5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS THE ONE TO GET!
Published on Aug. 22 2008 by M. Fenc

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Haven't finished this book,have tried three times,just can't get into it,probably more me than the book.
Published 7 days ago by paul vincent kervin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS THE ONE TO GET!, Aug. 22 2008
M. Fenc (Toronto, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires (Paperback)
If you have heard of the work Jerry and Esther Hicks do with the non-physical entity Abraham, or are at all interested in the Law of Attraction, this is the book to get. If you are confused by all the books available, cut through the chatter and go to the source -- this book. You can learn the real secret that the movie didn't tell you, and how to overcome your negative feelings and be happier. The processes given in the book worked for me and improved my mood quite a bit. No big money manifestations yet, but I'm happy and I still have hope. If you like this book, I would get The Astonishing Power of Emotions next. Manifest Your Desires is a good collection of quotations from Ask and It is Given and other material that I find to be uplifting. If it speaks to you as it speaks to me, read them all!

4.0 out of 5 stars great information but repetitive, Dec 31 2006
C. VanderMeulen (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
Fantastic information and written in an easy to understand manner. However, the first half of the book that outlines what the law of attraction is and how it works is repetitive.

The second half of the book outlines many ways in which to help activate this law in your favor. I found this half very helpful.

Overall a great book that can change your life for the better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still An Absolute Joy!, Aug. 27 2007
I read "Ask And It Is Given" two years ago, and it still holds up as the book that has brought me more joy than any other. Its message about how our positive emotions guide us to our good is incredibly simple, yet profound. And in the back there are a set of processes that you can practice that make this book highly practical and actionable, too. So why am I just now getting around to writing a review of it? Well, I just attended my first Abraham-Hicks workshop, and I am more enthusiastic about their work than ever! These days, Abraham's message revolves around the metaphor of "going with the flow downstream, or paddling against the flow upstream." Again, so simple, yet so helpful. I'm not sure if any of the Abraham-Hicks books use this metaphor, but here is one that does: Row, Row, Row Your Boat: A Guide for Living Life in the Divine Flow This book is also a simple guide to manifesting your desires effortlessly, and I think it's an excellent book to read in addition to "Ask And It Is Given."

5.0 out of 5 stars In my top 5 books I have read, June 27 2014
I heard so much about this book I had to read it,I was not disappointed it was one of the most insightful books I have ever read and I am actually reading it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Things that make you go hmmmm., Oct. 3 2008
I looked at this book because I heard a lot about it and wanted to see for myself what all the fuss was all about. My first clue that this book was a horse of a different color was when I found it in the "metaphysical" section of the bookstore.

I have to be honest though, I never made it through the whole book. It centers around this "spirit" called Abraham and all the advice and teaching it gave to the authors.

Definitely for the "New Age" crowd, if this kind of thing interests you, then for the type of book that it is, its a good one. The book has 22 sections, whose purpose is to help you achieve your goals in life by asking you some reflective types of questions- which I did find motivating. Although not my cup of tea, the book is quite popular and I can recommend it to anyone looking for something different and inspiring. For readers who like more conventional books in the self-help genre, I recommend The Sixty-Second Motivator.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you!, July 4 2014
It is absolutely fantastic! :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, May 8 2014
This book makes you feel better and uplifted just by reading every word. I'm living life with more joy and happiness because of each word in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible!, April 27 2014
Listen to this story! I bought this book when a friend on FB posted it. I'm somewhat into this type of stuff, law of attraction etc. A girl I met recently was around the corner at a coffee shop and asked if I wanted to join her. I met up with her to chat and I brought up how I'm reading this really good book and it's making everything so clear etc. and she asks what it's called and I say "I can't remember now for some reason". She's really into this stuff too. She asks what it looks like and I say "I can't remember either for some reason" I was drawing blanks I don't know why. I say "I can't remember but this book is amazing!" and she says "I'm reading this really good book right now too" and pulls out the same book!!!!!! And further, we're within 3 pages of each other in the book. Thought that was pretty cool, out of all the books for us to be reading at the same time, it had to be one about the universe being connected...

5.0 out of 5 stars explained the "Law of Attraction" as accurately as The "law of gravitation"., Jan. 1 2014
Qiang L. (TORONTO, CANADA) - See all my reviews
clearly explained how to pray, and why it works
and if it seems fail, seems the pray is not answered, what is the reason.

The writer didn't use the word "Pray", instead, They use the word "Ask", it's much more friendly.

one of the best book.

explained the "Law of Attraction" as accurately as The "law of gravitation".
"Once you feel in Control, You will enjoy it all", I like this saying from the book.

the only thing it lack (compare with the teaching of Buddha or Jesus) is what is "I" ?

5.0 out of 5 stars Understand your life, March 20 2013
This book is incredible! Well written with practical instructions on how you life works and how to get your life to work the way you want. I highly rcommend any book written by Ester Hicks.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires
Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires by Jerry Hicks (Paperback - Sept. 15 2004)
CDN$ 14.95 CDN$ 10.79