‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerfully moving, Feb. 12 2007
This review is from: Left to Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust (Paperback)
This is an amazing book which I recommend highly to anyone wanting to have more knowledge about the Rwandan genocide and, also to anyone seeking answers to their spirituality. Immaculee writes her story without omitting the wavering questions that we all ask ourselves when faced with horror and tragedy but then she shows how you can overcome the bitterness by working at your faith in God and putting it into action. A remarkable true story which inspires our thinking and pushes us to be our better selves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly, Awe Inspiring, March 23 2006
I can not begin to describe the content of this book and how it touched, spoke to and inspired me. A must read! I believe each reader will be personally affected. This book, and journey is really, beyond words. Well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read!, April 14 2012
Some books I can pick up and read a little at a time, when the mood strikes. Others I feel compelled to read without interruption. Left to Tell by Immaculee Iliabagiza falls into the latter category. This book tells the true story of a young Rwandan university student who survived the Rwandan Holocaust of 1994. The story is unimaginable and brutal, yet what stands out to me is her total reliance and faith in God. Here is a woman who has experienced God to be her comfort and strength in situations I could truly not imagine being in. She has seen God work miracles. He has given her peace that passes understanding. And she has learned and shared the power of forgiveness.

Her story reminds me of God's Smuggler, Brother Andrew in the 1960's, smuggling Bibles in the back of his car, crossing borders into Communist Russia and God causing the eyes of the border guards to be blinded to it.

This is a book which saddened, educated, and inspired me. This is a book everyone should read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes you think twice about complaining about anything...ever., Jan. 12 2008
Inspirational!

Immaculee's words come alive and touch the heart.To live through the hell she suffered, and come out alive is incredible. To continue believing in life, love and God, is simply miraculous.

I bought a copy for me, then ordered four copies to share with my closest friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Left to tell:discovering God amidst the Rwanda Holocaust, Aug. 24 2010
i think everyone should read this book, it made me think about how what we have is paradise and that there are people much worse than us, God bless you and you have given me a new look at how to pray and ask God for help and he will help us. Thank you, thank you,and once again thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars God listens, May 10 2012
divinefeminine (somewhere in the galaxies) - See all my reviews
I have never had such an experience reading a book before.
I kept thinking it was a fictional novel because of the intense emotions it brought out in me. I read it in 6 hours. I was sad that such a page-turner was a true story.

This book is about GOD. Immaculee illustrate that with god, all things are possible....
We must believe it, and feel it in our being. She mastered this while being stuck in a bathroom for 3 months BEING HUNTED. She faces death, evil, but also experiences warmth and love..mainly through god.

Despite what your RELIGIOUS beliefs are, if you are interested, above all else, to being closer to GOD, this book is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Left to Tell, June 29 2013
What a story. I read this on Kindle and enjoyed it so much that I purchased the book for my sister. This woman, Immaculee Ilibagiza is such a strong woman with such a lovely spirit and her faith carried her through this holocaust.

5.0 out of 5 stars life changing, Dec 25 2009
Flynette (New Brunswick) - See all my reviews
This is one of the most amazing books I've ever read. If she can forgive what happened to her, I can forgive the small things in my world that I once thought were big. Whatever your belief system, she will inspire you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love and courage and of forgivness, July 5 2014
Very moving story of deep faith , Love and courage and of forgivness.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing story of survival, June 25 2014
Amazing story of survival and her loving relation with God. May God continue to bless you and your family, and your work.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Left to Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust
Left to Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust by Immaculee Ilibagiza (Paperback - Feb. 10 2006)
CDN$ 14.95 CDN$ 10.91