5.0 out of 5 stars The Book That Changed My Life!
This is the book that changed my life!

Of all the books I have read, this outstanding work by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer has caused a turn around in my life; in the way I look at life; in the way I live it. It is exciting, and refreshingly different. How different?

Published on Jan. 5 2007 by Samantha A. Perrin

3.0 out of 5 stars I LIKED THE BOOK BETTER THAN THE CD
I have read many of Dr. Dyers books and listened to his cd's of manifest your destiny, so I opted to buy the (abridged) cd instead of the book.
Somehow it did not help me as much as I thought.
Published on June 11 2004 by ava

5.0 out of 5 stars The Book That Changed My Life!, Jan. 5 2007
Samantha A. Perrin (Ottawa, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Power of Intention: Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way (Paperback)
This is the book that changed my life!

Well, to begin with, in his preface, Dr. Dyer sends the reader to the last chapter in the book first! Chapter 15, entitled A Portrait of a Person Connected to the Field of Intention, is the author's attempt to show the impact that this work can have upon an individual. After reading it I have no doubt that you will go back to the beginning for what will probably be the beginning of a "new you".

Dr. Dyer's thesis is contained in Part 1, The Essentials of Intention. Consisting of the first six chapters, it is here that he slowly and carefully constructs his concept. From Viewing Intention From A New Perspective, through a description of The Seven Faces Of Intention, to Chapter 6, Intention and Infinity, the reader is led to the conclusion: "Just as love is eternal, so is this my true nature. I'll never be afraid again, because I am forever." He then asks, "You are in the truest sense, as I've said previously, either a human being having an occasional spiritual experience, or an infinite spiritual being having a temporary human experience. Which of those gives you a feeling of love? And which inspires fear?"

Throughout, these six formulating chapters, Dr. Dyer draws from some of the great minds of our time and in history: Hermes, Emily Dickinson, John Keats, Swami Chidvilasananda, Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi, Mahatma Gandhi, Max Planck and Dr. David R. Hawkins, to name a few. Each chapter ends with a five point "how to" section to assist the reader in implementing the ideas just covered.

The second section of the book, entitled Putting Intention to Work, contains eight chapters, each offering specific information and a step-by-step guide for applying the principles developed in the first section to the daily life situations we all face at one time or another.

The last section, consisting of one chapter, is that which I referred to at the beginning of this review. As you read it for the second time you know that this is a book you will read again, and again. I have recommended this book to just about everyone I know, and will continue to do so at every opportunity.

Get this book! It changed my life, and I know it will change yours.

3.0 out of 5 stars I LIKED THE BOOK BETTER THAN THE CD, June 11 2004
Somehow it did not help me as much as I thought.
HOWEVER, I have since read the book and I found that much more helpful and informative. Perhaps it is because the cd is the abridged version of the book. I noticed the parts in the book that were left out of the cd were actually very helpful.
If you are going to buy one only then I would suggest the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Understanding, April 8 2008
M. Coda (Vancouver, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
Personally I do relate to the book and its ideas. The spiritual concepts are certainly not new and are in one way or another contained in almost all religous doctrines. Anyone contemplating this book should do so with an OPEN mind. The negative reviews above come from people who do not understand what that is and are clearly missing the point. They will never relate as they do not have an open mind. For one reviewer in particular this is most evident simply in the negativity of the review. I'm quite surprised they actually opened the book much less read it.

I found the book abstract in its concepts, something that traditionally I have had trouble with, but by keeping am open mind and re-reading the passages I had difficulty with the concepts became more clear, more believable and altogether not a bad way to live one's life whether you buy into it or not. Possibly it has been easier for me to believe what Dyer is saying simply because I have unknowingly been living my life like this all along. Now with the help of Dyer I think it makes more sense to me. If you keep an open mind and a positive atitude I think you will find this book inspiring and uplifting, what have you got to lose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Good Book, March 14 2004
S. Neal - See all my reviews
I am not finding anything new here, but I like all of Dyer's books. I also like how he bridges the gap between western and eastern thought. Bridging the gap is important for spiritual growth and the goal of peace between people and countries. I recommend this book, and I also recommend another book that bridges religion and spirituality, again with good commonsense and the inspiration to back it up, Tiffany Snow's book Psychic Gifts in the Christian Life. Another one is Grace Abbey's book on bridging science with spirituality, One with the Universe; written a while ago but still excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, Sept. 8 2005
I loved this book and it is one of the rare books I read cover to cover. It fits with how I see the Universe and the power of the energies of our thoughts. I also like the references to the Law of Attraction...It helps me remember to change my thinking when I catch myself judging, feeling sorry for myself, criticizing etc. I feel better when I think in a more constructive way...others around me too :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Intellectual blindness is not an asset, June 19 2004
D. Marois (Quebec) - See all my reviews
I've enjoyed listening to and reading Wayne Dyer for many years now. But there is an inherent flaw in what he, and others like him, tell us and this is it: we must blindly accept everything they say as truth in order to get maximum benefit from their words. Just as a child who's learning mathemetics must believe that 2 + 2 equals 4 you must believe that there is an all-governing Source that guides all creation.
That's not always easy to do for a person with a rational, thinking brain because as soon as you express any kind of disbelief YOU are not trying hard enough or YOU are in denial. It's almost a requirement that you put your brain in neutral to break through that belief barrier. Dr. Dyer says that you must practice the suspension of disbelief (as you must often do when watching certain movies) in order to GET IT. To me that says A LOT about what is being related.
Another major concern I have is the fact that there is never a bibliography of cited works. I don't understand why that is acceptable in non-fiction publishing. I could just as easily write a book claiming unidentified studies that demonstrate the opposite of what Dr. Dyer, or other "motivational speakers" proffer as proof for their convictions. But, of course, I would be branded an unbeliever. A resistor! I would be accused of NOT GETTING IT.
Inspirationla comes form the soul and if anyone can touch your soul I suppose that is all that matters. Wayne Dyer's sense of humour, story-telling ability and humanity can get through to your soul more easily that others can. Still, remember that what he says might be "invented" to help him put his message across. But if you do GET IT, you'll probably enjoy it and benefit from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, April 11 2014
Enlightenment at its best. If you are in tune this book will speak to you. All of Wayne's books are very informative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, April 6 2014
Ron C. Samson "ronster" (canada) - See all my reviews
Good book.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Okay, March 17 2014
Darineric (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
I think this was the last of the decent products from him. Liked the book, found some interesting things but nothing new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very inspirational!!, Dec 12 2013
This has got to be the best set of cd's I have ever purchased. I am still amazed at the extent of information and beautiful insights into helping you direct your life in a more peaceful way. I certainly value the knowledge that is shared by Dr. Wayne Dyer. I have to mention that I listen to these cd's quiet often and everytime I listen the them I learn more and more. I love these cd's! These were recommended to me by a very close friend and I would recommend this to anyone who is interested in living a more fullfilling way of life and in all areas of their life.

The Power of Intention: Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way
The Power of Intention: Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way by Wayne W. Dyer (Paperback - March 31 2004)
CDN$ 14.95 CDN$ 10.79