5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing and Startling
"The Disappearance of the Universe" is an amazing and startling book. The author, who as far as I can see is just a regular guy with no academic background, has managed to do what the other popular books about "A Course in Miracles" definitely did not do: make it truly understandable! Not only that, but this book does it in a way that's fun to read. Not that it isn't...
Published on July 1 2003 by Paul Rodriquez

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea.
Published on April 5 2010 by SIS

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding!, May 3 2013
This review is from: The Disappearance of the Universe: Straight Talk About Illusions, Past Lives, Religion, Sex, Politics, and the Miracles of Forgiveness (Paperback)
This book will blow your mind ! If you have an open mind to begin with then this will prepare you for the bigger and more profound text called 'A Course in Miracles'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Altering (Pun Intended), March 30 2012
This book will change how you approach everything and answer all of the unanswerable questions that you have about yourself and life. This is the most important book that has entered my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am very happy with this purchase and would recommend it to others ..., Oct. 20 2014
This book has answered a lot of questions that I have had since I was a teenager which was many many years ago. I am very happy with this purchase and would recommend it to others in a heart beat .

4.0 out of 5 stars Deeply thought provoking, hopeful, disquieting, Feb. 26 2004
Rickie Bansbach (Bel Air, MD United States) - See all my reviews
I have found that during the time I was reading this book, and since I have finished it, I thought much of what was written was rather disturbing and unsettling. Disturbing in that it contradicts much of what I was taught as a child and have believed as an adult. It has quite a ring of truth to it. It has kept me wondering and thinking. It is a hopeful book, but also has left me feeling a bit sad. I think I'd need more than 1000 words to attempt to cover it all. I would recommend this book highly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea., April 5 2010
SIS (Wainfleet, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
I had been looking forward to receiving the CD's but l was disappointed. I found that the author was trying to be funny to bring some humour into it but it just did not fit. It seems to be the same concept as Conversations With God but for me it didn't even come close. I am not doubting that the author had this experience but l just did not enjoy the way it was presented.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gary's books are too good to be interpreted in a flaky way!, March 6 2010
Wim Borsboom (Victoria BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
Gary Renard wrote some very good books, I recommend reading them...
The message is mostly true, fun and absorbing to read, clear, tight and to the point.
Beware though, the "channeled visitors" scene (mise-en-scène) is a literary form only. The message (however good it is and however much it is accurate) does not prove that its literary form represents reality! And of course not! The enscenation is part of the "false universe" that will disappear when the reader realizes the truth and reality embedded in these writings.
That is of course why eventually the "visitors" Arten and Pursah had to disappear as well. :)
So, however simple and clear the text seems, it requires careful reading.
For example, and I quote:
"To correct something usually means you fix it up and keep it. When the false universe is finished being corrected by the Holy Spirit, it will no longer appear to exist."
Notice it says that "the false universe will no longer appear to exist..."
This "false" or mentally illusive universe IS of course already a SEEMING appearance.
It is already a pseudo universe, as it is the usually mentally interpreted (wished for or feared) deformation of reality!
It is NOT reality itself; it is mind-imaged pseudo-reality only. This universe already does not exist... except in the imaginations (fed by fear, angst, desires, hopes and expectations) of the common human mind.
When one keeps upholding its seeming appearance by believing one's-own-and-the-common-consensus-interpretations of it, one keeps upholding a chimera with an ill functioning mind, a mind that tends to treat seeming appearance as more real than reality itself.
Of course when the mind functions right it only captures reality!

So let this book inspire you to recalibrate or normalize your mind... that is what the "fix" by the Holy Spirit is about.
So again, beware: do not loose your mind to some flaky interpretations that this book inspires (?) in some people... the embedded truth is too true for that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Universe and Whatelse, Sept. 19 2014
A new perspective on things. Thoroughly enjoyed it and highly recommend it. Cheryl

4.0 out of 5 stars The world behind the scenes, Sept. 5 2009
W. Tarnasky "Grousegrinder" (Canada) - See all my reviews
This is very simply a must read book. For some reason many people are "waking up" to a new reality, one that says we're supposed to be letting life move us in the right direction and not fighting the flow like billions do every day. Somethings going on in the essence of us, the universal telephone line is ringing! We need to forget the material world we live in and connect to the soul world that really makes us tick.

Reading this book needs patience, I myself have doubts about these 2 "people" appearing out of nowhere and in such a frank, often flippant manner but I read through the conjecture and absorb the intent. We will change the world as more of us understand our true being, we must collectively get on the same wavelength, start giving more of ourselves and uinderstand that life will take care of us if we let the energy out there get in the pipeline, US!

I also highly recommend you read Eckhart Toll or Burt Harding on Youtube. Just listen, feel and try to know. I think you'll get it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very revealing and out there!, April 6 2004
Luigi (NY United States) - See all my reviews
I have been studying physics (relativity, quantum mechanics, M-theory, cosmology and astrophysics) for quite sometime now and I have felt that the leading edge theories do seem to blend into the spiritual and metaphysical realm. This book answers many questions and makes good sense, it's even consistent with quantum theory. I do not give it 5 stars because some of the explanations are somewhat vague and the all Mars-Earth colonization story is a little far out (to my opinion at least....). Otherwise this is a great book, well worth reading it. If you are interested in a similar book with a more scientifical inclination on the subject -The Holographic Universe- is another excellent reading you might not want to miss.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very interesting account of very unusual encounters, June 27 2003
Andrew Parodi (Oregon, United States) - See all my reviews
THE DISAPPEARANCE OF THE UNIVERSE is an interesting account of conversations between author Gary R. Renard and two ascended masters named Pursah and Arten. The two masters instruct Mr. Renard in everything from religion, economics, and politics, and lead him to the three-volume set of books on spiritual psychotherapy called A COURSE IN MIRACLES.
THE DISAPPEARANCE OF THE UNIVERSE inspired me by re-acquainting me with the beauty of the language and teachings of A COURSE IN MIRACLES. And it was very refreshing to read a book based on Course theory that does not dilute its strict non-dual framework.
Andrew Parodi