5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS THE ONE TO GET!
Published on Aug. 22 2008 by M. Fenc

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Haven't finished this book,have tried three times,just can't get into it,probably more me than the book.
Published 4 months ago by paul vincent kervin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS THE ONE TO GET!, Aug. 22 2008
M. Fenc (Toronto, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires (Paperback)
If you have heard of the work Jerry and Esther Hicks do with the non-physical entity Abraham, or are at all interested in the Law of Attraction, this is the book to get. If you are confused by all the books available, cut through the chatter and go to the source -- this book. You can learn the real secret that the movie didn't tell you, and how to overcome your negative feelings and be happier. The processes given in the book worked for me and improved my mood quite a bit. No big money manifestations yet, but I'm happy and I still have hope. If you like this book, I would get The Astonishing Power of Emotions next. Manifest Your Desires is a good collection of quotations from Ask and It is Given and other material that I find to be uplifting. If it speaks to you as it speaks to me, read them all!

4.0 out of 5 stars great information but repetitive, Dec 31 2006
C. VanderMeulen (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
Fantastic information and written in an easy to understand manner. However, the first half of the book that outlines what the law of attraction is and how it works is repetitive.

The second half of the book outlines many ways in which to help activate this law in your favor. I found this half very helpful.

Overall a great book that can change your life for the better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still An Absolute Joy!, Aug. 27 2007
I read "Ask And It Is Given" two years ago, and it still holds up as the book that has brought me more joy than any other. Its message about how our positive emotions guide us to our good is incredibly simple, yet profound. And in the back there are a set of processes that you can practice that make this book highly practical and actionable, too. So why am I just now getting around to writing a review of it? Well, I just attended my first Abraham-Hicks workshop, and I am more enthusiastic about their work than ever! These days, Abraham's message revolves around the metaphor of "going with the flow downstream, or paddling against the flow upstream." Again, so simple, yet so helpful. I'm not sure if any of the Abraham-Hicks books use this metaphor, but here is one that does: Row, Row, Row Your Boat: A Guide for Living Life in the Divine Flow This book is also a simple guide to manifesting your desires effortlessly, and I think it's an excellent book to read in addition to "Ask And It Is Given."

5.0 out of 5 stars Law of Attraction 101, Oct. 5 2008
Hunter Phoenix (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This has got to be the first and foremost book on the 'Law of Attraction'. I've enjoyed listening to Ester and Jerry Hicks for years on Hay House Radio, and finally decided to buy the book - it really pulled everything together. This book provides valuable new awarenesses and insights, as well as easy and effective processes to help you connect to one of the most powerful and miraculous laws of the universe! Reading this book gave me a deeper understanding of the Law of Attraction, and helped me to utilize more in my own life. If you want to start working with the Law of Attraction, this is an excellent starting point.

5.0 out of 5 stars Law of Attraction Book From Esther And Jerry Hicks, Sept. 10 2014
I admit to have purchased and owned this book that I’m reviewing since January 15, 2010. My personal career and spiritual goals are what influence me to use the multiple ideas from this book. I’m very lucky to at least know what main career and spiritual goals that I plan to pursue regardless of what even my most talented critics may say. The ideas in this book have become even more important to me after being given spiritual signs/omens around July 16. 2014 of the main career that I must pursue no matter what and how long in my current life that it may take. Additionally, I am being given increasing amounts of information on how imagination is vital to shaping personal realities and this book has fun exercises that use the imagination factor. However, I wish to now focus on what is in the book in this review such as the following information:
Foreword by author Wayne Dyer and a preface on how Esther and Jerry Hicks connected with the information given to them by the being they call Abraham.
The authors share their three steps for whatever a person wants to be, do, or have.
Using Your Feelings As Guideposts
Different Degrees of Your Emotional Guidance Scale
Different Processes for molding reality: I’m in the process of fine-tuning how I use the processes, but I am finding the scripting, meditation, and dream journal to be among the fun and easiest. The best way to describe the scripting process is akin to the late John Candy movie Delirious.

This is a fun book, but the only catch is that it does not touch upon ways to line up personal goals in line with what a person is meant to pursue (in other words, lining up what you want to do with your intuition and in sync with the life contract of your higher self/soul). I reluctantly confess that I finally figured out that part out around 2-3 months ago and my feelings on this were confirmed from an e-mail by Heather Matthews (she was discussing her Manifestation Miracle program and how a person’s goals must intuitively match up with what their soul/spirit/higher self has planned in order for the reality creation efforts to be most successful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Things that make you go hmmmm., Oct. 3 2008
I looked at this book because I heard a lot about it and wanted to see for myself what all the fuss was all about. My first clue that this book was a horse of a different color was when I found it in the "metaphysical" section of the bookstore.

I have to be honest though, I never made it through the whole book. It centers around this "spirit" called Abraham and all the advice and teaching it gave to the authors.

Definitely for the "New Age" crowd, if this kind of thing interests you, then for the type of book that it is, its a good one. The book has 22 sections, whose purpose is to help you achieve your goals in life by asking you some reflective types of questions- which I did find motivating. Although not my cup of tea, the book is quite popular and I can recommend it to anyone looking for something different and inspiring. For readers who like more conventional books in the self-help genre, I recommend The Sixty-Second Motivator.

5.0 out of 5 stars In my top 5 books I have read, June 27 2014
I heard so much about this book I had to read it,I was not disappointed it was one of the most insightful books I have ever read and I am actually reading it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars A hard To Read, Dec 16 2009
This is one of the many Abraham-Hicks books available to people, and while it's a decent book it does get a bit hard to read, and for people who don't have any background to their teachings it is not a book for them.

Some interesting ideas and concepts given but still, none the less a readable piece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you!, July 4 2014
It is absolutely fantastic! :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, May 8 2014
This book makes you feel better and uplifted just by reading every word. I'm living life with more joy and happiness because of each word in this book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires
Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires by Jerry Hicks (Paperback - Sept. 15 2004)
CDN$ 14.99 CDN$ 10.82