‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly, Awe Inspiring, March 23 2006
This review is from: Left to Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust (Paperback)
I can not begin to describe the content of this book and how it touched, spoke to and inspired me. A must read! I believe each reader will be personally affected. This book, and journey is really, beyond words. Well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Left to Tell, June 29 2013
What a story. I read this on Kindle and enjoyed it so much that I purchased the book for my sister. This woman, Immaculee Ilibagiza is such a strong woman with such a lovely spirit and her faith carried her through this holocaust.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read!, April 14 2012
Some books I can pick up and read a little at a time, when the mood strikes. Others I feel compelled to read without interruption. Left to Tell by Immaculee Iliabagiza falls into the latter category. This book tells the true story of a young Rwandan university student who survived the Rwandan Holocaust of 1994. The story is unimaginable and brutal, yet what stands out to me is her total reliance and faith in God. Here is a woman who has experienced God to be her comfort and strength in situations I could truly not imagine being in. She has seen God work miracles. He has given her peace that passes understanding. And she has learned and shared the power of forgiveness.

Her story reminds me of God's Smuggler, Brother Andrew in the 1960's, smuggling Bibles in the back of his car, crossing borders into Communist Russia and God causing the eyes of the border guards to be blinded to it.

This is a book which saddened, educated, and inspired me. This is a book everyone should read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love and courage and of forgivness, July 5 2014
Very moving story of deep faith , Love and courage and of forgivness.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing story of survival, June 25 2014
Amazing story of survival and her loving relation with God. May God continue to bless you and your family, and your work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling, June 12 2014
A 'cannot-put-it-down' read. A well-written moving story. Makes one feel as if they are sitting with the survivor and hearing this story privately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed how I see the world, June 2 2014
Forgiveness is an action of the heart. Immacule proves it through her life story. I loved it and couldn't put it down, even through the difficult parts.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's true - I love this book. Sad but amazing., May 16 2014
Hans G. Schulte-albert (Ajax, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
It's great to listen to - when driving on a long trip. This lady whom I've seen at Marylake - is truly a holy and heroic figure. I never had any idea about the magnitude of the terrible holocaust that happened in Rwanda. I think it is a very good thing to both pray for these poor people and, at the same time - seek the intercession of the many who were martyred in this terrible genocide. Perhaps we can even invoke them to stop the killing of the preborn in our once civilized country.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I have read, Feb. 22 2014
I truly enjoyed this book. Immaculee is an inspiration. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading real life stories of courage and bravery.

5.0 out of 5 stars What an Eye-opener, Nov. 19 2013
And the majority of us think we have or had it bad. I had no idea that this took place. Another eye-opener for me and everyone else who read its it, I am sure.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Left to Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust
Left to Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust by Immaculee Ilibagiza (Paperback - Feb. 10 2006)
CDN$ 14.95