5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Feb. 11 2010
Phil Thibert "Phil" (Ottawa, ON.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Easy Way to Stop Smoking (Audio CD)
I tried everything to quit smoking. Every gimmick out there. (Patches, Inhalers, Pills, Cold Turkey, Etc.)

This book (or Audio Book) is a miracle. It actually explains how easy it is to quit. We've been told all our lives how hard it is to quit, when it is actually ridiculously easy. This book explains everything. I thought to myself "ya a book is really going to help me quit". I thought it was a scam, but I was desperate to quit so I tried it. I am so glad I did. The book is easy to read, and the audio book is narrated by an old British man that is easy on the ears. (yes I bought both)

I bought this book over a year and a half ago and after smoking over a pack a day for years I have been smoke free ever since. I recommend it to everyone. I can finally breathe again, I don't constantly smell of stale tobacco smoke, and I am not a slave to the tobacco industry anymore. I save $9 a day in not buying cigarettes !

100% recommended to anyone serious about quitting smoking.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Really Works, Feb. 6 2011
I was given this book by my partner who received it from friends in a family of hardcore smokers. How hardcore were they? Well, their mother and father belonged to a "Smokers' Rights" group. And, like their parents, these two friends were heavy smokers.

When I learned they'd both quit the habit I scoffed. I admit it. So I decided to read the book more to prove there was nothing to it than out of any desire to end my pack-a-day habit.

Well, I was a non-smoker before I'd finished the book. And that was nearly four years ago.

Despite the fact that the text seems simple and repetitive, it contains a handful of important messages that are key to getting the right perspective on what smoking really means.

Pity there wasn't a follow-up: The Easy Way To Jail Tobacco company executives.

5.0 out of 5 stars How to Quit Smoking- no if, ands, or butts., Nov. 23 2010
No need for a long review here. About the first three quarters of the book is spent exploding various myths and delusions about smoking (such as smoking relaxing you or getting rid of stress), which sets you up and gets you into the right frame of mind for actually quitting. At this point, the book wants you to continue smoking while you read it. In a nutshell, the easy way to stop smoking involves two things: one, deciding you are never going to smoke again, and two, don't mope about it anymore, rejoice. Sounds too simple, but after reading the first part of the book, this strategy will make more sense to you.

Lastly, the book cites two main reasons why you will fail: the influence of other smokers, and having a bad day. Having been around for 20 some years and being able to refine it with twenty years of feedback, I feel like this is one of the better books out there on non-smoking.

Also helpful: The Sixty-Second Motivator -short, to the point, and practical.

5.0 out of 5 stars painful, torturous--I cannot believe how completely different this approach ..., Oct. 6 2014
This review is from: The Easy Way to Stop Smoking (Audio CD)
I've tried to quit smoking so many times and it's always been awful, painful, torturous--I cannot believe how completely different this approach is. I cried when I finished the last page because I knew I never had to smoke again! And I'm been unequivocally, joyously living as a non smoker since. Please, please, please, do yourself the best favor you can ever do and get this book. LIFE CHANGING.

5.0 out of 5 stars Allen Carr Audio CD, Feb. 22 2012
This review is from: The Easy Way to Stop Smoking (Audio CD)
I'm not much for reading books, but I absolutely love the Audio CD, and the contents are fantastic. I highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does work!, Oct. 12 2010
I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to stop smoking as the first option before trying any medication etc. A friend recommended this book, so I thought I'd give it a try and see what it was all about. It did sound too good to be true so I was very skeptical however as I read more it gave me a new perspective about myself as a smoker. I was a smoker for over 10 years, even though I was not a heavy smoker I could not go an entire day without at least smoking a couple of cigarettes. I haven't smoked in over 3 months and I never thought it could be this easy...seriously!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Aug. 24 2014
This review is from: The Easy Way to Stop Smoking (Audio CD)
Arrived in excellent condition.

4.0 out of 5 stars It Works but...., Sept. 21 2011
I read this book. I actually quit smoking. So I'm really happy about the result of this book. I believe this book should be one of the key that allowed everyone to escape from the cigarette dependence. But the main key is to want to quit.

The book actually is boring, repetitive and you feel that you are currently brainwashed while you read it. I guess is the writer technique to make sure you get properly the message. However is hard to read. But it works. Simple as that.

5.0 out of 5 stars The ONLY WAY to quit is the EASY WAY!, July 5 2011
Many of the other reviewers have described how Allen Carr has structured the book (and even more so on amazon.com), so I won't rehash that side of the review. Is this a great piece of literature? No, but it wasn't meant to be and the author fully admits to his limitations in that regard. What this book does very effectively, however, is to fundamentally realign how the smoker views his/her addiction. This is the first and only time that I've quit smoking without the use of any nicotine substitutes. I smoked on average a pack a day for 24 years. I've been free from that evil weed for 58 days now and I've never looked back. In addition to the patience and understanding of my loving wife, I owe this, and my new life, to Allen Carr and this book. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars A new solution to an old problem, May 13 2011
I am not a smoker. It was suggested I read this book by a business associate because of the interesting style of writing and the authors approach to a difficult problem. I found the book extremely interesting and well written. The author never really says to quit. He merely points out how devastating smoking can be. He does it in a unique way and shows how you really do not need to be dependant on nicotine and in fact convinces you that you do not. It is the presentation of the facts that is truly brilliant.

The Easy Way to Stop Smoking
The Easy Way to Stop Smoking by Allen Carr (Audio CD - Dec 18 2005)
CDN$ 22.68