5.0 out of 5 stars Antidote to a Midlife Crises
If you are in midlife and not wholly happy with your life, read this book. This book is meant to empower.

Marianne Williamson asks us: "How would we live were we not afraid of death? How would we live if we felt full permission from ourselves and others to give to life everything we've got?"

With those thoughts in mind, Williamson guides the reader...
Published on April 16 2008 by Norma Lehmeierhartie

2.0 out of 5 stars Not What I Needed
It wasn't what I expected! I wanted more advice, not what I can get at church. It was more about finding yourself.
Published 2 months ago by Dalene Cosgrave

5.0 out of 5 stars Antidote to a Midlife Crises, April 16 2008
Norma Lehmeierhartie (New York, USA) - See all my reviews

With those thoughts in mind, Williamson guides the reader to go after the life they want; to be proactive. Only when "we go for it" do we flourish.
Midlife is what you create. We are not too old to change, if anything, with age comes knowledge, Williamson counsels.

Williamson believes midlife is another stage of life and should be celebrated as such--not unlike the transition from childhood into teenager. She claims the bar or bat mitzvahs, the Jewish traditional rite of passage, is an ideal way to acknowledge the transition from childhood to adolescence, allowing the child to comes to terms with the change in life.

Likewise, we need to celebrate our transition into midlife. Williamson claims that if we don't, we risk a midlife crisis, most often manifested as depression in women.

She says, "Now is the time to burst forth into your greatness--a greatness you could never have achieved without going through exactly the things you've gone through."

It's our perception of middle age that counts --not the old stereotypes.
Midlife is like second chance. We learn who we are and know what we want. Midlife is the time to allow whatever it is into our lives.

Author of the award winning book,Harmonious Environment: Beautify, Detoxify and Energize Your Life, Your Home and Your Planet

5.0 out of 5 stars A Profound Message for This Day and Age, April 7 2008
There is one idea Marianne Williamson expresses in this book that I especially like. It's the idea that in this day and age we have added more years to our lives -- but those years are in the middle! What she means is that mid-life at this point in time is far more than just a transition from youth to old age. It has become a vibrant, powerful time that gives us the opportunity to leave our driven, desperate, ego-based lives behind, and truly heal ourselves -- and heal the world in the process. No matter what your age, Marianne's eloquence and passion will ignite a fire in your soul, filling you with a true desire to finally live your life the way it is supposed to be lived . . . with unconditional love, compassion, understanding, and forgiveness. I feel like I am living this book right now, and I highly recommend it.

Steven Lane Taylor, author of Row, Row, Row Your Boat: A Guide for Living Life in the Divine Flow

2.0 out of 5 stars Not What I Needed, Feb. 1 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Good reading., Feb. 5 2013
J. Hodder (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Age of Miracles: Embracing the New Midlife (Paperback)
Started reading this book but haven't read it all yet. From what I read so far, I have embraced my midlife and now feel better about myself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hope for Middle Age, Feb. 1 2013
This review is from: Age of Miracles: Embracing the New Midlife (Paperback)
I love Marianne Williamson's take on mid life. So much hope and positivity. Refreshing and uplifting as well as inspiring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Miracles, June 22 2011
This review is from: Age of Miracles: Embracing the New Midlife (Paperback)
What a wonderful book, and one that has resonated with me and a friend whom I shared it with.

It's already been many months since I've read it, and I remember the new paradigm posited by sweet Marianne...and I'm paraphrasing here: at midlife you no longer go "over the hill" - instead it is more of a mid-life riser, and when you get "over the hill" you find that the landscape "over the hill/peak" is simply a new higher plateau - and you get to choose to rise above that!

A wonderful and lovely testament to mid-life. I agree that it is the Age of miracles...

Whole-heartedly recommended to all.

ARRAY(0xaf590e7c)

Age of Miracles: Embracing the New Midlife
Age of Miracles: Embracing the New Midlife by Marianne Williamson (Paperback - March 12 2009)
CDN$ 14.95 CDN$ 10.79