supposed to look like because sometimes the pictures are of the preparation process. I would not have bought this book if it wasn't shrink-wrapped and I could see how it was layed out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect present for busy people, Dec 19 2011
Christopher R. Cowland "Chris Cowland" (Sidney, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
I bought this book for my daughter, who is a full time nurse and never has more than 20 minutes to do her own cooking. Having sneaked a peek inside and having tried a few of the recipes myself, I think I will have to order an additional copy for me!
This is a great book for anyone, not just the busy professional. Wonderfully detailed photographs, and Jamie's typical humorous style make for fun reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jamie never disappoints, April 8 2012
I was watching Jamie Oliver and he mentioned this new book of his "Meals in Minutes". I don't cook so much anymore but my daughter loves to cook and she loves watching Jamie Oliver as well. I thought, here's a way I can earn brownie points by buying her a little gift that she will appreciate and enjoy, and the rest of the family will reap the rewards. I have to say, no one in the family has been disappointed.

This book makes it so easy to plan the week's meals ahead of time. Grocery lists are much easier to make up, and the best part is, the food is wonderful. I can't wait to see what my daughter makes next. Who knows, I may even be inspired to put on an apron again. I'm so glad I bought this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Luv the book!, Feb. 21 2012
Conny J. Kunz "lakewmn" (Canada, Ontario) - See all my reviews
If you're a Jamie fan and have watched his TV shows you'll love this cookbook. Since my purchase I've tried out a lot of the recipes and they all work! The menus are great suggestions, although I switched some of them around to what I had in my pantry/fridge.
Some of the expressions are cute in his british way.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of our Top 10 Cookbooks, Oct. 27 2011
My Wife makes great meals from Jamie's recipes. The Book is easy to follow and not complicated. So enjoyable to browse recipes, and too cook Jamie's recipe that catches your eye. I tried two recipes and it worked !!! Thanks !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Crisp and concise., May 29 2011
Jamie Oliver appeals to people like me who like to cook something a little interesting without going over the top! Love the way the menus are planned and the easy to follow directions. Yes, I have tried a few of his menus and they work out fine!

4.0 out of 5 stars Whole Different Cooking Style, Dec 29 2011
Don't let the title of Jamie's book fool you; these are NOT MEALS IN MINUTES, they're more like meals in an hour!

Because? Because you have to get all your prep work done in advance. The actual cooking time DOES become roughly half an hour, and when when the meal is ready to plate...all the recipes I've tried have been excellent.

Go ahead, fire up the oven to Full Whack, as he calls it. Get the kettle boiling, assemble the food processor, wash the salad fixings, and the veg too, if need be. And have at it.

Darned good eating, but be prepared to put in a half hour of prep time (the oven probably takes 20 minutes to reach Full Whack, right?)

From this book you'll learn lovely menu options, and just as important the theory and practicality of "Mis En Place!"

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›