5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing and Startling
"The Disappearance of the Universe" is an amazing and startling book. The author, who as far as I can see is just a regular guy with no academic background, has managed to do what the other popular books about "A Course in Miracles" definitely did not do: make it truly understandable! Not only that, but this book does it in a way that's fun to read. Not that it isn't...
Published on July 1 2003 by Paul Rodriquez

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea.
Published on April 5 2010 by SIS

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very revealing and out there!, April 6 2004
Luigi (NY United States) - See all my reviews
I have been studying physics (relativity, quantum mechanics, M-theory, cosmology and astrophysics) for quite sometime now and I have felt that the leading edge theories do seem to blend into the spiritual and metaphysical realm. This book answers many questions and makes good sense, it's even consistent with quantum theory. I do not give it 5 stars because some of the explanations are somewhat vague and the all Mars-Earth colonization story is a little far out (to my opinion at least....). Otherwise this is a great book, well worth reading it. If you are interested in a similar book with a more scientifical inclination on the subject -The Holographic Universe- is another excellent reading you might not want to miss.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very interesting account of very unusual encounters, June 27 2003
Andrew Parodi (Oregon, United States) - See all my reviews
THE DISAPPEARANCE OF THE UNIVERSE is an interesting account of conversations between author Gary R. Renard and two ascended masters named Pursah and Arten. The two masters instruct Mr. Renard in everything from religion, economics, and politics, and lead him to the three-volume set of books on spiritual psychotherapy called A COURSE IN MIRACLES.
THE DISAPPEARANCE OF THE UNIVERSE inspired me by re-acquainting me with the beauty of the language and teachings of A COURSE IN MIRACLES. And it was very refreshing to read a book based on Course theory that does not dilute its strict non-dual framework.
Andrew Parodi

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea., April 5 2010
SIS (Wainfleet, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
I had been looking forward to receiving the CD's but l was disappointed. I found that the author was trying to be funny to bring some humour into it but it just did not fit. It seems to be the same concept as Conversations With God but for me it didn't even come close. I am not doubting that the author had this experience but l just did not enjoy the way it was presented.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gary's books are too good to be interpreted in a flaky way!, March 6 2010
Wim Borsboom (Victoria BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Disappearance of the Universe: Straight Talk About Illusions, Past Lives, Religion, Sex, Politics, and the Miracles of Forgiveness (Paperback)
Gary Renard wrote some very good books, I recommend reading them...
The message is mostly true, fun and absorbing to read, clear, tight and to the point.
Beware though, the "channeled visitors" scene (mise-en-scène) is a literary form only. The message (however good it is and however much it is accurate) does not prove that its literary form represents reality! And of course not! The enscenation is part of the "false universe" that will disappear when the reader realizes the truth and reality embedded in these writings.
That is of course why eventually the "visitors" Arten and Pursah had to disappear as well. :)
So, however simple and clear the text seems, it requires careful reading.
For example, and I quote:
"To correct something usually means you fix it up and keep it. When the false universe is finished being corrected by the Holy Spirit, it will no longer appear to exist."
Notice it says that "the false universe will no longer appear to exist..."
This "false" or mentally illusive universe IS of course already a SEEMING appearance.
It is already a pseudo universe, as it is the usually mentally interpreted (wished for or feared) deformation of reality!
It is NOT reality itself; it is mind-imaged pseudo-reality only. This universe already does not exist... except in the imaginations (fed by fear, angst, desires, hopes and expectations) of the common human mind.
When one keeps upholding its seeming appearance by believing one's-own-and-the-common-consensus-interpretations of it, one keeps upholding a chimera with an ill functioning mind, a mind that tends to treat seeming appearance as more real than reality itself.
Of course when the mind functions right it only captures reality!

So let this book inspire you to recalibrate or normalize your mind... that is what the "fix" by the Holy Spirit is about.
So again, beware: do not loose your mind to some flaky interpretations that this book inspires (?) in some people... the embedded truth is too true for that!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for everyone :), July 10 2009
Derek Scott "Del WhiteWizard" (West Coast, Canada) - See all my reviews
I have to say I was skeptical about reading this book, I always go into these books that claim channeling with my skeptical glasses on. This book was no different especially in the beginning of the book when I had preconceptions about how ascended masters should talk, but slowly after flowing through the chapters the glasses weakened and I saw the book for what it truly was. Wisdom :)

This book hit home with me on so many levels and it's a book that has had a huge impact on me. I will keep this book close with me and will refer to some of the passages often for guidance and wisdom. There's something for everyone in this book, whether you believe 1/10th of the book or 1/100th of what they say, it will have an impact on your life in a positive way.

In all honesty I have never even heard of a course in miracles before reading this book but it's not something you need to know in order to read this book.

The only downside I can come up with in this book is it's slow in some areas and very repetitive, however it's a good repetitive that our stubborn mind needs some time in order for this amazing wisdom to really sink in.

- May All beings be happy :)

4.0 out of 5 stars so long!, May 18 2011
It's a long book! Maybe it just seems that way but it does keep you turning pages and I am glad I read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent source for understanding ACIM, Nov. 19 2010
P. A. Cook (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
I was introduced to A Course in Miracles some years ago and it came back into my life around 6 years ago again. I was ready for the philosophy of this thought process at this time, however, it was difficult to absorb on some levels and I found myself struggling with the concepts. "DU" came mysteriously into my life and I read it within a few days. I was riveted. It completely opened up my mind to the message and concepts of ACIM in a way that I could understand the reality of it. It (DU) is written in casual layman's terms and further complimented with the use of humor. I see this as a plus for an otherwise difficult transition from the "traditional" brick and mortar thought processes that we have been taught for two thousand years! This is my 5th copy as I have also bought this as a gift for friends that are also seeking an easier way to understand the teachings in ACIM. Once you read it you will use it as a constant reference point to your new mind! I would highly suggest also purchasing "Your Immortal Reality" which is the 2nd book by Gary Renard. It picks up where DU left off. Enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reading!!, Nov. 14 2010
This is excellent - I couldn't put it down. I had an experience 42 years ago and have been learning about it ever since. As it has to be integrated on this level, there is learning going on all time (if you stay on the path) - which isn't easy at times. The book gave more understanding and insights. Also Gary seems like a regular guy - sense of humour and nothing put on about him. I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars The world behind the scenes, Sept. 5 2009
W. Tarnasky "Grousegrinder" (Canada) - See all my reviews
This is very simply a must read book. For some reason many people are "waking up" to a new reality, one that says we're supposed to be letting life move us in the right direction and not fighting the flow like billions do every day. Somethings going on in the essence of us, the universal telephone line is ringing! We need to forget the material world we live in and connect to the soul world that really makes us tick.

Reading this book needs patience, I myself have doubts about these 2 "people" appearing out of nowhere and in such a frank, often flippant manner but I read through the conjecture and absorb the intent. We will change the world as more of us understand our true being, we must collectively get on the same wavelength, start giving more of ourselves and uinderstand that life will take care of us if we let the energy out there get in the pipeline, US!

I also highly recommend you read Eckhart Toll or Burt Harding on Youtube. Just listen, feel and try to know. I think you'll get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just plain excellent, May 14 2009
Rabinna (British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
Renard has captured the pure essence of "A Course in Miracles" in his unique, albeit quirky interpretive book. I struggled with grasping the full meaning of the Course until I found this book. I found myself repeatedly saying "Oh, that's what that means," as I poured through this book. Although not quite finished, I continually refer to earlier sections and cross reference with the Course book. This one will definitely stay on my night stand for months to come.

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›