5.0 out of 5 stars Great Introduction to Aromatherapy
Published on Jan. 30 2006

3.0 out of 5 stars rien de nouveau...
J'ai acheté ce livre pensant y trouver plus d'information que ce que l'on retrouve déjà sur le web, mais nope, rien de nouveau dans ce livre. Il est cependant très bien fait, pratique de l'avoir sous la main également...
Published on May 8 2010 by Marie-Noelle Marineau

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Introduction to Aromatherapy, Jan. 30 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: The Aromatherapy Bible: The Definitive Guide to Using Essential Oils (Paperback)
I am a professional aromatherapist and picked up this book not too long ago. I liked it initally because it was small and compact and was packed full of a lot of useful information and thought it would make a handy addition to my volume of other aromatherapy texts. After reading through it, I was greatly impressed at the amount of information it provided. The book is effectively laid out and explains everything in a simple fashion so that someone just being introduced to aromatherapy can benefit from reading it just as much as the professional aromatherapist. I loved the fact that it deals with aromatherapy on a total holistic level including the mind, body, spirit connection and explains the many subtle approaches of aromatherapy as well as the well-known uses such as through massage, diffusion, and skin care. The meditation exercises are excellent additions. The illustrations are fantastic and provide you with a great visual tool. For those who have trouble creating their own blends, the book is packed with lots of different blend recipes and tips for blending. Overall, I think this an outstanding beginners book as well as an excellent addition to any aromatherapy library.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!, June 21 2006
This book is beautifully written and has beautiful illustrations. Very informative to a beginner and more advanced aromatherapy users. The information is well presented and very detailed. An excellent reference that I have turned to time and again. It is also a nice, compact book that is easy to bring along.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Aug. 10 2007
Lisa E (Squamish, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Everything you wanted to know about Aromatherapy in one book. I highly recommend it to anyone! Especially someone new to Aromatherapy.

5.0 out of 5 stars first time user, Sept. 8 2012
As my first look into aromatherapy I am very impressed
and glad I bought this book it is simple and to the point which is exactly what I need

5.0 out of 5 stars A great choice, Nov. 10 2011
This is not a huge hard cover, coffee table type book.
It is a handy, invaluable, perfect sized paper back book
that doesn't make me want to buy several more books on this subject. I'm a bookaholic and I don't make these claims often.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a Big Fan Too, March 18 2010
Leslie (Calgary, AB) - See all my reviews
I echo the sentiments of those who have written glowing reviews for this book. It's the perfect addition to my small but growing library about Aromatherapy and organic recipes for health and beauty. It's a wonderful "go to" guide for a quick answer, as well as a fascinating read to enjoy leisurely. I love having so much useful information packed into a conveniently-sized, pretty book. Hey, books can be pretty, can't they?

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Starter Book, April 17 2014
I haven't finished the book yet, but it is great so far. I like the history of where essential oils come from. I would recommend this book if someone is contemplating getting into aromatherapy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb book, Feb. 26 2014
This is incredibly well written and presented. I love the stock they printed on. The only thing not good is the formatting of the book. It's squat and almost a cube which means keeping open on a page without breaking the binding is impossible. Books like these should always go in ring binders so you can refer to them on a surface when you're working on formulas.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, Feb. 14 2014
lot of helpful information i like it and will suggest to friends for sure. this is a great book to read!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly what I was looking for, but has other info that I actually really like., Dec 18 2013
Mylene (Lacombe, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
It is not exactly what I was expecting in this book. I was hoping for more info on Essential oils and their Therapeutic uses, as well as health issues and how to treat/prevent them with EO blends, but this is not the book for that. Though I was surprised to find other recipes/blends and info that I didn't even think of. So I gave it a 4 stars, because it was not what I expected, but still a book that I will refer to on a regular basis for the info it offers. Shipping was amazingly quick. Very pleased with Amazon. I would recommend this book!

The Aromatherapy Bible: The Definitive Guide to Using Essential Oils
The Aromatherapy Bible: The Definitive Guide to Using Essential Oils by Gill Farrer-Halls (Paperback - Aug. 1 2005)
CDN$ 15.95 CDN$ 11.51